KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 26 guests, and 31 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Decon Black
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
1,988,697 Trump card
1,324,443 Picture Thread
474,043 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#147467 01/21/22 12:57 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
Apparently in New York, Armed robbery is now a misdemeanor. But if a 9 year old goes into a museum without a vaccination card. They get arrested. This should go under the "Tell me you're stupid, without telling me you're stupid"
https://twitter.com/yael_becker/status/1484196546358956032?s=20

Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Where is evidence armed robbery a misdemeanor? And the 'freedomtvnews' isn't really inspiring as a source. So I even watched the video, but nothing was said about vaccine except the people who background who were saying things like 'experimental gene therapy'

Where were her parents? Seems like it is far more likely that the kid was put in the cruiser because she was out in the city by herself, looks pretty late. Have to wonder if the kid wasnt even put up to it by the tweeter so they could rack up views and incite people.

Without context you can make anything sound like whatever you want, there was no evidence for the claims made in that video.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
KGB Supreme Knight
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
This seems to be the full story dealing with the 9 year old.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...museum-refusing-COVID-vaccine-cards.html

Under the new DA's policy. They have reduced armed robbery. I'm certain that Policy won't stick around long.
https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loc...tan-das-reform-policies-sources/3491736/

Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
So from the dailymail..
"Jayla was part of group affiliated with New York Freedom Rally, which has been staging protests against vaccine mandate throughout NYC"

So a bunch of left-wing anarchists brought a child, and were all arrested. So the kid had to be detained. Those are some shitty people bringing a kid that young to their little event. Apparently scoring social media hits and manufacturing outrage is more important to them than the well being of the child.

I say left-wing, because if they were conservatives they would respect the ability of establishments to set rules. Don't follow the rules, don't be there. It was the adults who were arrested for what appears to be tresspassing, though whether that is the actual charge is unknown - but it is pretty clear that if you don't follow the rules of a place and are asked to leave and don't its tresspassing. Obviously the kid couldn't be left to fend for herself. I dont even know if the most extreme ANTIFA bombthrowers have ever towed little kids along with them to generate social media hits.

Whether the NY DA policies otherwise make sense or not is another question, and even if they are as the Dailymail makes them out to be, doesn't change the fact that the protestors here were the ones being dipshits.

So if you owned or were managing an establishment, and people were breaking the rules and you asked them to leave - what should happen? From what I can tell, it's owned and operated by a 501c3 non-profit not even the gov't so its private property.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
While I don't think Wolfgang is factually correct, the underlying point - that in a Democrat-controlled areas COVID related infractions are treated more seriously by law enforcement than actual crimes - is fundamentally valid.

[Linked Image]
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Originally Posted by Derid
I say left-wing, because if they were conservatives they would respect the ability of establishments to set rules.

Complete lack of nuance make this statement superficially true but fundamentally false.

When establishment creates arbitrary rules and selectively enforces them, then not following such rules is a reasonable response. It is called civil disobidience and engaging in it does not make one left-wing.

[Linked Image]
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
"Don't willfully endanger other guests of our establishment if you want to be welcome" is hardly an arbitrary rule. Whether it is selectively enforced is unknown to any party.

In any case, it was a rhetorical device employed to point out that there is little to no practical difference between the group featured in discussion and other groups, that said group self-identifies as being a polar opposite and tends to vocally despise.

One reason spheres are apt descriptors of idealogical spectrum is that is you travel far enough in one direction, you end up on the opposite side.

KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Maybe I am not sufficently familiar with the story. What exactly was done that would consitute "willfuly endanger other guests" ?

[Linked Image]
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Originally Posted by Derid
One reason spheres are apt descriptors of idealogical spectrum is that is you travel far enough in one direction, you end up on the opposite side.

My key objection to your statement can be summarized as "anti-authoritorian != left-wing". At least not for the past 50 years.

[Linked Image]
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Originally Posted by Sini
While I don't think Wolfgang is factually correct, the underlying point - that in a Democrat-controlled areas COVID related infractions are treated more seriously by law enforcement than actual crimes - is fundamentally valid.

This is not established. It would be more accurate to say "in some Democratic controlled areas, it appears as though COVID related infraction may be taken more seriously"

As a practical matter, the example given likely has nothing to do with COVID and everything to due with location. In pretty much any big city I have been to, making a scene at a tourist attraction, especially one in a nice part of town is likely to garner a rapid response from authorities.

Had said anarchists decided to go endanger the public and their children in some shithole establishment in the slums, local precint would probably have not been quite so on top of it. Which is itself a problem, but not one that is really related to COVID.

The question here is how were the authorities supposed to react? How is the museum supposed to handle these types of people? Also noticed the demonstrators weren't even wearing masks. So, ignoring science for a moment and just going on what the establishment believes- that having unvacinnated, unmasked people unduly endangers their staff and other guests - or even that the establishment recognises that unvaccinated, unmasked people make a large portion of their staff and *other guests feel uncomfortable - said establishment lays some ground rules.

This entire assertion in the daily mail and original twwitter twit basically revolves around the fallacy of " Democrats often do stupid shit, and I don't like COVID restrictions, and since they are more enforced in Democrat areas that means that said enforcement is also stupid"

Though I can also assert with confidence, living in a heavy GOP area, that if someone pulled that shit here with a local landmark/attraction the results would have been identical or even worse for said protestors - even if the police privately agreed with their stance on COVID restrictions. Because starting shit at tourist attractions and other places of business simply because you disagree with their policies is bad for business, which generally won't be tolerated.

Looking at the Dailymail article again, its a gold mine of telling info:

"In late December, unmasked protesters, which included the 41-year-old Bosch, barged into a Burger King in Brooklyn and were filmed yelling at staffers for refusing to serve them."

Think about that. These are known repeat offenders- and people with such disgusting personalities that they will go to a Burger King and yell at the minimum-wage cashiers. So, why should any employee at any establishment not be entitled to having the autrhorities protect them from these kinds of asshats?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Derid 

Link Copied to Clipboard