KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 6 guests, and 27 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Devan Omega
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
1,986,836 Trump card
1,323,918 Picture Thread
473,873 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
KGB NEW WORLD FACTION PLANNING UPDATE
With high general interest in New World and our desire to keep KGB intact in a game with this scope, we are planning to go ahead with an official faction approach to this game. As a refresher for all of you, please see the KGB Articles of Confederation: https://www.the-kgb.com/the-kgb-articles-of-confederation/

This faction would function in parallel to KGB Crowfall with the current faction leadership remaining intact. We have discussed a hiatus from Crowfall on New World launch to give us a chance to evaluate New World. There is a large contingent of KGB that want to stay active in Crowfall. This is by no means a move to abandon that game. We encourage all of you that enjoy Crowfall to stay active as we evaluate New World.

I am working with King Romeo (@Romeo) on the concept of a Federal Faction in New World. This would be the first Federal Faction since Archage. Details are being discussed. This would mean that the KGB Bill of Rights and Conduct (https://www.the-kgb.com/the-kgb-bill-of-rights-and-conduct/) General Order 2 would be in full effect. That means that KGB members would need to tag KGB on the server the faction chooses unless or until the faction is declared "Open".
If the game and interest warrants it, we would be looking for leadership assistance to cover guild requirements around the clock. We can talk more about this as the release date approaches. We also have some decisions to make. Watch for polls here in Discord and on the Oracle. Please discuss this more in the new Oracle New World forums: https://oracle.the-kgb.com/ubbthreads.php/category/32/new-world

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
Thanks Jet. I plan on playing New World. I know several others who will be doing the same. Yes, I will maintain my crowfall too, but I am going to give New World the hard try.

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Originally Posted by Vuldan
Thanks Jet. I plan on playing New World. I know several others who will be doing the same. Yes, I will maintain my crowfall too, but I am going to give New World the hard try.

How are you feeling about the PVP Flag. I am very concerned.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Originally Posted by JetStar

What is the PvP flag, and why are you concerned?

To the everlasting glory of the infantry...

Owain ab Arawn
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
Originally Posted by Owain
Originally Posted by JetStar

What is the PvP flag, and why are you concerned?

I am not certain yet if it is indeed that big of an issue. It will depend on how they manage it and if it can be turned off at will no matter where you are. I didn't get to use it in the beta, as I was trying to discover the other aspects of the game and we have far better PvPer's than I will ever be.

Owain, It is the ability to un-tag yourself from PvP, meaning you can't be attacked or attack others.

Jet, I do however think they have safeguards built-in...i.e. PvP actions, sieges etc, obviously require the setting to be turned on. I am researching to see if there is a minimum time once turned on that it can be turned back off...I can't imagine they did not account for the potential grief tool if they didn't account for that. Also, remember that it can only be turned off and on in a sanctuary, so people can't turn it on mid run through an area when they see an enemy and turn it back off. The other consideration is the faction as well. So, say for example if KGB is Covenant, which I prefer over Marauder or Syndicate, I dont think PvP can occur against another Covenant flagged guild. So if our long time enemy also went Covenant, it could be a bit deflating. Who wants a PvP game where we can't make members of the winterblades cry...

Last edited by Vuldan; 08/05/21 02:40 AM.

KGB Discord Administrator
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Discord Administrator
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
Just to answer one of your questions, you can only flag/deflag while in a town or a special sanctuary.

*edit* I guess I didn't get to the end of Vuldan's post lol, he already states that. sorry!

You can also change factions after 120 days, although I'm not sure how that would effect a company.

Last edited by Goriom; 08/04/21 06:12 AM.
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
I have a nw account I plan on leveling a toon there. My game time is pretty limited ATM until busy season has passed and I'll be focused on our efforts in CF for most of the game time I have available. I'll casually level a toon there at the very least to be able to log in and assist with fights there etc until work levels out. the game looked real good but I only spent a couple hours in there running around doing beginner quests.

Last edited by Tempest/Kulgan; 08/04/21 08:39 PM.
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
PvP flag means that everyone will be running around PvP-, because it is rational to not take on additional and unnecessary risk. Even if you are running around PvP+, you won't have anyone else to attack.

[Linked Image]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
I may give NW a try. Not sure I'll like the PVP flagging. So we'll see I guess.

Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
Originally Posted by Sini
PvP flag means that everyone will be running around PvP-, because it is rational to not take on additional and unnecessary risk. Even if you are running around PvP+, you won't have anyone else to attack.

Once again you and I are at odds, this is an opinion, nothing more. It was certainly not accurate through the beta. But whatever.

Link Copied to Clipboard