There is much debate behind the scenes as to what to do about KGB Hybrid. Many have argued that our membership here is out of control and that most Hybrid KGBers are not official members and have no clue about KGB history, values, or rules.

After many discussions with official KGB members I have come up with the following solution.

I have decided not to close the faction as some have suggested. Closing the faction would enact General Order 2 which would seriously limit how our membership could play Hybrid.
Quote:

General Order 2: "Thou shalt swear faith to no other nation but KGB”
You are exclusively a Citizen of the KGB. You must put the goals of the KGB ahead of your own, and to put your loyalty to the KGB above all else. As a KGB citizen, you must not be a member of any other organization in any land where the KGB has a presence. In lands where the KGB does not have a presence, your affiliation with other organizations must remain anonymous and not be in conflict with KGB (for instance, you are a member of the XXX organization in a game called Kill Everyone Online, and the KGB is a foe of XXX in another world). If KGB leadership determines there is a conflict of interest, then you would be asked to either leave the other organization, or renounce your KGB citizenship.
In Worlds that KGB has or had a presence, the High King may declare a territory to be OPEN. This releases KGB citizens from the normal requirements of General Order 2 in that territory, even though there is a KGB presence in that territory. This means that a KGB citizen may be a member of another guild in that region that has been declared open, subject to the following restrictions:

1) You may never intentionally attack or assist in any nonconsensual attack against any citizen of KGB or KGB Organization at any time.
2) You may never use KGB resources (Web, Voice Communications, etc) against the KGB or any KGB member at any time. Such actions will be considered treason and dealt with per the KGB constitution.
3) KGB members that have affiliations with other organizations would be barred from holding any leadership position within KGB and could advance only to the rank of Knight. You must also forfeit any rank or title achieved at the time you join another organization. At any time, you may decide to give up those affiliations and become eligible for leadership and military advancement.

If you have at least one KGB tagged character in a region, you may have other, alternate characters in that same region who are not KGB tagged, but they may not be associated with any other organization in that region. However, all characters, tagged or untagged, must adhere to the KGB rules and ideals. ALL GENERAL ORDERS APPLY.

Instead I have decided to leave the faction open, but to appoint an official guild leadership. Members could have alternate characters and take part in Role play or other things and still be in KGB.

I think the major problem here is that non-full members have been allowed access to the KGB Guildstone. I have decided to end this practice with the following order:

On June 1st, 2007, only FULL KGB MEMBERS will be allowed on the KGB Guildstone. This means that anyone that is on the Guildstone must complete THE KGB APPLICATION PROCESS or be removed at 11:59pm on June 1st

The application form is linked from the KGB Oracle on the entrance page labeled "JOIN KGB". I would advise anyone who is not a full member to start the process to avoid being removed.

This policy will ensure that anyone wearing the KGB tag, is bound to uphold KGB guidelines and is aware of our history and their moral responsibility.

I will be scheduling a meeting with the current full membership soon, and everything should be in place by June 1st.

**** This thread is duplicated in the KGB UO Hybrid public forums. Please direct any questions or comments there.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter