KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 29 guests, and 26 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Devan Omega
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
1,987,444 Trump card
1,324,088 Picture Thread
473,917 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Taxman Offline OP
KGB Supreme Knight
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
I am going to try and do a meeting on Sunday Oct 23rd, 1PM Eastern.

If you can't make Sunday - shoot me a PM what you are thinking about and your thoughts and I will bring them up in the meeting.

Anyone whom wants to add something to the agenda - please shoot me a PM here on on KGB-Slack before the meeting.

Taxman

"Any group is weaker than a man alone unless they are perfectly trained to work together."
- Robert A. Heinlein, Starship Troopers
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
I will be there in all my brooding grouchy glory.

To the everlasting glory of the infantry...

Owain ab Arawn
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
It is my intent to be there as well. Not as grouchy as Owain anymore.

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
I have to work Saturday, and Sunday is in reserve, (in the event that EMC chassis upgrades & updates go south); *if* I don't have to work, then I'll be there.

- Wildcard / Tiernan
Taxman Offline OP
KGB Supreme Knight
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
After meeting notes and the follow-up VOTE have been posted.

The meeting notes are at: BDO Faction Notes (10/23/2016)

The Vote for KGB Members whom are participating in the BDO faction is here: BDO Faction Vote

NOTE: The VOTE will be live for 1 week to allow ANY player members to get their vote in (until Midnight 30 Oct).

Taxman

"Any group is weaker than a man alone unless they are perfectly trained to work together."
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB Star Citizen Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB Star Citizen Faction
Regarding your TS and channel access. Alumni only have access to Non-faction channels unless the faction has setup their channels to allow them in there. Currently BDO does not allow Alumni to access the channels except the General Discussion channel which is set to join power of 20. Anything set to 25 or high requires KGB Status to join, allies can't access that level either with a join power of 21. Visitors have a join power of 2 which restricts them to only the general lobby area.

Archeage is different as Romeo has allowed a join power of 20 so all allies and friendly guilds can join any channel. As I have allowed more access to creating and managing channels on the user end, I only check the channels every so often now, so it is up to the faction leadership to fix the issue or to notify me of any problems.

P.S. I am only informing you of your current settings and what you would have to do if you wanted to adjust/change anything.

Last edited by Zhou; 10/24/16 09:49 AM.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

KGB TS Server Administrator
KGB High Chancellor - Star Citizen
Taxman Offline OP
KGB Supreme Knight
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: Zhou
I am only informing you of your current settings and what you would have to do if you wanted to adjust/change anything.

Thanks Zhou - I will talk things over with the membership and officers and find out what they would like to do. Appreciate your support!

Taxman

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Quick follow-up bump to this thread - for those who have been voicing that they were not aware of, or invited to participate in, Discord.

Discord was openly discussed in the faction meeting, and was also documented clearly in Tax's meeting notes write-up.

Quote, from Tax's post, above:
"The meeting notes are at: BDO Faction Notes (10/23/2016) "

The BDO faction has been testing the use Discord instead of TeamSpeak for multiple reasons, including:
- Discord has much better sound quality than TS
- Discord has built in chat channels as well as voice channels (equivalent to running both TS & Slack in one application)
- Discord was the chosen application by BDO, and has dedicated World Boss channels, etc., that inform everyone when world bosses are hitting all instances, etc.

Last edited by Wildcard; 11/13/16 06:02 PM.

- Wildcard / Tiernan
Taxman Offline OP
KGB Supreme Knight
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
Thanks for the synopsis Wildcard.

Yes, per that meeting I setup a "test" channel for KGB-BDO on Discord. Just a couple folks at first and then open invitation via the link provided in the meeting notes. This IS for BDO Faction Only and only a "TEST" at this point. BDO players are not REQUIRED to use Discord, but were encouraged to give it a try because there will be a vote on it starting this week.

As Wildcard mentioned, there are quite a few good features of Discord for BDO - specifically the World Boss channels/etc. I can also send a message out to ALL members via PM (for announcements/etc) which is nice for the BDO Officers and myself. Since it is not just an application, but web/phone enabled (like Slack) people have OPTIONS to connect/contribute from work or while mobile (vs just in-app Teamspeak).

If you want to give it a shot, follow the link provided in the meeting notes. I would recommend using the APP download for your gaming PC and run it as admin (like TeamSpeak) it needs to have the admin access to connect your PTT key through to the BDO app (which is also run as admin). If you have any questions/problems - let me know. Once you connect an officer can give you roles to go into the BDO channel (it has security roles like TeamSpeak).

Taxman

Link Copied to Clipboard