KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 6 guests, and 27 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Devan Omega
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
1,986,836 Trump card
1,323,918 Picture Thread
473,873 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 22 of 24 1 2 20 21 22 23 24
Sini Offline OP
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Are you still trying to argue literalism?

I said, "Separately, if you believe in rule of law, there is lots of lawlessness. He disregarded court ruling on multiple occasions. That alone disqualifies him for being a senator."

I stand by this comment. Your interpretation of my words: " That alone [constitutionally] disqualifies him for being a senator" is not reasonable.

Failing at being pedantic with contrived semantic arguments is the new low for the fever swamp crew.

---

Personally, I find it amusing that the same crew that was tea party supporters are now Trump devotees. Before that, they were Randians. Never mind that Moore, the guy that illegally used government to do evangelism is pretty much anti-thesis of any of these ideologies. He is on "their team", and damn the torpedoes of reason.

[Linked Image]
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
If that alone disqualified Moore, why wasn't he removed from the ballot on those grounds?

Probably because he remained qualified.

To the everlasting glory of the infantry...

Owain ab Arawn
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Disqualify
[dis-kwol-uh-fahy]

verb (used with object), disqualified, disqualifying.
1. to deprive of qualification or fitness; render unfit *; incapacitate.
2. to deprive of legal, official, or other rights or privileges;** declare ineligible or unqualified.
3. Sports. to deprive of the right to participate in or win a contest because of a violation of the rules.

* What I am talking about.
** What you are talking about.

If you are going for pedantic argument, at least make sure you are on a solid ground first. Otherwise you end up a failed pedant, and this is worse than illiterate grammar nazi.

[Linked Image]
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
In your opinion, he is disqualified.

What does that get you? If you are a resident of Alabama, it would have allowed you to vote for someone else other than Moore, and that's it. If you are not a resident of Alabama, it doesn't give you shit.

On the other hand, if Moore would have truly not been qualified to run for Senate, anyone in Alabama would have been able to have him removed from the ballot.

That is the difference between knowing the difference between qualified and unqualified. I have that going for me. You don't.

Owain ab Arawn
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Owain, it is good thing you don't have any credibility left to damage, or this episode would have severely diminished it. Especially cringe-worthy is your follow up with 'oh but you can't vote there, so your opinion doesn't matter'. You admitted you can't either and this didn't stop you from voicing your opinion on this subject.

[Linked Image]
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
At least my posts are of some functional use that can be applied by anyone from any state with respect to those running for office, Senate, or otherwise. If a candidate is not qualified by law, anyone from within the affected jurisdiction can have that candidate removed from the ballot.

You, on the other hand, have succeeded in expending many words that in the final analysis, are of no value to anyone. Really, what have you accomplished? "Vote for the candidate you like best", which is what people will be doing anyway.

I think that is a useful rule of thumb that can be applied to liberalism in general. A lot of talk, but in the end, nothing of use.

Last edited by Owain; 12/17/17 03:01 PM.

Owain ab Arawn
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted by Sini
Disqualify
[dis-kwol-uh-fahy]

verb (used with object), disqualified, disqualifying.
1. to deprive of qualification or fitness; render unfit *; incapacitate.
2. to deprive of legal, official, or other rights or privileges;** declare ineligible or unqualified.
3. Sports. to deprive of the right to participate in or win a contest because of a violation of the rules.

* What I am talking about.
** What you are talking about.

If you are going for pedantic argument, at least make sure you are on a solid ground first. Otherwise you end up a failed pedant, and this is worse than illiterate grammar nazi.

"That alone disqualifies him for being a senator."

You said it disqualifies him from a senator. It doesn't. In your opinion he shouldn't be a senator based on what you think a senator should be.
Votes are how they can or cannot be a senator. Opinion and law can be confusing for some.
The facts are he can be. Only a few things disqualify a person from being a senator and all your examples do not apply.

You are taking butthurt to a new level.

This is how SJW's argue.

Please go on to another useless topic.

KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Sini, you miss the entire point of my comment about not being able to vote in the jurisdiction. My point was that I really didn't support Moore as a candidate for Senate. Why should I? I can't vote for him, and he wouldn't represent me even if he were elected.

Assuming you aren't a legal voter in Alabama, neither can you, so what have you accomplished other than a demonstration of ignorance?

What I do oppose is jackwagons saying silly things that simply aren't true. Such as your foolish statement that Moore is unqualified to serve in the Senate.

Statements contrary to fact should always be contradicted.

So consider yourself contradicted.

Owain ab Arawn
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Discord Administrator
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Discord Administrator
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
Out of curiosity, do you think someone should be elected to the Senate of this country that defies federal court orders, is an extreme homophobe, who harks back to the days where slavery existed, and who is more than likely a sexual predator.

I am asking for your opinion, don't try and deflect.

KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
I would probably not vote for such a person, but that still doesn't mean the person is unqualified.

Words have meaning, and with respect to the Senate, the qualifications for serving in the Senate are clearly defined.

Owain ab Arawn
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Page 22 of 24 1 2 20 21 22 23 24

Moderated by  Derid 

Link Copied to Clipboard