The KGB Oracle
Serving the online gaming community since 1997
Visit www.the-kgb.com
For additional information

Join KGB DISCORD: http://discord.gg/KGB
 
KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 57 guests, and 9 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
AngryCajunKGB, Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp
1,478 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,097
Posts116,368
Members1,478
Most Online1,653
Mar 26th, 2026
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,828,983 Trump card
1,512,759 Picture Thread
580,242 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 903
Former Member
***
Former Member
***
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 903
I picked it up and have been playing for a couple weeks. I love all the Middle Earth stuff and have had fun exploring the world in a way you don't through the movies or the books.

The game runs very smooth and is visually appealing. Game play is very WoW-like, but I think less instance grinding for gear and much more story based (at least to me). Very solo friendly (through lvl 30 at least).

Its NOT a pvp game, and I don't think it would be appropriate to have KGB as a faction there, but it's certainly fun.

Just curious if anyone else has tried it.

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,929
KGB Supreme Knight
****
KGB Supreme Knight
****
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,929
Only thing that attracts me is the "playing as a monster for PVP" aspect, and it has nothing to do with the story of LOTRO - monster PVP could be possible in any MMO. Other than that, no thanks.


[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 7,455
Likes: 1
E
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
*****
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
*****
E
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 7,455
Likes: 1
I beta tested it, i found it extremly boring in the early levels and i didn't feel as if i was very wrapped up in middle earth.

As an elf you start in a dwarf city makes no sense to me lol


game ran great though and was really pretty.
All games remind you of wow these days they all use the same engines but wow was just first to release


[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 258
Former KGB Member
*****
Former KGB Member
*****
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 258
Giving the trial a whirl. Im Shaharazad a captain on Mendelor server.

EDIT: Changed my mind. I am TooPawk, minstrel. I wish I could be TooPawk of Deth Row but oh well.

Last edited by Leverett; 05/29/07 06:53 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1