KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 50 guests, and 23 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,095
Posts116,356
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,034,252 Trump card
1,342,149 Picture Thread
480,195 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
During the Beta, we can experiment to check out the various races and professions, but once the game goes public, I strongly suggest that EVERYONE in the KGB play the same race in the same area. In recent games, like Warhammer, for example, we have folks playing Chaos, we have folks playing orks, we have folks playing dark elves. I understand we have people playing on the other freakin' side, too. That dilutes our manpower. We have no focus.

You want to play a different race, or in a different geographic area, do it on your own time. If you want to wear the KGB tag, everybody should do it together.

I think I'm going to be the resident asshole on this kind of stuff, and that's fine. I'm here to kick ass in this game, and having people spread out all over creation gets no ass kicked.

Priorities. We need to set some, and stick to them.

As for Owain, sword and board. I'll keep 'em occupied. High dps types can kill 'em.

To the everlasting glory of the infantry...

Owain ab Arawn
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Missing in Action - October 2021
Missing in Action - October 2021
Quote:

I will be rolling a mage/tamer

however if the crafting is as good as it was originally in UO I will be going 90% crafting to assist the guild with weaponry etc.

No taming in Darkfall.

BoS Archon
[Linked Image from miniprofile.xfire.com][Linked Image from sigimages.bf2tracker.com]
Drakiis Offline OP
KGB Supreme Knight
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
Quote:

During the Beta, we can experiment to check out the various races and professions, but once the game goes public, I strongly suggest that EVERYONE in the KGB play the same race in the same area. In recent games, like Warhammer, for example, we have folks playing Chaos, we have folks playing orks, we have folks playing dark elves. I understand we have people playing on the other freakin' side, too. That dilutes our manpower. We have no focus.

You want to play a different race, or in a different geographic area, do it on your own time. If you want to wear the KGB tag, everybody should do it together.

I think I'm going to be the resident asshole on this kind of stuff, and that's fine. I'm here to kick ass in this game, and having people spread out all over creation gets no ass kicked.

Priorities. We need to set some, and stick to them.

As for Owain, sword and board. I'll keep 'em occupied. High dps types can kill 'em.

Your perspective and passion are admirable qualities but I would interject that being one dimensional and lacking diversity makes a group very predictable and creates a situation where by kgb will be unable to produce strategies to effectively handle diverse situations and abilities of guilds with a varied and multi dimensional organization. While the game is skill based, some skills, prestige classes, and builds may be restricted based on race. Wahammer was a special situation where by realm verses realm was at play restricting classes, this will only be a issue with race when it comes to a starting city, however it may be possible to just journey to a central meeting place for all kgb to solve that dilemma.

I am Wrath, I am Steel, I am the Mercy of Angels.
mors est merces mea – death is my reward
morte in vitam non habet tenaci - Death has no grip on Life.
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
I would hope that all races offer examples of similar careers. Some spells may be race specific, but a human mage should be pretty much the same as an orc shaman. Once the KGB gets established on DF, then we can experiment with alts. Until then, I do think we should concentrate our efforts.

To the everlasting glory of the infantry...

Owain ab Arawn
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
No taming? I thought I read you could potentially control any creature in the game. Hmmmmm I will have to read up more and then decide. I tend to lean towards necro type characters or anything that has pets. If not that then I loved my Archer in UO. Not to big on the FPS archer mode though.

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
I wish there were half giants in this game.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

The way things currently look, it will be almost impossible at start to have an effective guild with people starting in different factions. This may be somehow disproven at beta, but if it holds true KGB will be one-faction guild at start.

V
V
The game is built around factions, i dont think they would change it. And watching all the videos, i have not seen any cross faction grouping. So i would go with the assumption you will be going in as a chosen faction. Not sure how many races are included in a faction.

Last edited by Vipir; 11/07/08 08:17 AM.

I have a high art, I hurt with cruelty those who would seek to damage me.
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
ya from the videos it looks like there all the same faction. If that is the case start the same faction I mean you can take what skills u want. I would like to know the skill cap 7way gm or can u have more I'm pretty sure there will be a cap so you don't have one guy super uber.

Former KGB Order of the Paladins
Former KGB Champion
Former General(G4)UO
Former General(G3)UO
Former General(G2)UO
Former General(G1)UO
Former Knight Captain in UO
Former Knight Commander in UO
Former Member of SB,Wow,Aoc
Founder Of Chop Choppers
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
I read that you can only have one faction per server so the decision will have to be carefully thought out but yeah it looks like we won't have a choice if we want to stick together. I hate playing Dwarfs but since they have a large advantage in crafting..... I will go with whatever you guys decide.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard