KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 15 guests, and 11 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Greeley
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,003,950 Trump card
1,337,260 Picture Thread
477,076 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#1956 12/05/05 09:26 PM
Owain Offline OP
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
One source of continuing frustration for me is that I can't access the forums at work

My network is behind a firewall, and when I try to go to the KGB site, I get a page saying that this site is classified as MATURE, GAMES, so I am SOL until I get home.

Is this something that we have defined for the site so as to make search engines easier to classify us? If so, can we change or eliminate that classification to keep the IT Nazi's from blocking access to the site?

Thanks!

To the everlasting glory of the infantry...

Owain ab Arawn
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Band 4 ****
Band 4 ****
Quote:

One source of continuing frustration for me is that I can't access the forums at work

My network is behind a firewall, and when I try to go to the KGB site, I get a page saying that this site is classified as MATURE, GAMES, so I am SOL until I get home.

Is this something that we have defined for the site so as to make search engines easier to classify us? If so, can we change or eliminate that classification to keep the IT Nazi's from blocking access to the site?

Thanks!

Were you able to before the hacking incident?

"Thou shouldst eat to live; not live to eat." - Marcus Tullius Cicero
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
That's how it was at my school too pretty much.. I couldn't access anything that was off of w3.the-kgb.com but now that it's back to oracle.the-kgb.com I can get it to just fine.

-[KGB]- Garal TheGreat

[Linked Image from img.photobucket.com]
Band 4 ****
Band 4 ****
That's why I was asking if it was that way before the hacking incident. I'm wondering if they are blocking certain domains or domain pre-fixes or not.

E
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
E
Owain do you work for the govt? My mom works for the VA and for a long time she could access KGB then about 6mos ago they blocked her access from it. She only checked my webspace to get pics of the kids, but they told her because it's associated with beer that was why it was blocked, my mom told them it was just a fictional game web host and that they are blocking her out of her grandchildrens website but they didn't get they said it got a flag for alcohol so they had to block it

But As rytz probably figured out my moms has been blocked long before the hax

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
Missing in Action - October 2021
Code:
Access to this web page is restricted at this time. 
Reason:
The Websense category "Games" is filtered.

Getting something like that just recently means that someone in your IT dept updated the proxy settings to start filtering certain sites, depentdent on what software they use when you requested this webpage it took a look at what was written on the page, found

Code:
KGB - The Knights of Glory and Beer
Serving the online gaming community since 1997

and flagged the domain as gamming oriented. No matter what is changed on this site, the domain will continue to be blocked unless you coerce the IT dept. to unblock it. And that all depends on how nice your auditing dept. is. Where I work you need a pretty good and valid buisness reason why you need a website unblocked.

Its like a school bus of nuns hitting a shit wagon and bursting into flames. You just can't look away... -Tasorin
Owain Offline OP
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Yes, I work for the US Gov, so fat chance on getting my IT department to budge on that.

Gonna have to be content to wait until I get home to get my KGB Forum Fix.

To the everlasting glory of the infantry...

Owain ab Arawn
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Deceased KGB Member and Oracle Administrator
Deceased KGB Member and Oracle Administrator
THere is a very simple way around it( and a less simple ways around it depending your skill and setup).

Very Simple way: If you have WindowsXP PRO or MCE at home, and fast enough connection, you can use remotedesktop to by pass the firewall. Linux desktop (MAC OSX too I believe, but I do not have one to verify) with XWindows can do simular with proggie like XWin32 to redirect your X-Windows Desktop.

Then there are ssh tunnels, and other ways that get into more black magic then I wish to go into here hehe.

Vincent
My first sci-fi novel is out and its free details : http://losttalesofpower.com
Band 5 *****
Band 5 *****
ohhhh vudor is telling us things to get in trubble with...... wooo hooo bring on the fun haha

Quote:

THere is a very simple way around it( and a less simple ways around it depending your skill and setup).

Very Simple way: If you have WindowsXP PRO or MCE at home, and fast enough connection, you can use remotedesktop to by pass the firewall. Linux desktop (MAC OSX too I believe, but I do not have one to verify) with XWindows can do simular with proggie like XWin32 to redirect your X-Windows Desktop.

Then there are ssh tunnels, and other ways that get into more black magic then I wish to go into here hehe.

hehe openssh-win + putty + privoxy = what i use to get around thier proxy. Although with the setup they can still track you hitting a specific site continually, they wont see what your doing overall.

Its like a school bus of nuns hitting a shit wagon and bursting into flames. You just can't look away... -Tasorin

Link Copied to Clipboard