KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 29 guests, and 26 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Devan Omega
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
1,987,444 Trump card
1,324,088 Picture Thread
473,917 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Chairman of the KGB Senate, Supreme Knight, and founding KGB Member Owain has passed away
[Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]

It is with great shock and sadness that I inform all of you of the passing of Chairman Owain (Brent) He was undergoing treatment for cancer his heart stopped suddenly. KGB Supreme Knight Crimthan shared the news just a short time ago ( Members only announcement thread):
Originally Posted by Supreme Knight Crimthan, Honor and Farewell to Owain
Good afternoon all.

It's with a very heavy heart that I share this with you all. Some may already know.
Brent Glines, aka Owain; had heart failure during his battle with cancer last night, and it was 30 min before they could give him oxygen.
They are pulling him off life support today.
(This news was given to me directly via Kevin, one of Brent's sons).
Physically, Brent is gone, yet his spirit will be with us always.

I'm requesting that anyone who knew Brent, could share a story about him either from RL, or gaming or Both.

I met Brent in gaming with KGB ~ 2004/5 and was an instant bond of brotherhood as he was a Vietnam Air Force F4 weapons systems officer/navigator and I was a former USMC who spent the majority of time in Scout/Sniper platoon 2/2.
Not only that, Brent ended up being one of the 5 who wrote a Letter of Recommendation I needed to be an officer in the Air Force.
Strangely enough, my first duty station after making it through the trying Officer Training School - was Hill Air Force Base Utah - right where Brent lived. We had plenty of good times on base for the year I was there and later he visited me a few times with his wife Karrie while I was in Florida.
So many great times and conversations. Not only do I consider him a mentor, I consider him among my best friends, especially The BEST friend I had during my ten years in the Air Force.

Great guy and a very reliable sword and board warrior in most MMOs we played in. This is me signing off and frankly surprised I got all of that out of me...I'm in a state of shock...

Love you Brent.
You'll always be one of the best.
Semper Fidelis.
These are just a few positions Owain held in his 25 years with KGB.
- Appointed KGB Senate Chairman by The High King, Jan 24, 2022
- Promoted to KGB Supreme Knight, Jan 12, 2010
- Appointed KGB Senator
- Former KGB Knight Warhammer Online (Azazel)
- Former KGB Knight, Age of Conan (Doomsayer)
- Former KGB Supreme Court Chief Justice
- Former KGB Supreme Court Justice
- Former KGB Knight Captain, Shadowbane (Vengeance)
- Former KGB Knight, Shadowbane (Vengeance)
- Former KGB Knight Commander, Dark Age of Camelot (Gawaine)
- Former KGB Knight, Dark Age of Camelot (Gawaine)
- Former KGB Knight Commander, Ultima Online (Siege Perilous)
- Former KGB Knight Ultima Online (Siege Perilous)

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
It was such a pleasure to meet him and his lovely wife along with the Texas crew in Vegas many years back. So many great memories. My favorite was when he decided to play his bagpipes at 2:00am in our party room at the Strat!
He was with us since the beginning and was such a wonderful person. I am in total shock and deeply saddened as he was doing so well.
Farewell Brother! I was lucky to have known you.

Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
1 member likes this: Crimthan
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Owain and Karrie had been playing with us in New World for a while. He was a great person to game with. Exetremely helpful and always nice. I'm shocked to hear this.

Carry on Brother you won't be forgotten
-Wolfgang (Ronnie)

Last edited by Wolfgang; 09/12/22 04:00 PM.
D
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
D
I cannot even begin to express my shock and sadness. Brent was the most patient, knowledgeable and kind person I've had the honor and privilege of knowing. Both Jay and I loved to game with him and his wife. He was always so helpful and willing to teach us stuff with the patients of a Saint. Rest easy my friend. We are going to miss you. I want to say so much more, but my heart isn't in it right now.

Last edited by Demma; 09/13/22 06:34 AM. Reason: Change emote
KGB Arch Duke
KGB Arch Duke
And so it begins. The hanging up involuntarily of the OKGB. What a lovely and ardent supporter of the guild, its structure, and every game we tried. As we age I am sorry to see some of us drop off and level up. I have been here since Siege Perilous days and remember each and every one of us. Owain was the best of. Loyal, smart as fuck, and willing to forgive all who trespassed against the guild, at least once. Well picked his name of Arturian legend and lore.

Much love my internet friend, acquaintance, brother in arms, and player of bagpipes. I hoist a parting glass (I'm sure you could play the tune), till we soon meet again.

Hakaryu/Zorachus

Hakaryu Lionheart
2 members like this: Demma, Crimthan
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
I really enjoyed gaming with Brent he was so much fun to talk with and even listen to. Besides Demma he was the one that helped me get into and understand MMOs. He was always very helpful and patient with me whenever I asked questions and was never annoyed by any of them. He made gaming with him fun which is why he will be missed so much. I hope he is up there somewhere sitting in front of a computer gaming his heart out. You'll be missed Brent now you can finally rest.

1 member likes this: Demma
JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
This is Brent's wife Karrie posting on his page:
I don't even know how to start this.
Yesterday I lost my darling Brent.
He was attacked suddenly by vicious cancer that devastated his body and left him wracked in horrendous pain and suffering.
The soul-deep hurt I feel can't be expressed right now, the wound is too raw.
Over the next days, I will need to arrange Brent's funeral and memorial. I know I am not alone and that I will have the help and support of our family and friends.
Please help me bear this awful pain and terrible responsibility to honor Brent.

Star Citizen Hanger:
1 member likes this: Wolfgang
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Jetstar that's the moment I was going to share playing the bagpipes at 2am in Vegas was prolly one of my favorite memories why I was in Vegas and while being in kgb for 24 years. Owain was a great guildmate and now he can play his bagpipes with longshanks. He will always be apart of the kgb legacy along with longshanks and toxiclore.

Former KGB Order of the Paladins
Former KGB Champion
Former General(G4)UO
Former General(G3)UO
Former General(G2)UO
Former General(G1)UO
Former Knight Captain in UO
Former Knight Commander in UO
Former Member of SB,Wow,Aoc
Founder Of Chop Choppers
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Owain (Brent) was one of my closest KGB Brothers, Owain always defended me and my ideas for this clan and I loved gaming with him very much. Many times I could ask him for help with something in game and he would always come to my aid. He was a very Honorable, kind, and supportive person whom I admired very much. Outside of game Brent and I spoke many times about a great many topics other than gaming and I came to respect and love him as a person. I won't go into the many traits and hobbies Brent has we all are aware of his Scottish heritage and perchant for Kilts, his pipe smoking, and his military service, but what I will say is that over the time I have been in KGB without ever actually meeting Brent in person, I grew to actually Love him like a big brother. I miss him now, and not to make this about me but my Father passed away 3 weeks ago and now this I am truely saddened by this news, last I had seen (and I was following this closely) Brent was doing well and seemed to be beating it, and then suddenly this. Brent was always a positive person and he was chatting away on FB only days ago and seemed in good spirits. We here at KGB have lost a great friend and knight, I will forever miss him and I will meet him one day standing watch at the gates to the kingdom of heaven.

RIP Owain my friend.

Love ya Bro

Drak (aka Dux)

I am Wrath, I am Steel, I am the Mercy of Angels.
mors est merces mea – death is my reward
morte in vitam non habet tenaci - Death has no grip on Life.
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
Fucking Helll.

Another OG KGB goes down.

How are we going to replace our Basoonist in our KGB Rocks band in the next LotR Online?

For those that didn't know Owain, know he was a RL OG and lived a full and wonderful life. I first met Owain in WHO where we played dual healing machines and just won all time. Next was Hutball and then FEZ, damn do I miss a good FEZ remake.
Least not, Owain was a founding member with several others of us OGs of KGB Rocks, a band of midi masters in LotR.

Rest in Glory, friend.

TAS

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  JetStar 

Link Copied to Clipboard