KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 50 guests, and 23 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,095
Posts116,356
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,034,252 Trump card
1,342,149 Picture Thread
480,195 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#22996 09/15/07 08:46 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight

Helemoto #22997 09/15/07 10:05 PM
KGB Arch Duke
KGB Arch Duke
Only two things I took away from it were:

1) Small villages "like mini-cities" will be located near resource points that we can control.

2) A Q&A will be coming up and beta applications are getting posted again at some point in the future.

The first comment stuck out because prior to that the general understanding on the DF forum was that a guild took control of a guild stone and then had control of an entire predetermined territory to include the resource points in it. And that we could build anywhere we wanted inside the territory making multiple cities within our lands if we so wished (perhaps a mini-city for every sub guild)

But if they're making NPC towns by each resource point then that to me means we can't build our own there. So now it seems you take a clan stone over and you get to build a capitol city there by it - beyond that you can only build additional structures if they're within the capitol city or you take over the mini-cities by each resource point in your lands. Perhaps we can plan to give each sub-guild a resource point mini-city as a way to keep them happy.

The other points about the Q&A and beta apps to me just shows that they are no where near the start of beta because they're actually planning other things. They're not saying "beta any day now." it's... two or three weeks from now will be another Progress report like this one maybe with pics. Two or three weeks after that probably a Q&A session. Two or three weeks after that we might post beta applications again.

They certainly don't plan to release ahead of Age of Conan. They either plan to release at the same time or more likely a few months after to take advantage of player disinterest in a MMO that always occurs after roughly 4 months.

"It's not enough to win... others have to lose."
-Stephen Colbert 'Colbert Report'
Hall of Fame record
Raekwon #22998 09/16/07 07:50 AM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Quote:

Perhaps we can plan to give each sub-guild a resource point mini-city as a way to keep them happy.

To some degree, yes. Just don't outsource ALL resources to subguilds or the main guild won't have any independent power or resources to survive in case of betrayal.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
Crimthan #22999 09/16/07 08:37 AM
KGB Arch Duke
KGB Arch Duke
Allowing for betrayal is what epic stories are made of... think of all the fun we'll have fighting back when it happens.

"It's not enough to win... others have to lose."
-Stephen Colbert 'Colbert Report'
Hall of Fame record
Raekwon #23000 09/16/07 09:03 AM
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
lol, i think it is funny that we will be the top guild and having sub guilds. Where have we made any impact in the last few years to think we would be able to do this?

Lenny #23001 09/16/07 09:31 AM
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Quote:

lol, i think it is funny that we will be the top guild and having sub guilds. Where have we made any impact in the last few years to think we would be able to do this?

OFF WITH HIS HEAD!!!! Well there really haven't been any games that have allowed us to do this in the last few years. Although every time we've go back to Shadowbane with only a small percentage of our total membership we've made at least made a little splash.

-[KGB]- Garal TheGreat

[Linked Image from img.photobucket.com]
Garal #23002 09/16/07 10:24 AM
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

Lots of interesting speculatiion, but the system may change alot by the time the game goes live.

So who knows.

I know Allies and subs will definatly want to live out of their own area though, though obviously depening only on allies/subs to hold turf for the guild would be extremely foolhardy.

Garal #23003 09/17/07 09:50 AM
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
Quote:

Quote:

OFF WITH HIS HEAD!!!! Well there really haven't been any games that have allowed us to do this in the last few years. Although every time we've go back to Shadowbane with only a small percentage of our total membership we've made at least made a little splash.

Well, i remember when we were in WOW, we had alliances and we ruined everyone of them. From what I understand Vanguard, we found people like minded as us, and are continuing the relationships. I feel, if we treat our alliances as we did in WOW, we are screwed.

Lenny #23004 09/17/07 02:11 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
I wouldnt even call the time in WoW a form of an alliance. The only purpose of that "alliance" was for those stupid PvE raids that game has.

Jonus #23005 09/17/07 04:46 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Exactly. Pointless alliances that went nowhere.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard