KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 50 guests, and 8 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Binbs
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,029,881 Trump card
1,340,077 Picture Thread
478,435 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#46781 05/29/09 04:29 PM
Drakiis Offline OP
KGB Supreme Knight
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
So, it's painfully obvious, I suck. Something I've been working very hard not to do by, listening to advice, learning the little tricks, trying to skill up on the blood wall, and by harvesting mats for skill gain, and quite frequently going out and losing a whole slew of gear just to realize my own stupidity, and then trying not to do it again but evidently failing to accomplish that mission.

However you slice it I have not been good enough to see results, oh but wait! Maybe that is because I have been playing out of my element, you think? Well that's the conclusion that's been smacking me in the face a lot lately. Donk might say that, you have to play outside of your comfort zone, however I have done far better playing inside this mindset in DF more often then I have outside of it.

There has been talk of a need for Scouts/Patrols, and this has been where I have tried to invest my time doing, and the results seem to point to it's effectiveness. While from time to time, someone may get hit near Andruk, it seems to happen less frequently when there are a dedicated unit on patrol, or watching.

To use Uths words "Looking bad ass scares people", I may not be the greatest fighter but I assure you I've ridden off 1-3 individual pks many times, and those few who stay die the minute the whole team arrives. I gear up heavy and ride patrol to accomplish this because if the harvesters are safer, then the guild becomes richer through donation, and our zap tower will get built sooner (hopefully). It dissuades people when they see 3-6 fully armored patrolling the outside of Andruk, and those who are not dissuaded either die, or make full seige on andruk.

When there isn't a patrol I set out with groups and perform overwatch, boring yes and no, depending on activity, but most times it's a surprise to a enemy after counting four in a group farming some mob to suddenly have three scouts crash the party and add to the four KGB they're already facing. I see a real benefit to all of this, it's been noticed a few times, and while I am not the greatest fighter it is my hope that it helps our gold/farming groups for the guild and so that as they skill up they can acomplish more.

I have been told by a few people, that this behavior will not be productive for me personally, and that no one else is going to want to sit in a tree, ride around all day, and watch others gain skill, gear, and gold. However, when you view it from the community perspective this service is less about me and more about we, and whatever little bit I can contribute toward that I will, especially if it means others benefit and progress and I do not.

Fun for me will always be the success of KGB, and the knowledge that one day those I watch over will be strong enough to watch over me.

I am Wrath, I am Steel, I am the Mercy of Angels.
mors est merces mea – death is my reward
morte in vitam non habet tenaci - Death has no grip on Life.
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]
Drakiis #46783 05/29/09 04:41 PM
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
We all knew you sucked...

Jetstar gives you 4.5 out of 5 stars.

That is my niche as well Drakiis. Scouting and playing ambush hit and run tactics to counteract any PK roll attempt. I am as well a pretty good shot now with every single city cannon tower.

I know how much deflection I need to hit 90% of the spots those shit birds like to hide behind terrain. For one of the few times in a MMO, I get to actually use the years I spent as a gun bunny in the Artillery to my benefit.

What we really need to develop into our scouts is the ability to call fire direction control and be able to quickly relay directions to either groups of people or the cannon shot.

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
Tasorin #46824 05/30/09 12:21 AM
Drakiis Offline OP
KGB Supreme Knight
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
thanks pole smoker...

Seriously though, I have gotten hits and oh so precious few kills in, but most times I try and bait them into those who can fight.

I've become quite good at being a Valet, fetching peoples rides, and spawning them out for group members. Not exactly the most exciting job during a chase but ultimately just as important.

Drakiis #46826 05/30/09 03:22 AM
Uth Offline
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
Definetly as important, I came across 4 dreadlords just recently while they were chasing a guy, none them took the second to despawn or guard mounts, 4 new mounts for me and mounted run back home with angry tells laugh

Uth #46827 05/30/09 04:11 AM
S
Band 3
Band 3
S
Originally Posted By: Uth
Definetly as important, I came across 4 dreadlords just recently while they were chasing a guy, none them took the second to despawn or guard mounts, 4 new mounts for me and mounted run back home with angry tells laugh

You ARE the fucking man.

come on board for the big win

Inside every Hyperion is a KGB waiting to get out, we are here to help the wesux to get out
Swing #46830 05/30/09 04:28 AM
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
Oracle Admininstrator
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
Oracle Admininstrator
heheh Uth that is great!

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
[Linked Image]
Valaria #46833 05/30/09 06:41 AM
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Freaking awesome

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
JetStar #46997 06/01/09 07:03 AM
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Drakiis and Uth are doing an excellent work, driving off random hostiles out of Andruk's vicinity. From 3 weeks to now, I think the region around Andruk is more safer. Of course there are the Rainbown ninja guys around here, but even they think twice before came to Andruk.

Thank you Drakiis!

Animal Ethics: "I tremble for my species when I reflect that god is just." Thomas Jefferson.
[Linked Image from the-kgb.com]
Mithus #47010 06/01/09 09:29 AM
Drakiis Offline OP
KGB Supreme Knight
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
Thanks Mithus, I too have noticed your contribution to this effort, it's a shame that some of this is taken for granted sometimes.

Drakiis #47026 06/01/09 10:15 AM
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
Originally Posted By: Drakiis
Thanks Mithus, I too have noticed your contribution to this effort, it's a shame that some of this is taken for granted sometimes.

Great work often goes unnoticed by the masses. That doesn't redact the necessity of the work despite the fact that it goes mostly unnoticed.

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard