KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 29 guests, and 26 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Devan Omega
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
1,987,444 Trump card
1,324,088 Picture Thread
473,917 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Owain Offline OP
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Imagine the games that could be developed for this!

To the everlasting glory of the infantry...

Owain ab Arawn
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Band 3
Band 3
*shudders* That would be orgasmic..
I'd never leave my computers side again.

Not that I do that much now :P

That's just amazing. I think that has so much potential for some awesome games.

Last edited by JaconClay; 05/30/07 01:11 PM.

Jacon Clay 3xGM mage voted as "The Worst Red Ever" "I'm okay at PvP... But what I lack in skill, I make up for in Luck" "I love Wisps!" ~ the day 4 wisps killed 3 SL blues chasing my red. The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
cool with this i can live an mmo inside my room with the walls.

Missing in Action - October 2021
Fuck Microsoft straight to hell!

Mitsubishi had already designed the same damn thing, the MERL DiamondTouch, and were/are in the process of marketing it to developers as a toolkit so when it was released for public sales there would already be software available for the incredibly innovative interface. Not to mention they already ported WarCraft 3 to it and have demo videos (you RTS fans will cream yourselves over this video).

The ONLY thing I like about Microsoft on this subject, is that I'm glad their projectors come from the base of the table, rather than a projector on the ceiling.

I hate that the projector location will probably force me to buy from Microsoft when this hits the home market/I become filthy rich...

[Linked Image from zandadev.com]
KGB Arch Duke
KGB Arch Duke
I personally have nothing against making the rich richer as long as they provide the best quality at the best price.

***official Microsoft stock holder***

"It's not enough to win... others have to lose."
-Stephen Colbert 'Colbert Report'
Hall of Fame record
KGB (F5) High Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB Paladin
KGB Oracle Administrator
KGB (F5) High Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB Paladin
KGB Oracle Administrator
I agree that inspiring people is a good thing. But, this idea has see-sawed through out the 80's 90's not just this present day. Microsofts little "box" so to say... Is not only a step into the future but its a step into the past. I understand that usually everything new incorporates old technology with some new pizazz. But this is far from ground breaking. This project is using existing technology and just making it work for a public purpose. I will say that the Multi user flow is the best thing they had going for them in the demonstration. I have already seen hardware multi layered touch screens that can do the same thing and they are roughly the same as a plasma tv. The big word is Nano Technology. Nano screens with layered sensitivies to elemental, physical and wave recognition would be a more fitting step into a project like this. Breaking into that "minority report" future. I would say more like ghost in the shell. Just like the article said, this is a glimpse into what IS GOING TO BE common place in all our lives. I instantly start thinking about being clean when I see this. Would be like that show monk. Walking around with a windex bottle and a nice silk cloth. In most cases you probably don't want to know where the counter has been recently anyway. yuk. Another idea would be.. walk up to a counter drop your items upon it and it senses the shape or the tag or whatever then when your ready you drop your credit card on the counter and your done. Would replace alot of other stupid peripherals (swipe cards, keyboards, rat, you name it, etc).

The more I read, the less angry I get... It's just kinda gag reflex to get angry when Microsoft announces a product similar to one I've been following for months... :-x

Regardless, I will be SUPER happy to see this or similar products in homes, restaurants, grocery stores, and the everywhere else!

[Linked Image from zandadev.com]

Link Copied to Clipboard