The KGB Oracle
Serving the online gaming community since 1997
Visit www.the-kgb.com
For additional information

Join KGB DISCORD: http://discord.gg/KGB
 
KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 57 guests, and 9 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
AngryCajunKGB, Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp
1,478 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,097
Posts116,368
Members1,478
Most Online1,653
Mar 26th, 2026
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,828,983 Trump card
1,512,759 Picture Thread
580,242 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Arginal #34827 11/27/08 04:57 PM
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 583
Band 5
***
Band 5
***
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 583
I know Vbulletin has a conversion script that will convert the entire database no problem...Probably a HUGE database but...


Bardaji #34828 11/28/08 08:22 AM
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,929
KGB Supreme Knight
****
KGB Supreme Knight
****
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,929
Quote:

Oh, it's not just video we'd gain from upgrading to a modern forum package...so...much...more! As for the 2nd coming of past PvP games..I'm consciously committed to NOT comparing DFO to such. I'm going to take it for what it is, one of the last attempts to fully cater to the PvP focused MMOGing community.




Yup, it's one of the last attempts, but not THE last attempt. Mortal Online boasts a similar promise, if DFO fails. It boasts a full, open PVP (NO pvp/pve zones) world where you can create your own home, guild, guild city, etc. Mortal Online is also skill-based, not class based, with a variety of races.

NO I'm not using this to sway people from Darkfall - I'm dying for DFO as well. But it's always great to have an exit strategy, should your current hope fail.


[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
Crimthan #34829 11/28/08 08:52 AM
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 583
Band 5
***
Band 5
***
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 583
Yes grasshopper...I said that with Mortal in mind. I always choose my words carefully, except when I don't I wonder though, if DFO fails to attract and hold it's intended player base, will Mortal be abandoned?

Whether DFO be amazing or uninspiring, I think we all need have a vested interest in seeing DFO succeed be it for nothing else other than to let developers/publishers see there *is* a market for this genre of gaming.


Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1