KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 6 guests, and 27 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Devan Omega
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
1,986,836 Trump card
1,323,918 Picture Thread
473,873 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#50421 07/14/09 01:57 AM
JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
KGB EU FACTION LEADERSHIP
Leadership ranks, titles and position details are available in the KGB Constitution and KGB Armed Forces links on the KGB Portal page on the right hand side.

(GM5) High King JetStar
As High King, I will continue to preside over the official Darkfall Faction on EU until Character Transfer. On Friday, 07/17 I will be leaving to 2.5 weeks on vacation to Canada and Alaska. I will be on on a limited basis, but building a new leadership team to run the faction in my absence.

(F5)(GM1) KGB Chancellor Jaguar Skullsplinter / Tasho
Former logistics officer Jaguar will be assuming the position of Chancellor under High King and High Chancellor JetStar. Jaguar will carry the rank of Supreme General and serve as second in command. Jaguar with is officer corps, will run the faction in JetStar's absence.

(G2) General Morlander
Morlander will be taking over as the ranking military officer reporting to High King JetStar, and Chancellor Jaguar. General Morlander and Chancellor Jaguar will be looking to expand the EU officer corps. Interested parties should speak to both of them.

(GM3) Chief of Staff Valaria
The rank of Chief of Staff is not defined in the Constitution. The Chief of Staff carries out day to day operations in service to the Federal faction. They carry the authority of the High King/High Queen but may only act in their service and not independently. Valaria will continue to share the Morlander account and will continue to support operations on the EU faction.

THE EU PLAN
The majority of KGBers have voted to stay on EU, and our new leadership team is going to move forward quickly. Recently, we have added 40 Siege Hammers, and have resources to build 10 of each cannon for combat operations. We plan to build our gold stock to allow sieging a hamlet if we desire.

Much of this depends on our membership totals, and activity. Over the next day we are going to gauge activity and schedule operations accordingly.

We are also looking for a new generation of leadership. If you are interested in leading, you should take the initiative, and organize PVP/PVE groups, and start moving forward.

I will be making another post with the results of our activity inquiry in the next 48 hours.

RECOGNITION OF DEPARTING LEADERS
I wanted to take the time to acknowledge the KGB leaders from EU that are departing for the NA server open faction. These officers have served with dedication and distinction.

(G4) General Dunlop Phaete
General Dunlop was the ranking military leader on the EU server since the completion of High Chancellor Derid's term. Dunlop is a strong PVP leader and is credited with starting the KGB Champion revitalization. General Dunlop is credited with leading many historic KGB battles such as the infamous cavalry charge just after the famous victory at the siege on Mar shral. Dunlop holds the rank of KGB Paladin and will be playing on the OPEN FACTION until server transfer.

It gives me great pleasure to grant Paladin Dunlop Phaete the KGB HIGH KING'S GOLDEN CROSS for exemplary service to KGB.

(G2) General Hare
General Hare brought balance to the EU leadership team. With combat logistics and communications as his strong point, he made sure our troops were stocked with the best enchanted weapons KGB had to offer. I have granted General Hare the title of Arch Duke as he departs for the NA server open faction until server transfer.

It gives me great pleasure to grant Arch Duke Hare the KGB HIGH KING'S GOLDEN CROSS for exemplary service to KGB.

(G2) General Donk Leaps
General "Donk" is a well known and well liked / respected battle commander. His skills to motivate are unmatched. General Donk has a reputation for winning, and will always be remembered for his actions against Afgan cannons in the now famous siege on Mar shral. I have granted General Donk the title of Arch Duke as he departs for the NA server open faction until server transfer.

It gives me great pleasure to grant Arch Duke Donk the KGB HIGH KING'S GOLDEN CROSS for exemplary service to KGB.

(G2) General Kay Rica
General Kay is new to KGB since Darkfall launch. Kay is a commanding PVPer and is credited for the resurgence of the KGB GSS. Kay's covert skills are legendary, and he personally was responsible for on of the greatest coups in Darkfall political history. I have granted General Kay the title of Arch Duke as he departs for the NA server open faction until server transfer.

It gives me great pleasure to grant Arch Duke Kay the KGB HIGH KING'S GOLDEN CROSS for exemplary service to KGB.

(G1) and former, G5 High Chancellor, General Derid Metari
Former KGB High Chancellor Derid is the father of KGB Darkfall. His relentless push for success in DFO over the years, and his key term as High Chancellor make him on of the most successful leaders in KGB History. He excels in both PVP and diplomatic prowess. A new generation of Knights came to power under his direction and wisdom. I have granted High Chancellor Derid the title of Grand Duke as he departs for the NA server open faction until server transfer. Derid will also retain his position in the KGB Senate.

It gives me great pleasure to grant Grand Duke Derid the KGB HIGH KING'S GOLDEN CROSS for exemplary service to KGB.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Hi,

I would like to present myself as a potential officer in whatever position you may find suitable. I haven't yet accomplished much in Darkfall, with regards to PVP, but my record of competence in Shadowbane (under Holroms rule) might give me credit, even if DFO is a very different game.

I was IC in KGB subs in SB, in many different Cities and I've never, to my knowledge, had any complaints about my conduct as most of the old SB Knights will attest.

Right now I would prefer a non-PVP position, as my skills in PVP in DFO is not yet good enough, compared with the leaving officers. That is however something I will most definately work on. In the absence of more competent PVP-officers, I will however try to lead defensive groups against raiders, to the best of my ability. This is one way, I plan to skill-up my PVP-leadership skills.

Being a european I will often be online at American off-hours and I think we could take advantage of this, even if Valaria and Jaguar among others have covered these off-times very well.

I hope you will consider me, as I do this to serve my fellow Knights, as well my own interrest (which in no way conflicts with KGB standing orders :-).

PM SENT TO YOU - JetStar

Last edited by JetStar; 07/14/09 01:10 PM.

Kind regards
AllYourBase AreBelongToUs / Borne OfFire

------------
Dude: "My thief BS for 800 dmg! Omfg, omfg, lawl, noobzorz"
AYB (drunk): "Do people take damage from being bullshitted? WTF???"
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
and the Provost Marshal, what about him and his role both on EU and on NA? Oh and Jet you might want to update the laws and policies concerning Paladins if your going to start electing them to office, allowing them into guild politics, and promoting them. In all honesty you've gone way farther then the current policies allow by the armed forces page, and have superseded regulations and not consulted the senate as far as I know on the matter, but then my knowledge of what is happening is very limited. While these individuals definitely deserve the merits, I feel they should have stepped down, transfered, or been reassigned to a new posting instead of carrying all these ranks and titles if they are not permitted by KGB service policies. I also feel, and this is not self motivated, that heaping acknowledgment of a select few and not giving enough other people credit for their hard work or a chance to prove themselves is not creating enough officers to effectively handle all operations. Having every issue boiled down to the same three people makes a bottleneck of leadership, and doesn't inspire anyone to do more, it just makes people do less because they are unsure of what can be done, or whether or not it should be done. I don't know just some thoughts, I'm not disagreeing with leadership, I am just seeking clarity, direction, and order in conjunction with policy.

Quote:
Paladins do not fall under Military rule for they are the spiritual branch of the KGB. Our Paladin brothers focus on one thing and one thing only, the art of War. Leaving their ranks and titles behind, they have sworn their lives to the art of combat. Creating a new order in the KGB, these men have been chosen to follow the path of the Paladin. They will not be distracted with Guild Politics. Combat is their religion, and new techniques and fighting evil will be their focus.

Quote:
KGB Paladin is not a leadership rank, it is a special order of Citizen that focuses on PVP combat

Quote:
The GSS will not carry standard military ranks and will report directly to the High King. Its leader will carry the title of Director. All KGB GSS operations are considered Classified.

Last edited by Drakiis; 07/14/09 08:08 AM.

I am Wrath, I am Steel, I am the Mercy of Angels.
mors est merces mea – death is my reward
morte in vitam non habet tenaci - Death has no grip on Life.
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
Congrats all.

*cough* GSS *cough*

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
I would love to start another Scouting group. Smallish, about 5-6 players. I do NOT need to be an officer to do this, just need an officers go ahead laugh And the go ahead to hand pick my crew

Former KGB Member
JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Originally Posted By: Drakiis
and the Provost Marshal, what about him and his role both on EU and on NA? Oh and Jet you might want to update the laws and policies concerning Paladins if your going to start electing them to office, allowing them into guild politics, and promoting them. In all honesty you've gone way farther then the current policies allow by the armed forces page, and have superseded regulations and not consulted the senate as far as I know on the matter, but then my knowledge of what is happening is very limited. While these individuals definitely deserve the merits, I feel they should have stepped down, transfered, or been reassigned to a new posting instead of carrying all these ranks and titles if they are not permitted by KGB service policies. I also feel, and this is not self motivated, that heaping acknowledgment of a select few and not giving enough other people credit for their hard work or a chance to prove themselves is not creating enough officers to effectively handle all operations. Having every issue boiled down to the same three people makes a bottleneck of leadership, and doesn't inspire anyone to do more, it just makes people do less because they are unsure of what can be done, or whether or not it should be done. I don't know just some thoughts, I'm not disagreeing with leadership, I am just seeking clarity, direction, and order in conjunction with policy.

Quote:
Paladins do not fall under Military rule for they are the spiritual branch of the KGB. Our Paladin brothers focus on one thing and one thing only, the art of War. Leaving their ranks and titles behind, they have sworn their lives to the art of combat. Creating a new order in the KGB, these men have been chosen to follow the path of the Paladin. They will not be distracted with Guild Politics. Combat is their religion, and new techniques and fighting evil will be their focus.

Quote:
KGB Paladin is not a leadership rank, it is a special order of Citizen that focuses on PVP combat

Quote:
The GSS will not carry standard military ranks and will report directly to the High King. Its leader will carry the title of Director. All KGB GSS operations are considered Classified.

I see several issues here. Let me try to address them all for you:

1) Provost Marshal and Marshals
Open factions do not have official positions, leaders. Provost Marshal is moot on NA for now. On EU, we do not currently own a city, and city defense is their primary role. Uth still holds the position, but with no city, I did not list him at this time.

2) Paladins
I am not sure what you are saying here. I do not promote or appoint Paladins. Dunlop is a long time Paladin, and has served KGB for many years. His first recorded leadership role was in Shadowbane. After leaving his leadership role, he automatically reverts back to Paladin. This historically has been the case. Many Paladins have served in leadership in the past, and given up their Paladinhood to heed the call to leadership. Romeo, Sharezar, Binbs, Syev, and many more have left the order to serve, and eventually returned. Paladins that serve a tour as officers, never wear their Paladin title.

3) Leadership in General
Leadership in KGB is a tough job. Just ask anyone that has served a term. Leaders show themselves by showing initiative, earning the respect of the membership. These folks inspire people to follow them. You cant force someone in to leadership, it just doesn't work. Several times a call has gone out to membership for leadership interest. Few respond. Those that do are almost always given a shot. We simply do the best we can with what we have.

4) Awards and Recognition
Generally I recognize outgoing leaders for service and sacrifice. When I personally witness someone doing something exemplary, I will also recognize them. The rest is up to you as a member, and the other leaders of KGB. The KGB AWARD REQUEST FORM is available from the Portal Page, in the links section on the lower right. Members are encouraged to nominate others for awards, but few do. The honor system is largely ignored. Perhaps I should update the documentation to more clearly explain this. In fact I will take on that duty.

5) GSS
Many KGBers served in the GSS for Darkfall. Kay helped get it rolling, and in the beginning, I considered him for Director of the GSS, but found that was not necessary. I determined he would fill a void in leadership, based on the shortage in that area. Actual agents, who are unnamed members of KGB, served and provided intelligence totally under the radar.

Help is needed
I designed the KGB system, and know first hand that it is based on both Citizen and Leader involvement. I think that leaders carry the responsibility for way to much these days. Here are some examples:

1) People log on and ask "Whats going on". If no one responds, then say "ok" and either leave or solo instead of taking charge and putting a group together and doing something meaningful. THIS IS HOW LEADERS ARE BORN.
2) People on the front line see another member do something amazing, but don't take the time to submit an award request.
3) People are running fraps, or have the ability to take a screen shot or a movie, to help promote the guild and to record our actions for future generations, but then never do.
4) Members largely fail to read the Oracle, vote on topics, and help to make decisions for the guild. For this system to be successful, we need everyone to be involved.

We need you to get involved, and to be passionate about KGB, just like I am. Put your guild first, and play games with your guildmates, because after all, it is playing with your friends, and being successful together that makes gaming interesting and rewarding.

In conclusion
I carefully weigh all my decisions against the rules, and consult the Senate on changes to the system at a federal level. Faction decisions are made by the faction government, and during this term, by me as Federal and Faction leader. Our current membership is a mix of a new generation of KGBer, as well as some select veterans. Overall much of our historic veteran base has been absent.
On a federal level, the absence of both Prime Ministers and much of the Senate, has left a great burden on my shoulders, as well as our current and former leaders. In short, I do the best I can with the tools I have. In this case, I think we did as well as we could, and I am still optimistic for the future of the guild, and the game of Darkfall.

Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member

Last edited by Zaru_ShareZAR; 07/14/09 10:59 AM.

- Former KGB Paladin
- Former KGB Prime Minister
- Former KGB Chief of Staff
JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Originally Posted By: Morg
I would love to start another Scouting group. Smallish, about 5-6 players. I do NOT need to be an officer to do this, just need an officers go ahead laugh And the go ahead to hand pick my crew

Morg, I encourage this, and this is exactly what I and out other leaders are looking for.

Please proceed.

Star Citizen Hanger:
JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
I just re-read Drakiis's post, and I see another item I need to clarify:

Originally Posted By: Drakiis
I feel they should have stepped down, transfered, or been reassigned to a new posting instead of carrying all these ranks and titles if they are not permitted by KGB service policies

I think you may have misunderstood what happened here. Outgoing leaders are outgoing from leadership. They chose to step down from leadership and play the "OPEN" NA faction. The title granted are for their performance, and are not leadership positions.

The only remaining DFO officers are Jaguar, Morlander, Valaria, and Uth (When he has a city to defend).

I just wanted to clear that up for everyone.

Star Citizen Hanger:
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
sounds good

I am Wrath, I am Steel, I am the Mercy of Angels.
mors est merces mea – death is my reward
morte in vitam non habet tenaci - Death has no grip on Life.
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  JetStar 

Link Copied to Clipboard