KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 29 guests, and 26 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Devan Omega
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
1,987,444 Trump card
1,324,088 Picture Thread
473,917 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 21 of 24 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 24
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
The qualifications necessary to serve in the Senate, for anyone who doesn't know.

No Person shall be a Senator who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty Years, and been nine Years a Citizen of the United States, and who shall not, when elected, be an Inhabitant of that State for which he shall be chosen.

Constitution of the United States, Article 1, Section 3, Clause 3.

Last edited by Owain; 12/15/17 09:04 AM.

To the everlasting glory of the infantry...

Owain ab Arawn
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Sini Offline OP
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Not that you will read this, but here is article explaining why Moore would have been disqualified from any public office:

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/09/the-lawlessness-of-roy-moore/541467/

Small wonder that, in 2016, the chief justice directed Alabama probate judges to ignore the Supreme Court’s recent decision legalizing same-sex marriages and to continue enforcing the state’s ban on such unions by denying marriage licenses to same-sex couples. Once more, he was brought up on judicial-ethics charges and, in September of last year, was suspended from office.

As a judge, you don't get to decide that you don't like some laws and ignore them.

Weren't you just recently attacking Hillary for emails, because what she did was against the law? How do you reconcile that stand with support for Moore?

[Linked Image]
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
I don't support Moore to the extent that as he was running for Senate in Alabama, and as such, that was none of my business, as I can't vote in the state of Alabama. That is only the business of the residents of the state, and they decided not to elect him.

Others for whom it was none of their business decided to lie about Moore. I dislike liars, so I offered facts instead of lies.

Liberals would be better off if only they wouldn't lie so much out of rank partisanship.

Owain ab Arawn
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
I rechecked the Constitution, and you are still wrong. Moore remains qualified to serve in the Senate according to the highest law in the land. Your opinion still doesn't carry the force of law.

Last edited by Owain; 12/16/17 07:18 AM.

Owain ab Arawn
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Unsurprisingly, you are being your usual dense self.

Would you hire an ex-plumber that was repeatedly fired for incompetence to write plumbing standards?

[Linked Image]
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Again, for those slow in the uptake, since I can't vote in Alabama, it's none of my business.

But you spoke of qualifications. By law, Moore remains qualified for those who can legally vote in Alabama. Whether they would vote for him or not (and it was a close vote) depends on factors unrelated to his legal qualifications.

If he were truly unqualified to run, that would have been the first challenge to his candidacy, don't you think?

Last edited by Owain; 12/16/17 08:57 AM.

Owain ab Arawn
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted by Sini
Not that you will read this, but here is article explaining why Moore would have been disqualified from any public office:

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/09/the-lawlessness-of-roy-moore/541467/

Small wonder that, in 2016, the chief justice directed Alabama probate judges to ignore the Supreme Court’s recent decision legalizing same-sex marriages and to continue enforcing the state’s ban on such unions by denying marriage licenses to same-sex couples. Once more, he was brought up on judicial-ethics charges and, in September of last year, was suspended from office.

As a judge, you don't get to decide that you don't like some laws and ignore them.

Weren't you just recently attacking Hillary for emails, because what she did was against the law? How do you reconcile that stand with support for Moore?

For someone who talks a lot about politics, you are a little dense when it comes to the finer points. There is nothing stopping him or anyone from being elected to the office of an Senator in the federal level.
In fact you can be a convicted felon and be elected. As a matter of fact you can be a convicted felon and still be in prison and get elected.
Instead of starting arguments over assumed facts like usual, try some critical thinking.

Even Hillary knows this.

Last edited by Helemoto; 12/16/17 05:04 PM.
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
I am not sure why are you trying to turn this discussion into annual pedantic meeting of pedants.

When I spoke about candidate's qualifications and you retort about constitutional qualifiers, you are intentionally talking past my points.

Sure, constitutionally, he is qualified. Nobody spoke about this until you brought it up.

However, there is a very clear questions of competency. That you are trying to dodge by willfully misunderstanding what I said.

[Linked Image]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted by Sini
I am not sure why are you trying to turn this discussion into annual pedantic meeting of pedants.

When I spoke about candidate's qualifications and you retort about constitutional qualifiers, you are intentionally talking past my points.

Sure, constitutionally, he is qualified. Nobody spoke about this until you brought it up.

However, there is a very clear questions of competency. That you are trying to dodge by willfully misunderstanding what I said.

You Said "Separately, if you believe in rule of law, there is lots of lawlessness. He disregarded court ruling on multiple occasions. That alone disqualifies him for being a senator."

So you brought it up. Nice deflection.
You said certain things disqualifies him. You have been corrected and are now butt hurt.

KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
The Constitution represents the highest law in the land. If you believe in the rule of law, you would accept that regardless of your mistaken opinion, Moore remains qualified to serve if he were ever elected.

Words have meaning, and the points you have brought up have no bearing upon his qualifications under the law.

Owain ab Arawn
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Page 21 of 24 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 24

Moderated by  Derid 

Link Copied to Clipboard