Visit www.the-kgb.com
For additional information

Join KGB DISCORD: http://discord.gg/KGB

KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
1 members (Donkleaps), 56 guests, and 16 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,033,906 Trump card
1,342,130 Picture Thread
480,171 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
I find this announcement totally off the mark. As perhaps the only true consistent SB player left that has been a dedicated member of KGB for many years a few things need to be pointed out from my perspective:

1) RPK as defined in UO does not apply to SB at all. This is a game that encourages warfare and as the game design was implemented strongly enforces the KOS policy in that an r2 stealther can just as easily make off with your vorgrim dropper or commander disc as a full group in fact there has been many a time where an r2 priest or vamp with strigoi summons spell shows up on track and chains in several r7 channelers etc.. basically there is no guaranteed way to decide if someome means well or not.. thers no crafters etc.. people are either leveling searching for loot or trying to kill you. With that in mind the best defense is offense KOS or be KOS'd I agree TRASH TALK IS UNACCEPTABLE and have dealt with many of these conditions severely.

2) The present state of affairs of the guild have to do directly with the leadership that has abandoned its players. Holrom and Represent know they are both guilty of failing to procure a new leader and letting the guild and its assets lie in limbo without a leader for several weeks. With this in mind many people felt dejected, angry, betrayed and most quit or moved to other games. The few that were strong enough to stand by me as I tried to pick up the broken peices are basically the the hard core that can put up with the most bullshit (pardon my language) but Holrom and Represent really screwed everyone over and should have been handed a court date. Their lack of integrity, selfishness and loss of honor far outweigh anything you may have witnessed in your brief and transitory time on the server. Which brings me to my next point.

3) Its a huge slap in the face for those of us who have stood by the commandments and are trying to rebuild to have the High King who has logged probably less than 10 minutes of total actual playing time in the past year ( i mean at the keyboard participating etc) to log on for 5 minutes and see one thing and make such a defamatory post. Your evidence is lacking in the extreme and makes those of us that are left after 2 leaders that have abandoned us feel the sting even more. If you wish to thouroughly evaluate the current faction I suggest you log on daily for a few weeks for several hours then make these types of post. Its really discouraging for me to even try to rebuild now. We are part of a nation now that has perhaps the best reputation on the server. Part of the problem is that we are playing a game where there are only a few people our age (35+) most of the current roster and player base is 15-21 and I agree totally with having honor etc.. but these are kids and yes they can be taught etc but it takes time and we are working on it.. for which you give us no credit. In addition, are you sure that what you read was a Hawks nation member or a KGB Verbatim player? I enforce our commandments very severely and would like to know whom you saw breaking these commandments so I may deal with this.

4) You've appointed Elph to oversee new recruits in a game that she does not play. How can she evaluate screen shots from the standpoint of the political spectrum of SB? She has no knowledge of the hostile / friendly political structure that exist on mourning. It might be better to have this position be granted to an active member of the SB community such as myself or ruski now that he is back.. This is in no way a slap to Elph who I adore.. its a reality check in that it highlights the political importance of being involved with the game for which you will approve new members.. at least thats how I see it.

5) if any portion of this post seems antagonistic or innappropriate i apologize. I have been working week after week to stem the loss of players and to recruit new talent as well as get old talent back.. Its very disheartening after never having received any recognition for my work over the past several years with this guild to log in and read this rubbish. Yes i repear rubbish. Please play the game consistently before you make those post its just not fair. I am sorry you feel this way but you havent mentioned any of the wonderful things that our people have done the past several months and i assure you that list is long and filled with integrity. I hope that you can return to SB and help make it a better gaming community fashioned in the vision you have for it. I could sure use the help. In the meantime, if you can not be a consistent part of the KGB community on SB please have faith in us old timers that we are doing our best in keeping your dream alive.. probably far longer than we should have in light of such a lack of appreciation.

yours truly Uber

Nation leader of the mourning KGB faction.

Sensei Nidan Grade
Shukokai Karatedo
Chief Instructor of Montclair, NJ Shukokai Karatedo (As a sensei of martial arts i share your vision jet please trust that)

KGB Knight Inactive
KGB Knight Inactive
I think Uber said all that could be said. We are doing our best to keep the name KGB at the top of all eyes and i feel that it still is the Guild to beat, but you cant treat each game the same way. There should be rules for each game and for someone to give new recruits access that dosnet play the game that often is crazy. You cant manage a place if you never get your hands dirty. Nice post uber.

Band 3
Band 3
Uber you said everything that i would have said if i had been able to think of it hehe. Nice post glad to have you back from Vaca too. Hopefully wife aggro isnt too bad this week.

E
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
E
Quote:

Does this mean I need to fill out an application ? I was one of the guys, who got in during early SB. There should be quite a few of the old school KGB ppl, that know me as a "goodguy"... at least I hope you guys remember me :-).

Let me know what I have to do ... I am KGB and hope to continue being KGB. I will do what is asked of me out of respect for my elders.

- AllYourBase

no this doesn't mean you have to, you've been around long enough we all know you are a crusty KGB

Last edited by Elph; 03/07/06 11:42 AM.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
E
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
E
uber i am gonna be honest i just had time to skim your post it's almost nap time.

Jet didn't appoint me to forsee new recruits, he appointmented me to keep the application process in order for you guys on Shadowbane, you will settle how you get new recruits accepted but the main thing is they need to fill out the application. That is what i will ensure gets done, basically by doing waht i have been doing, answering posts to access and double checking with Coleria on what to do with the people, then I will be posting the applications in the Sb private forums for ya'll to vote on them or however you deem membership..The only rules i will enforce will be stricly as far as admin, like the application must be complete in total contain a sponsro who is already a full member of KGB..

Jet isn't saying that everyone who has been with KGB in the past from Ruski and Holrom's time where they didn't do the traditional application system is going to have to reapply or those that are coming to KGB SB that are currently KGB members have to fill out a returning veteran application, this is for those that are newly coming to join ya'll on mourning. I am not sure if you understood that so i just wanted to point that out.

You and Coleria or Zhou or whoever just need to tell me how you plan to do the acceptance process for your newbies from the application once it's posted and I will enforce those rules for you guys assuring the application has enough votes etc to allow for your SB membership

So again to sum it up I am in no way to oversee your new recruits i am here to just ensure the application gets posted in your forums and gets officially stamped as an accepted member or a not accepted member.

That is the role that I have always had in KGB's application process.

As far as recruiting and what not in game and enforcing KGB laws in game and what not with new folks that is not on my shoulders.

If you have any questions feel free to ask me!

E
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
E
ok uber i read all of your post now!! I am sure jet will get back and respond to you on that stuff.

And I hope that my above post made sense to you

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Elph as always i respect and treasure you. Thank you for responding. I am glad to have your help in any fashion or form. I currently am not recruiting on SB as our combined Hawks nation has enough pvpers at the moment. And we are getting a steady stream of regulars back. Hopefully you can stop in some time!

E
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
E
That is good to hear uber!! It is good to see KGB Sb with such a great set of guys

Band 3
Band 3
When did all your base make that post? I need him to give mme that warlock macro again haha get your butt in game allyourbase!

E
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
E
lol coleria

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  JetStar 

Link Copied to Clipboard