This FAQ is to address some things I get and see asked a lot, this FAQ will be updated. I will be locking this FAQ, and creating a seperate discussion thread, where people can discuss the FAQ, the answers in the FAQ, or ask questions they would like to see in the FAQ. So when you see the lock, dont think its not open to discussion, just go find the FAQ discussion thread.

----------------------------------------------------

Q: What race(s) will KGB be going at launch?

A: Undecided, but right now leaning to either Human or Alfar. Elves suck, and I personally have no desire to play a midget, greenskin or furbie.

Q: So are all KGB going to be required to go as the "selected race" at launch?

A: Yes. Yes, and Yes. Unless something changes with the info available, we are not going to want to be spread out across the map at launch. We are going to have to group together to fight for our grinding areas, fight for our non-NPC town bindpoints, fight for our spell reagents, fight to complete our quests, and throw in another instance of "fight" for good measure.

If you think you are fucking special, and instead of working with the guild to secure our assets, home and status, opt to do whatever you feel like doing- then here is a link you might need Link

Q: Is KGB going to have allies going into the game?

A: Maybe. UDA has expressed interest, and I am cool with buddying up with them as things stand. Details have yet to be worked out, but part of that is due to not knowing enough about the game to make anything specific. So assume that UDA at least will be friendly. Other guilds have started talking, but nothing in the works thus far.

The state of the game will mean a lot, I would rather not sign on to a large scale multi-guild nation deal unless I am certain it will work out for the fun of the guild. I am monitoring the game and the politics as best I can, to determine what paths will be best. Previously a lot of KGB expressed a desire to avoid large entanglements if possible, and I concur.

Q: So if we dont have alliances, will we have friends/KoS lists?

A: Yes on friends list, no on KoS list. Though I do not encourage asshattery or "griefing"- peoples and guilds not on the friends list are enemies by default. DFO is a pvp game, being played by people who want to kick your ass and take your stuff, and/or own your land. That being said, use your head. If you learn a guild/group/peoples are honorable folk and not in contention with our goals, dont be a dick. Politics and friends will matter, if people are cool get to know them. If they are large and cool, possibly we can make friends, if they are small and cool maybe we can absorb or sub them. The number one rule is to use your head.

Q: But how big will the friends list be? I dont want to have to tab out, or consult some tome to see if I can attack people.

A: Right now the friends list has one official entry... UDA. Although I think having 4~6 might be possible by launch, we will see. If someone cannot memorize a handfull of guild tags, see link above for people who dont want to play with the guild at launch.

Q: I see a lot of different titles on people, and ranks, and even though the guild constitution and stuff more or less outlines how it all works - but in some guilds I have played with, the reality worked differently than what they had on paper.. is that true for KGB? Is it a good ole boy system?

A: No, it is not a good ole boy system. KGB has many different ranks and titles. Some of which do denote responsibilities, but many of those denoting responsibilities have nothing to do with in-game leadership. Without going to quote a wall of text, let me sum it up:

The *entire* roster of people with command authority is those people who names are listed on the official officer list, plus JetStar as overall GM of the guild. Anyone else has accessory titles, earned through service to the guild over the years and awarded cool titles as a token of recognition and respect, or a rank that denotes activities not directly relating to happenings in-game.

The people you need to be listening to are the ones listed as officers, and Jetstar.. who will typically have rank listed in vent name.

Q: Will Ventrillo use be mandatory?

A: Conditional yes. I understand some people cannot use vent, or use it often for various RL reasons. But, if you are not using it for group pvp, why not? Vent use is highly encouraged for pvp, and may become defacto mandatory in the future. If you do not have a headset/earpiece/etc, go buy one!

Q: So, is any of this subject to change?

A: Yes, anything is always subject to change. Things get re-thought, new info becomes available, etc... so watch the posted date in title for changes.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)