KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 29 guests, and 26 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Devan Omega
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
1,987,444 Trump card
1,324,088 Picture Thread
473,917 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#147302 12/30/21 02:25 PM
Sini Offline OP
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
I keep thinking about long-term effects of what is essentially a child abuse the entire society engaged for the past two years. There are countless stories of spiking mental health issues, but I think it is only tip of an icberg. I think at the very least they will grow up into adults looking to extract revenge on the society.

What do you think?

[Linked Image]
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Hard to say.
I don't get it, or why people get so batshit.

Then again, I'm naturally an extreme introvert. I can intelectually understand how some people 'need' to constantly be around other people, but I can't *really* understand.

If I didn't have to go into the Hot Zone, er, office 3 days a week to satisfy the ego of C-suites who cannot fathom that some people do a lot better without having to deal with bullshit in person, and stopped reading the news, I'd be like 'what pandemic?'

If people want to extract revenge on society, I think it is more due to being able to tie whatever your current mood and/or discontent is to some mass-market groupthink. It doesnt matter how stupid you are anymore, you will always be able to find plenty of people to tell you how right/justified you are to be/do X

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
NYT: No Way to Grow Up
Children fell far behind in school during the first year of the pandemic and have not caught up.
Many children and teenagers are experiencing mental health problems
Suicide attempts have risen
Many schools have still not returned to normal, worsening learning loss and social isolation.
Behavior problems have increased.

Severe versions of Covid, including long Covid, are extremely rare in children. For them, the virus resembles a typical flu. Children face more risk from car rides than Covid.

[Linked Image]
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Originally Posted by Derid
Then again, I'm naturally an extreme introvert.

I can relate, as I continiously have to overcome similar tendencies in myself. I even changed careers over this issue, as promotions took me away from dealing with tech and predominantly toward dealing with people and relationships. Persobnally, I find CLI a lot more relatable than most people I encounter.

Still, and please don't take this as an attack or a slight, I don't think society could function if people like us were the majority. What happened in the past two years will result in more people like us.

[Linked Image]
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Originally Posted by Sini
Still, and please don't take this as an attack or a slight, I don't think society could function if people like us were the majority.

I dont, and you might be right. Just saying I find it hard to really relate to the people who actually get *bothered* by social distancing.

Originally Posted by Sini
What happened in the past two years will result in more people like us.

As long as they can also make a living typing in said CLI, or IDE, or DBA tools, or whatever, I don't really see it as a problem. Besides, I think its more of a nature thing than nurture thing anyhow.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
The Atlantic: The Case Against Masks at School
World Health Organization guidelines, which recommend against masking children ages 5 and younger, because this age group is at low risk of illness, because masks are not “in the overall interest of the child,” and because many children are unable to wear masks properly. Even for children ages 6 to 11, the WHO does not routinely recommend masks, because of the “potential impact of wearing a mask on learning and psychosocial development.” The WHO also explicitly counsels against masking children during physical activities, including running and jumping at the playground, so as not to compromise breathing.

[Linked Image]

Moderated by  Derid 

Link Copied to Clipboard