The KGB Oracle
Serving the online gaming community since 1997
Visit www.the-kgb.com
For additional information

Join KGB DISCORD: http://discord.gg/KGB
 
KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 34 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
AngryCajunKGB, Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp
1,478 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,097
Posts116,368
Members1,478
Most Online1,653
Mar 26th, 2026
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,829,063 Trump card
1,512,790 Picture Thread
580,260 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,412
KGB Crown Princess
****
KGB Crown Princess
****
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,412
I like the dollar coins but I guess thats the Canadian in me. I use them all the time for tooth fairy money and special occasions. Right now you can get them at the post office or request an order directly from your bank. Americans aren't real big on massive change like this though. We were supposed to go into a metric system back in the 80's and look how well that turned out. Seriously if I had 20 dollars in coins I'd probably spend them all just so I wouldn't have to lug them around. Its good to have but I don't feel it should replace the paper dollar.


Sometimes in the winds of change we find our true direction.
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 941
KGB Supreme Knight
*****
KGB Supreme Knight
*****
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 941
I like the dollar coins myself, but they are a pain to use from time to time.

True story:

Stopped by the post office to pick up some stamps. From my last trip I stuck a $20 in the machine and it spit out my book of stamps and my change in the lovely $1 coins. Ok, np. Put em in the drawer at home and waited until I had to buy stamps again.

Fast forward about a year.

Back at the post office, armed with $1 coins to buy some more stamps. Machine is on the fritz this time around so I get to stand in line at the counter.

Get up there, ask for a book of stamps and proceed to pay for them with the aforementioned $1 coins. The clerk looks at me like I'm from another planet and flatly states:

" You can't use those to pay for this. "

* What follows is my best " Don't make me throw these at you " look *

I remind the clerk that these very coins came out of THEIR GD stamp machine and if they're good enough to give to me, then they're good enough to give back.

Long story short, she shut up took the coins and I was on my merry way.



-Daye

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 609
KGB Knight
*****
KGB Knight
*****
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 609
Quote:

The clerk looks at me like I'm from another planet and flatly states:

" You can't use those to pay for this. "

* What follows is my best " Don't make me throw these at you " look *





HAHA like it was not american money lol

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 169
Missing in Action - October 2021
***
Missing in Action - October 2021
***
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 169
These work well in conjunction with the 2 dollar coin up in Canada. I bet these would catch on like crazy to people other than just coin collectors as soon as all vending machines, publc phones etc... become 1 dollar coin compatible. These would work, they would just need to implement at 2 dollar coin as well. Take a lesson from our neighbor to the north.


[color:"blue"]Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.[/color]

http://www.piczo.com/aviendha416?g=22288045&cr=4

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1