KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 25 guests, and 13 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Bandit, hydr
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,032,671 Trump card
1,341,933 Picture Thread
479,472 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#40717 03/14/09 01:57 PM
rhaikh Offline OP
KGB Champion - Taco Salad
OP Offline
My opinion..

This video is totally inconclusive at best. If it were actual proof I assume you would have submitted it to the GMs to get the guy banned instead of making this video at all. To me it is trash talking, especially with the huge KGB banners in the beginning.

It would have been better if it had said "naked bindstone ganking," but throwing out accusations like this isn't going to help anything. Even the video with us killing macroers isn't really impressive to anyone outside the guild.

Last edited by rhaikh; 03/14/09 01:58 PM.

[Linked Image]
rhaikh #40719 03/14/09 02:16 PM
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

I tend to agree, the macro killing/flying was humorous though and served to get under their skin whether they admit as such publically or not.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
Derid #40720 03/14/09 02:18 PM
Band 6
Band 6
Oh, it's getting under their skin for sure. THey mention us on the DFO forums a lot, lawls.

Former KGB Member
Syloc #40728 03/14/09 04:03 PM
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
The idea was, "YOU MAKE THE CALL". KGB does not officially accuse them of it, we ask each of you to judge for yourself.

Thee is a big difference.

Here is the response in PM from Frank Sinatra:
Originally Posted By: FrankSinatra
Ok nice to hear from you, and that we can have some conversations behind all the "we wtfpwn you".

While its fine and healthy for a game to have the bragging part, it is allways more beneficial to be able to talk outside on a leadership level about bigger issues.

The thing with speedhacking is that i am majorly against 3d party exloits/hacks , while i have no problem against abusing ingame stuff. A fine line i know but it has to be drawn somewhere.

Im a bit touchy to the subject of speedhacking because last week i actually suspected 2 of our members of using it and while i dont really think so anymore i made a very clear statement internally about it.

The reason it was funny with ado is that he is the oldest member in Sun and by far the most "honorable" member. He is past 40, and he comes from a anti pk guild we fought in uo - and that man simply wouldnt either know how to, or ever consider using a hack smile.

As a guild we have no problems with you guys coming and killing our macroers, in fact its part of the game and leads to more immersion from the players. We do however have problems which in my oppinion is extremely unfair.
As you know We have a very defendable town, with elevator as the only way up.
But the last week, we have been consistently been the target of teleporters, who teleport in and kill macroers/gatherers withough ever goin up the elevator. The times we have called a gm, he has come and kick/ban warned our people in town and done nothing about the teleporters.

And that is insanely annoying.

Anyways, thanks for responding.

/Frank

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
JetStar #40731 03/14/09 04:53 PM
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
hahah Jet you are back in your element! If anyone is bored awaiting for queue times go back and read all the old Oracle posts to see what I am talking about.

Go get'm Jet!

What makes a man turn neutral? Lust for gold? Power? Or were you just born with a heart full of neutrality?
Arginal #40736 03/14/09 06:12 PM
KGB Paladin
KGB Paladin
You know the more I hear "Frank" the more I start to like him... He reminds me of an early "Jetstar" in a lot of ways. His letters are very polite and you get a good picture of who he is as a guild leader. What his concerns are and what he is ok with... that is rare for a leader to come out and say.

I hate to say it but I have a little more respect for him now, and I personally would take down the speed hax video at this point. Just my opinion.. wink

Leader: KGB Korea
Paladin of the Knights of Glory and Beer!
Former KGB RIFT BC Faction
Former Supreme Court Justice
Former Provost Marshal
Former GSS Agent
Former Knight Captain
Former Champion
Thomas #40773 03/15/09 04:07 AM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Bah it's all in good fun and if he's as mature as his pm to jet indicates then he should know damn well nobodies calling the fun police on his crew, the purpose for a video like that is as psychological warfare.

I am Wrath, I am Steel, I am the Mercy of Angels.
mors est merces mea – death is my reward
morte in vitam non habet tenaci - Death has no grip on Life.
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]
Drakiis #40794 03/15/09 10:26 AM
KGB Crown Princess
KGB Crown Princess
So if they say they are so noble and kick their hacker/exploiters how come they are the #1 abuser of the acid pool bit?

Murderherd or whatever they are called rolled over about 20 of them in a dungeon in the pool of acid that people are sitting in getting their rigor to 100 in less that 2 hours.

Sometimes in the winds of change we find our true direction.
Arginal #40797 03/15/09 11:18 AM
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Originally Posted By: Arginal
hahah Jet you are back in your element! If anyone is bored awaiting for queue times go back and read all the old Oracle posts to see what I am talking about.

Go get'm Jet!

Our enemies should be careful what they say, because I never forget. I have been training my whole adult life for just this opportunity.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
JetStar #40810 03/15/09 02:07 PM
rhaikh Offline OP
OP Offline
The way it is phrased and presented is suggestively saying that we hold that opinion, which I personally do not.

I guess what I want to see are true battle videos where we show our skill, rather than making dubious claims about cheating that they believe to be false, or pointing out "bad" behavior like macroing that we blatantly do ourselves. It would do far more to their morale to have everyone see them fairly beaten in combat by us.

off topic: Acid pool is not any more of an exploit than macroing mana missile at a wall, or letting yourself get beat on by mobs. Both of those activities raise rigor as well. They are not getting rigor to 100 in 2 hours unless, possibly, the character has no other skills. You have to heal up to get hurt enough to gain rigor, it takes time.

[Linked Image]
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard