KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 6 guests, and 27 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Devan Omega
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
1,986,836 Trump card
1,323,918 Picture Thread
473,873 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 20 of 22 1 2 18 19 20 21 22
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Interesting what you can do with statistics. And here from a different perspective.

Originally Posted by Washington Post
Using their preferred method, they calculated that workers' earnings increased by $5.54 a week on average because of the minimum wage. Using other methods, the researchers found that the minimum wage hike actually caused total weekly earnings to drop -- by as much as $5.22 a week.

Looks like taking the difference between these two outcomes gives you roughly a net gain of 32 cents per week (which is likely well within the margin of error). WOW.

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]
Sini Offline OP
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
I personally won't enjoy when the mob drags me out of my hilltop house, but at least I will know exactly why. While some of you will keep wondering how this could have happened all the way until the rope snaps around your neck.

This can't end well. Not even if you hoard guns and ammo.

[Linked Image]
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Originally Posted by Sini
I personally won't enjoy when the mob drags me out of my hilltop house, but at least I will know exactly why. While some of you will keep wondering how this could have happened all the way until the rope snaps around your neck.

The key is to live somewhere where all your neighbors also hoard guns and ammo [thumbsup}

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Originally Posted by Derid
The key is to live somewhere where all your neighbors also hoard guns and ammo [thumbsup}

I enjoy more living in Texas nearly every day.

KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Originally Posted by Sini

I'm not sure you will. As best I can tell, you believe that it is a fundamental problem of the haves vs. the have-nots. I think that is a manufactured dichotomy created by those in power to distract the masses from what is being done in D.C. "on their behalf". It wasn't that long ago in this country that the have-nots looked at the haves and said, "one day I can get there too". Now they watch, on their giant flat screen TVs, other have-nots (and the self righteous children of haves) throw temper tantrums and complain about how terrible their lot in life is, "If only that guy was forced to give me some of his money, all my problems would be solved." Never once realizing that they are being manipulated by the political powers that be. Who, through programs lauded to "help," have succeeded in removing any concept of responsibility, the ownership of which leads to the feelings of success and accomplishment that used to empower people to strive for more. It is a sad, sad day in America and it is painful to watch the only real beacon of hope for the entire world fading away.

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
You can't talk about responsibility when all you have to work with is circumstances.

That is, American Dream is dead. There are no opportunities to hard work, and hard work doesn't get you ahead. Class mobility at all times low, middle class is shrinking by sliding into poverty, and productivity gains almost exclusively go to 1% controlling capital. This is not a rhetorical turn of phrase, rather a hard cold facts backed by a lot of data.

That is, if the middle class was an index fund, it would be flat since mid 70s with occasional drops during downturns. In other words, a very poor investment.

[Linked Image]
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
If class mobility is low, it's because too many people want something for nothing.

That's not how it has ever worked.

To the everlasting glory of the infantry...

Owain ab Arawn
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Originally Posted by Owain
If class mobility is low, it's because too many people want something for nothing.

That's not how it has ever worked.

If you want to blame people in general, blame their voting habits and general comprehension of the consequences of not caring about politics or principles of good governance, and looking the other way while both major parties sell us all down a river.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
There will never be equality of outcome until there is equality of effort.

Many people never even take advantage of the FREE education that is available to all, and don't even finish high school.

Get back to me when that milestone is accomplished, and we can consider the next milestone.

To the everlasting glory of the infantry...

Owain ab Arawn
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Originally Posted by Owain
There will never be equality of outcome until there is equality of effort.

Many people never even take advantage of the FREE education that is available to all, and don't even finish high school.

Get back to me when that milestone is accomplished, and we can consider the next milestone.

You are off in space, no one is talking about equality of outcomes.

Middle class stats are mostly inclusive of people with college degrees. No one is talking about High School dropouts.

So you are saying that before even beginning to worry about the cesspool of corruption and idiocy holding the country back, we should make sure everyone finishes high school? Really?

Once again, LOL

Page 20 of 22 1 2 18 19 20 21 22

Moderated by  Derid 

Link Copied to Clipboard