KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 12 guests, and 18 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,015,008 Trump card
1,338,501 Picture Thread
477,581 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Article VII has been amended to address problems with inactive or un-popular faction leadership:

Quote:

Article. VII. [Faction Leadership Code and Procedure]
Updated on December 2nd, 2005
Section. 1.
Clause 1: The High King shall appoint the leader of a newly formed faction
Clause 2: The appointed faction leader will have 7 days to appoint the other key positions in his or her faction. A High Chancellor would need to appoint a Chancellor and a Vice Chancellor, as well as a Commanding General (G5). Failure to complete this duty would result in the required resignation of the High Chancellor and the process would begin again. A Shogun would be required to select a Commanding General (G5) within the same period or submit a mandatory resignation
Clause 3: Every 30 days, the High King, with the support of Federal Officers, would hold a vote of confidence (1st of every month). Members of each faction would be required to vote for or against confidence in the current Faction leadership. Majority rules. If the current High Chancellor is approved by the membership, then they and their cabinet would remain in office, if voted against, the High King would appoint a new High Chancellor.
Clause 4: Any full member of any faction may call for an election at anytime. This is accomplished by making a petition that at least 50% of the active membership of the said faction signs. At that time, the High King would hold an election within 10 days of the submission of such a petition. The election would be held per Article VI, Clause 3 of the KGB Constitution.
Clause 5: Elections will be administered by the Federal Faction under the supervision of the High King, and Prime Ministers. Elections will occur on the 1st of every month.
Clause 6: This amendment would affect all factions formed after December 1st, 2005.

One of our historical weaknesses has been knowing when it is time for leadership to pass the torch to the next generation. As High King, this has been a challenge, as I alway try to support faction leadership unconditionally, but many times this backfires. What I have done here is given the active membership a direct role in decision making, and made faction leadership accountable to the membership. After all it is the active membership that know BEST as to what is best for the faction as a whole.

All new KGB Factions will abide by these new requirements.

Your questions and comments are appreciated.

Last edited by JetStar; 12/03/05 12:35 AM.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
Band 4 ****
Band 4 ****
Looks good to me. Looks good in theory. Just gotta make sure to stick to that monthly voting requirement.

Perhaps you should look at having something on the site (or in the forums) for monthly faction voting. That way all you have to do is update the faction candidates and members, plus whatever other pertinent information needs to be changed.

You might be able to just run a poll every month in the corresponding private faction forum. Or maybe look for some poll / voting software in php / asp (or whatever languages you are using).

Just some ideas. But maybe you had that in mind already . Sounds good overall though.

"Thou shouldst eat to live; not live to eat." - Marcus Tullius Cicero
JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Quote:

Looks good to me. Looks good in theory. Just gotta make sure to stick to that monthly voting requirement.

Perhaps you should look at having something on the site (or in the forums) for monthly faction voting. That way all you have to do is update the faction candidates and members , plus whatever other pertinent information needs to be changed.

Or maybe you had that in mind already . Sounds good overall though.

I plan to use the Calander system and have the KGB Chief of Staff administer this. Chief of Staff Elph is perfect for this as she is all about business and rarely gives in to overt compassion or weakness (Hense the reason that Elph has been my COS for years now).

After 8 years of refinement, I think this is the icing on the cake to create a successful organization able to compete in the rat race of MMORPGs and guild organizations.

The key now is to united our membership behind a single goal. For those that are not 100% attracted to the world we choose as a Nation, to get involved and give their all. We have some of the best and brightes in all aspects of gaming. Thats leadership, motivation, training, PVP, and most importantly, compassion. It is compassion that converts people to the KGB cause. When you unconditionally help someone and expect nothing in return. It is in our oath, and what has kept us alive and a factor in this complex universe:

Quote:

The Oath
of the KGB Citizen
As a Citizen of the KGB Nation, my personal integrity is irreproachable. I will never degrade myself by the lying to, cheating of, stealing from, or harming my fellow Citizens or declared Allies. I hold myself personally and unequivocally responsible to ensure the preservation of the honor of the Citizenship and good name of the KGB at all times. I will, to the best of my power, uphold the Ten Commandments while preventing all offences against the persons and properties of the KGB Nation.

Remember this, and act on it. Think of the more than 1000 KGBers that came before you and enforced this code.

Our brightest days are ahead of us, if we stand together in honor. The theme is, Together we stand, divided we fall.

Serving KGB,

Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
Band 4 ****
Band 4 ****
Sounds good. Looking forward to giving the new system a whirl .

Former Member
Former Member
I like the idea of a vote of confidence, but I would hate to see a situation arise where there is scheming to topple a leader by some faction within the faction that just doesn't get along.

When your King calls you to action, will you hear the call?

JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Thats where the High King comes in, it has to be honest and true for me to accept it.

Star Citizen Hanger:
Band 5 *****
Band 5 *****
lol does that me we can vote you out to Jet haha, j/k ya does seem it could helpnever know unless we try right.

E
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
E
actually grif it's in the constitution that you could.. but now who would take over payment for all of our services.

I'll probably have some questions about what exactly I am suppose to do but it's too early to think this morning

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
Band 5 *****
Band 5 *****
lol well it would have to be a woman. How else could they deal with everything all at once haha. anyways back to being seirous, (i know spelling) It sounds like a very good thing, been in my fair share of games were guilds have gone to poop cause of inner fihting, and or a real life issue that causes to much stress to keep the game in mind.

(GM5) KGB King
KGB Federal Faction
(GM5) KGB King
KGB Federal Faction
Quote:

lol does that me we can vote you out to Jet haha, j/k ya does seem it could helpnever know unless we try right.

Article. II. [High King, Prime Ministers / Executive Branch]
Section. 1.
Clause 1: The executive Power shall be vested in a High King. He shall hold his Office during the Term of life, and, together with the Prime Ministers chosen for the same Term.

You'd have to impeach him, but he's good at keeping his interns locked up!

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
[Linked Image from the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
1 member likes this: Romeo_Montague
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  JetStar 

Link Copied to Clipboard