KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 70 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Stealth Hawk
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,027,385 Trump card
1,339,567 Picture Thread
478,260 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 14
Kaotic #139848 02/23/17 01:49 PM
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Bankers 2 22 46 22 8
Journalists 4 19 34 23 18
Lawyers 3 15 45 26 11

Wow, journalists really are down there with bankers and lawyers.

ouch.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
Kaotic #139853 02/23/17 09:37 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Ethics are important, which is why many journalists fall below pimps in the hierarchy of things. Many have none.

To the everlasting glory of the infantry...

Owain ab Arawn
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Owain #139861 02/24/17 08:28 AM
KGB Discord Administrator
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: Owain
Ethics are important, which is why many journalists fall below pimps in the hierarchy of things. Many have none.

proof? sources? or is this just a feels thing?

Kaotic #139862 02/24/17 08:46 AM
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
I think that the election of President Trump is an indicator. The media called Hillary 'inevitable', and held her coronation a year before the election.

Voters in most states scorned that idea and elected Trump instead.

If the press were held in high regard, you would think they would have had greater influence.

Last edited by Owain; 02/24/17 09:02 AM.

Owain ab Arawn
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Kaotic #139863 02/24/17 10:45 AM
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
To be honest, people self-selecting their media had something to do with Trump. It also would have had something to do with Hillary had she won.

People trust journalists that agree with them, and that is a problem when the only journalists they trust are the ones that agree with them.

Yes, many segments of the MSM have done a horrible job, prompting and guiding people to the new echo chamber status quo. That still doesn't make the fact that many people seek out what they want to hear and then believe what they want any less of a major problem.

It will be interesting to see if people hang on to Trump, despite the fact he is proving himself completely incompetent and dangerous at best, and a literal foreign agent of our demise at worst. My guess is that they will, because the other "side" is really no better when its all said and done, but still, it is mind boggling how terrifyingly corrupt and stupid the Trump administration is proving.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
Kaotic #139869 02/24/17 02:12 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Speaking of echo chambers, you must not be talking to many conservatives. Trump is keeping all the campaign promises upon which he was elected. For what my opinion is worth, I think so far he has done a fantastic job, and better than I had expected.

Owain ab Arawn
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Kaotic #139870 02/24/17 02:40 PM
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
LOL the President got so triggered by Journalists he banned CNN, NYT, LAT, BuzzFeed News and Politico from White House gaggles. Straight out the dictator handbook.

*Edit I forgot to add they barred the BBC as well as a few others.

The NYT a fucking newspaper that has won 119 Pulitzer's.

Yes I indeed would like to talk about Echo chambers.

Last edited by Goriom; 02/24/17 02:51 PM.
Kaotic #139871 02/24/17 02:47 PM
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

Depends on the sub-group of conservative.

And yeah, lots of people do think he is doing just great so far. The problem lies between their perception and reality.

Plenty of idiocy in Trumplandia, but a couple bits from the past week that made me grind my teeth:

First, FCC rollback of transparency rules. Now, part blame goes to crappy journalists for this bit, because they usually aren't terribly clear on the issue (with some exceptions) and roll it all up into the "net neutrality" umbrella when reporting on the issue. Well, the parts that Trumpland is targeting thus far aren't the "neutrality" bits that many principled conservatives object to, that might force ISPs to operate in a certain manner, but rather, the regulations that basically try and put limits on fraud and deceptive practices. The parts that require some transparency in telling people what they are actually getting.

This is not a conservative move, it is a crony move.

Second, is talk about the war on weed firing up again. Whether from a states rights perspective, or a common sense perspective, theres absolutely no good reason whatsoever to waste a single federal dime or man-hour on people smoking weed. The so-called drug war failed even worse than prohibition, availability was never an issue - even at the heights of the drug war. All it ever did was waste countless dollars, and empower the most crooked practices in "law enforcement" Sure, because it was a Reagan thing, some self-identifying conservatives still are all gung ho about it, living in some long debunked fantasy that sending SWAT teams after potheads is going to somehow bring back the imaginary 50's in their head that never really existed, but the states rights angle should have any constitutional conservative up in arms.

Taking shit that never worked, everyone has realized doesn't work, then doubling down on it is incompetent at best.

Thats just the tip of the iceberg.

Meh.

Kaotic #139872 02/24/17 03:05 PM
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
“It's going to get worse every day for the media,” Bannon said, insisting that the “corporatist” media would continue to see Trump pursue exactly the sort of economic nationalism that journalism allegedly despises. Then he added this call to arms: “If you think they are giving you your country back without a fight, you are sadly mistaken.”

Its simple, Trump under Bannon's guidance is going to slowly turn the right wing news media into a right wing propaganda machine. In return these right wing media outlets must never report anything negative about the president. What Trump will give them is priority access to the White House and breaking stories.

Also I want to add this article. I find it quite interesting.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-...m=.1407ebff617f

Last edited by Goriom; 02/24/17 03:12 PM.
Kaotic #139877 02/24/17 06:15 PM
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
That's some interesting info on the WP link, still, I wish they'd included a deeper slicing of the data. For example, MSNBC info might be skewed due to Morning Joe outlier for example, which AFAIK is actually pretty popular with moderates that lean conservative. Not that I think they are being deceptive here, it would just be interesting. Theres a lot more that could be gleaned, but I doubt Pew has the deep dive publicly accessible - that stuff usually costs $$.

Also, I note that the data is from 2014. What would be interesting is to see is an updated graph for the Trump era, then examine the recent tone of the various outlets to cross reference with their audience ideological drift over time. With the right data, you could get a pretty good idea of which conservative demographics were drifting towards or away from Trump - much more accurately I think than you could via direct polling, where so many people are programmed to think in dichotomies - in other words, people still comparing Trump to Hillary, when it comes time to answer questions from a stranger.

Page 5 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 14

Moderated by  Derid 

Link Copied to Clipboard