KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 26 guests, and 17 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,019,620 Trump card
1,339,131 Picture Thread
477,934 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#48167 06/11/09 02:38 PM
Banshee Offline OP
KGB Knight
OP Offline
KGB Knight
Now that we have had an interesting few days I was wondering if we might reconsider our NA plan for a city.

Seems a nice island city someplace we can horde resources and get strong (or others weaken) before we enter the fray might be a good idea?

Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

That doesnt really work. LoD/DA only got their island becaue they made a pact with CC early. It might seem like forever ago now, but the ice island had its share of zerg wars. Caird is the only island that hasnt had a major push/war/etc, and thats just because the towns are so ahrd to siege, and the closest folk (us) got totally preoccupied with Hyperion.

History on NA1 wont necesarrily repeat itself, Islands arent necesarrily better, if the type of cash is available nearby to really get ahead of the pack, there will be other people fighting for it.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
Derid #48186 06/11/09 08:09 PM
KGB Champion - Taco Salad
KGB Champion - Taco Salad
I'm not sure Banshee meant an island continent. There are some decent cities on smaller islands, kind of removed from "the fray."

I think that our current CotP/Bots alliance, should they wish to come to NA, need to do what we're doing now and take one city and hold it together. The city, in my mind, should be inaccessible and defensible. Nearby spawns are important, but not getting sieged because we are a target of opportunity is even more important.

In my mind, cities are a means to an end. That is, build our characters, build our banks, get lots of arms to use on the battlefield. This game is fun because of PvP, not spending weeks to build some useless barracks.

I predict Cairn and DA (assuming there are some in DA that can pvp as well as Cairn) are going to own EU1 for a long, long time because they have successfully done this on a large scale. Even if they lose all their holdings today, they will be a serious force for months due to their stash. We just need to do this for our small alliance.

[Linked Image]
rhaikh #48193 06/11/09 11:32 PM
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
I agree with TAco, that the main reason to have a city, is to have a base of operations, near valuable resources, like mob spawns (for farming and skill-up) and also resource node. Our main focus should be on character development, since that is what wins a war.

Kind regards
AllYourBase AreBelongToUs / Borne OfFire

------------
Dude: "My thief BS for 800 dmg! Omfg, omfg, lawl, noobzorz"
AYB (drunk): "Do people take damage from being bullshitted? WTF???"
KGB Paladin
KGB Paladin
history of DF no doubt will repeat itself... mark my word... same fuck ups will re-occur...

We need to stay out of the middle and build up on the side lines... Cairn had it right... and so did Death... they just needed to use politics to make it happen... we can do that too

Leader: KGB Korea
Paladin of the Knights of Glory and Beer!
Former KGB RIFT BC Faction
Former Supreme Court Justice
Former Provost Marshal
Former GSS Agent
Former Knight Captain
Former Champion
Thomas #48202 06/12/09 04:58 AM
KGB Knight
Email address needs updating
KGB Knight
Email address needs updating
As I have said in the past, "no pu&&y island in carebear lands"

Bring it

Leeboi #48210 06/12/09 05:56 AM
Band 7
Band 7
I agree.

However, there is a fineline between building stashes and carebearing it up. If we are TOO removed form the fray, we may become soft and our PVPers will become fat and lazy.

We need a spot that has exceptional spawns, defensible, and isn't a far run to get some good PVP.

Former KGB Member
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
So, this is a little off topic, but are we going to strive to all be the same race again, or now that we know a little more of the mechanics are we going to allow folks to do what they want to do?

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]
Kaotic #48241 06/12/09 12:22 PM
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
I am moving towards an alliance move to Cairn at this time. Again, much to be discussed, and detials to be worked out. I will make an official thread to get all of your opinions, then as I always do, will take the option that I feel is best for KGB.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter

Link Copied to Clipboard