KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 71 guests, and 9 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,095
Posts116,356
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,035,847 Trump card
1,342,423 Picture Thread
480,663 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#35618 12/27/08 10:59 PM
JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
I am going to send out another General call to arms to all members on 1/5/2009. I would ask that you contact any fringe members and let them know we are going for full participation on the 1/22/2009 launch.

I am also going to start some informal VENT meetings on Fridays starting 1/9 to launch. All are welcome to come and discuss ideas and plans.

I plan to start to meet with DFO leadership also to begin organizing and getting ready.

This is the big one folks! Lets all hope for the best.

You can help be rounding up any of your gaming friends, getting them in and involved.

To be honest, even if we have a 80 to 100 member start, we are not going to be able to compete with some of the larger alliances that have been forming. We are going to be more like a fringe guerilla group at first, and will do the best we can to bolster our numbers and build a home.

The European launch will be a sandbox for us until the North American servers launch. At that time, we will all move to a single server, and hopefully have a great head start.

Your thoughts and ideas are welcome.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
My thoughts on our beginning in Darkfall reminds me very much of how the KGB began on Siege Perilous, outnumbered and out gunned. That is an important period in KGB history that should serve as our example. If we can do as well in Darkfall as we did on Siege Perilous, we will be doing very well, indeed. It won't happen over night, but if we persevere, it will happen.

To the everlasting glory of the infantry...

Owain ab Arawn
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Many of our enemies will be fighting each other as well as us. In fact, it couldn't hurt to incite issues between one enemy and another and then mop the floor with them while they're diverted.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Quote:

Many of our enemies will be fighting each other as well as us. In fact, it couldn't hurt to incite issues between one enemy and another and then mop the floor with them while they're diverted.

Some GSS stuff :-)

Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
Band 5
Band 5
We have enemies? Identified, will be coming to DFO, want to ownz some KGB enemies?

Band 6
Band 6
With the lack of a sustained beta, I'm of the mind that this will be a different kind of release. Then again, if players are treating the EU release as a "beta" type atmopshere, this may prove to our advantage. I've always felt, especially in PVP MMOS, that beta and inital release have, most of the time, dictated the stronger alliances and powers. We can use the EU release to identify friends and what not, at the very least, see who's up and coming and who to watch out for.

In any case, like in the recent MMORPG release, the majority of guilds that we see in release won't be around months later, especially in a no holds bar atmosphere in DF, with full loot. I wouldn't be surprised that, 3 months into the game, half the guilds we see out there will have already disbanded.

Establishing a "core" group of players, along with sustained recruitment; should be our priority imho.

Former KGB Member
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

Yeah establishing our own organization and discipline are all I really care about. We need to get our own house in order, and all opportunities will come through that.

If we kick ass, that gives us strength in negotiations, if we suck ass, alliances will just make us beholden to others.

We might not go for a land-grab off the bat though, until I am confident we are capable of holding on to it, but I am looking at long term success.

Since DFO will likely only have one or two servers per continent, the number of established guilds present will be a lot larger than most games/launches. But apparently the world size/amount of resources available are also more plentifull.

I think it will be a launch unlike others.... unless it lags like shit and crashes to hell and back.. in which case it will be a launch like all the rest.

Of course things can and will change as more info becomes available...

Band 6
Band 6
City location and the "land grab" is something that would be important to figure out during this EU release, though. Hopefully it's not like Shadowbane, where you could be screwed if you missed the TOL plants on the key locations.

It doens't sound like it's like that, but we'll find out during EU release soon enough i guess.

I do wonder about lag. If it's one huge continent, what happens when everyone fights in huge battles? Especially with no stress test, we don't know.

Former KGB Member
JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Just a thought here, for everyone to ponder. Derid and I both agree that I want KGB to hold it's own. We will not "Sub" to another organization. I would rather see KGB as a Guerilla organization than just a pawn or a rook in the big picture.

Star Citizen Hanger:
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
I feel that the biggest issue that KGB had on Siege Perilous was that we came in talking crap that we couldn't back up on the field. I don't know much about how KGB progressed afterwards, but I feel very strongly that if we're going to be a major player in this, it's going to have to start at the base level of combat.

All the politics in the world won't do much if you can't dominate when it matters, and I feel that should be our preliminary focus. Of course, your recent recruitment drive probably shored up a lot of the PvP-master aspect.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard