KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 6 guests, and 27 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Devan Omega
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
1,986,836 Trump card
1,323,918 Picture Thread
473,873 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
I interpreted it wring :P hehe
I kid, jokes are one thing.
Serious slur's are a different story.
You want to hear someone go off, just make a serious slur in mine or Grimmy's hearing. I don't give a shit who you are if you do. We will both tell you exactly what kind of low life you are.

And to be fair, quite a few people are on edge due to real life issues that have nothing to do with the game or the people playing the game. Which makes for easily offended feelings on all sides, I think we all need to keep that in mind.

Former KGB Member
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
I spoke to COTP leadership and asked them to address it. I got to hear about Nerdrage's last jerk off session, and that was a little much for my taste, especially that he says this in front of a new alliance that he should be making an impression to. I cant imagine what is in store when he gets "Comfortable".

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
The only thing I listened to them talk about, was how they screwed over there last alliance and how funny it was to stab them in the back.

Sounds like a RL alliance of super powers !!

/GAMEON

KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Thx1 Jet/Dunlop.

I forgot to mention, that everyone should speak out if they feel that the things being said in vent is too much.

Tell them: "Guys! Tone the bad language down a bit, there might be someone here, that will be offended by that!". They can then let everyone know (hopefully) that no offence was intended and that it's just crap talk.

Back when Holrom was the leader of the SB faction, he very often asked people not to curse, since he believed that to be a bad thing. IMHO people respected that, because he asked politely. And when Holrom wasn't in vent we would swear like whores.

PS: And to make it crystal clear. I'm not easily offended! I haven't heard anything that really offends me, but I believe I, as well as everyone else, should respect those that do. At least to some degree. I will however speak out against bad language, if I feel that it might offend others, even if it doesn't offend me.

Last edited by AllYourBase; 07/10/09 01:34 AM.

Kind regards
AllYourBase AreBelongToUs / Borne OfFire

------------
Dude: "My thief BS for 800 dmg! Omfg, omfg, lawl, noobzorz"
AYB (drunk): "Do people take damage from being bullshitted? WTF???"
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
stfu Base =)

I am Wrath, I am Steel, I am the Mercy of Angels.
mors est merces mea – death is my reward
morte in vitam non habet tenaci - Death has no grip on Life.
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]
Kay Offline
KGB Alumni
KGB Alumni
While probably absolutely nothing said could bother me, the only request I would have is that people keep that shit out of the main channel.

I often times go to another channel just to avoid the clutter, and people who want to talk like Pirate should do so as well.

In Hoc Signo Vinces
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
While I am not easily offended unless I am personally directly attacked (and maybe not even than) I hardly think it is fair to suggest the collective intelligence dropped because another group is in vent. Consider many of the conversations prior to them arriving about gay ass sex, cartoons, just plain silliness, and lord help us if a female finds it necessary to mention she is in the state of undress or has a boob or two, it would take a leap for us to take the intellectual high ground here.

Vent is a necessary and invaluable tactical tool but I would guess less than 5% of vent traffic has anything to do with tactics. While not offended I often don’t like to hear the babble of continues chatter and go to the afk channel as it makes no sense for me to listen to chatter when I want to hear the sounds around me in game, listening to other things while I play, or just not want to listen to others conversations especially if I am not in the city and I know I can not get help anyway.

I actually would like to see additional channels, one a quiet channel where we could go if available but we don’t want to listen to constant chatter of the main channels but don’t mind responding when necessary. Somebody could just drop down and mention they need help. The second social channel a vent equivalent to the Back Room forum, where you can chat and joke about gay ass sex, a 4 hour conversation about boobs, whatever.

As far as offending people here, we should treat each other with respect and not insult each other, but I don’t want thought police (who may be a child) deciding what is appropriate for me to say especially if it is about a third party. What if I am offended by interaction of unclean women, a women leaving the city unaccompanied by a man? What rule set are we going to enforce? If anyone Green KOS's me because they don’t like what I say or any reason out of anger they better hope I can never kill them under any circumstance because they will be my first target in every battle or any time I see their health low, afk, etc. from that point on.

Frankly I am more concerned about problems like getting dry looted by Green, that is what piss's me off.

KGB Knight
KGB Knight
I'm not easily offended and I'm definitely not going to support censorship any kind. Honestly, I feel that if you don't like what someone has to say then leave the channel. I don't feel like we have any right to force Harm or any other guild to act or talk a certain way in a ventrilo server that isn't ours.

I think there is way too much mindless babble in vent and that is the main reason people don't see me in vent more often. I use it only for PvP or when I want to get notified of attacks on Tiquiya when I'm crafting so I have time to bank and get ready for a fight. I agree with Ismash, I'd like to have a quiet channel or a backroom channel for people to hang out and offend each other.

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
they are just a different guild, i was listening to them this morning and every other word was "fuck", kind of entertaining really, and fun for a change, they tend to keep to their own channel so no big deal, at least they are in vent where we can coordinate with them

lets use these allies and get our own city !

G
Grimmy Offline OP
Band 3
OP Offline
Band 3
G
After thinking about who they really remind me of, Aweful Company came to mind...Yep, another winner of a guild that we have allied with.

They should merg, its a match made in heaven, or somewhere else, heh...

Cheers
Grim

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard