KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 27 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,016,951 Trump card
1,338,810 Picture Thread
477,749 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Daye Offline OP
KGB Supreme Knight
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
Yep, it's true. It seems that UBISOFT is finally pulling the plug on Shadowbane. Had some of the best times in KGB in that game so I'm sad to see it go. If they would let the software go into open source that would be amazing laugh Odds of that are astronomical, but it's a thought. . .

The official verbage:

We come to you now with regret and sadness, but also happiness and pride. Regret and sadness that it has finally come to this and as of May 1, 2009 the Shadowbane servers will be powered down once and for all. Yet happiness that it lasted so very long, and pride to be able to stand before such a passionate community to thank you for your undying support and unwavering loyalty to Shadowbane.

Memories of Ages past and present will always remain in the hearts of those who fought for land and title, power and greed, and above all, the sword known as Shadowbane. Tales of epic proportions will be remembered and told for years to come. Allow me to remember the tales past with you one final time.

The Children of Aerynth formed communities, better known as Guilds, to achieve their common goals. These very Guilds built cities beginning with an acorn harvested from the World Tree. The World Tree’s acorns sprouted into stone trees, the Tree of Life, which served as the focal point to all cities within Aerynth. The Tree of Life was most important to these communities as they allowed for a sort of immortality to the spirits of the dead as they were linked to the Tree by powerful magic from which even the Wise couldn’t explain. From these cities raised Empires and Alliances but also brought the strife of war. Many wars would erupt among rival Empires creating fear and chaos across the fragments. Empires sought out the power of the One Sword to either bring Order to the world or to let Chaos reign freely. Humans, Minotaurs, Irekei, Northmen, Dwarves, Centaur Lords, and many other races filled the ranks of these Empires on the battlefields known as Aerynth, Dalgoth, and Vorringia over the Ages. In the distance, you could hear the roars of the fired buildings as they crumbled and collapsed into ashes and rubble, the consistent rhythm of the drums of war as Empire’s marched, and the sounds of gears and pulleys as Siege Engines fire upon resilient and towering walls as the many Empires engaged in battles across the continents vying for power and dominion. Alliances were formed to achieve common goals among various Nations only to be met with strife from within tearing the Alliance apart and pitting Nations against each other once again. Each war created new opportunity to rebuild old Empires once lost and rekindle old friendships or rivalries. New Ages began but the cycle remained the same. The search for the Sword known as Shadowbane continued on.

Epic sieges outside the city gates, Events giving the individual player or entire nations the choice to side with Order or Chaos, and politicking in the political arena to posture for an advantage using the power of the pen instead of the might of the sword are just the beginning of countless memories that we can remember and keep with us for years to come. Adventures through the many Ages have lasted over 6 years for some, while other’s adventures were still a new experience. No matter if you were a seasoned veteran or a fledgling still learning the ropes you poured yourselves into your quests to find Shadowbane. Unfortunately, the Sword has slipped into the Void never to be found again.

Many passionate and creative individuals have poured their hearts and souls into developing and hosting Shadowbane. We want to thank each and every one of you for your tremendous work and valiant efforts throughout Shadowbane’s lifetime.

Remember, Play to Crush!

KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Ah what a sad day! Despite all the bugs and lag Shadowbane had throughout it's time they really had some great concepts. The skill system was one of the best imo for all of the diversity it provided for each class. And not to mention the banes...

-[KGB]- Garal TheGreat

[Linked Image from img.photobucket.com]
Z
Ex-AC
Ex-AC
Z
I remember fighting KGB in Shadowbane, on Vengeance. Good times...

It's really outlived its time, but sad to see it go. frown

Band 7
Band 7
Was definitely a lot of fun. I can't count the number of girlfriends I lost to the game.

Former KGB Member
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Let me guess.. zero?

-[KGB]- Garal TheGreat

[Linked Image from img.photobucket.com]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
he lost the girlfriends but not the kids...

I am Wrath, I am Steel, I am the Mercy of Angels.
mors est merces mea – death is my reward
morte in vitam non habet tenaci - Death has no grip on Life.
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Let Shadowbane finally be put to rest, and so slay the phoenix that keeps resurrecting the shadowbane threads on KGB forums.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
G
Band 4
Band 4
G
IT LIVES !!! http://shadowbaneemulator.com

Like a Phoenix rising from the ashes (Ashen Temper ?) of its own inevitable demise..To once again take its place in the glorious heavens of online gaming !!

Ohh wonders of wonders !!

YAY !!

Arch Duke
Arch Duke
In memory of Shadowbane, KGB should always "Play To Crush".

Many well fought and well played hours we shall all remember our days in the age of strife that was Shadowbane.

I was introduced to the Knighs of Glory and Beer in SB.

Is Holrom on?

Aracoix Huntress FTW!

KGB Knight
KGB Knight
I too first ran with KGB in SB. It was a bitchin game for it's time. First ever empire builder, AFAIK. I liked the fealty system and shield indicators the best.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard