KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 6 guests, and 27 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Devan Omega
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
1,986,836 Trump card
1,323,918 Picture Thread
473,873 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#138607 10/16/16 07:58 PM
Zombiez Offline OP
Former KGB Member
OP Offline
Former KGB Member
The guild has not rly grown in numbers or activity IMO , for the most part it is the same 5-6 pplz on durring the weekend.
i have not rly seen a push to expand the guild with force so we can all have people to play with when we are on. I myself can go all of monday and tuesday with only seeing 1 maybe 2 guildies log in at all. with this being my weekend , it is getting very depressing that in BDO i have to stay in something that again IMO is not progressing. im not talking down about the guild but i play 2 days a week and feel my gear as well as my funds and even my LVL are progressing faster than most of the guild.

for this reason i am asking that the guild status be reconsidered to go back to open status , i love my KGB members but it is not were i feel is best for me IN BDO , but i RLY dont want to have to remove myself from the community just over BDO guild.

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Just my 2cents here and IMO.

We have picked up a few KGB members, unfortunately not as many as I had hoped we would. We currently have 36 players on the roster; 6 of which are conscripts. If we could get 30+ people actively fielded/playing - we could certainly have more PVP fun; not sure if that would fall on your "days off" however.

Regarding your play-times, certainly it is a challenge to find active players on 2 days a week (during day time) - but our membership does have stronger numbers on Fri-Sun, likely due to work schedules. Certainly a lot more than 5-6 of the "same people" on the weekend that you are referring to. There IS a push to expand the guild - but that isn't the responsibility for one or two people to do; it is everyone. Have you done any active recruiting, if not.. what's your excuse?

I do admit - BDO is getting a bit depressing; all we see are folks still clinging onto Arche Age and looking forward with dreamy eyes to "games of the future". Why we don't have more solid representation from our KGB brothers/sisters.... I dunno, certainly seems like a problem of KGB itself - not the fact that the BDO faction is "closed".

BDO has a lot of great things IN it right now; ocean combat coming, and other things that folks are waiting for. No reason they couldn't START and begin getting gear leveled/etc - but for apparently their own reasons, they either sit on the sidelines or keep dreaming about other games. To be honest; it seems if KGB members put more time and effort into actually playing a game TOGETHER instead of continually flip/flopping between possible titles (then calling them "crap" and moving on) - we might have the ability to represent in a game. Certainly EVERY game doesn't appeal to everyone; or have EVERY feature that people want or look for in a game. Doesn't mean they are all "CRAP" either.

Regarding progressing - not to get into a "penis" competition.. but you aren't the only one with gear, nor the only one working on gear/leveling. We have a lot of Knights working hard on their gear - so what you are saying there is more than unfounded - but rather insulting to them. What are you looking for, or is the reason you want the faction declared open is that you have already found somewhere else that you want to spend your 2 days a week playing?

Taxman

"Any group is weaker than a man alone unless they are perfectly trained to work together."
- Robert A. Heinlein, Starship Troopers
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
There are folks traveling right now, getting in some last minute Indian Summer time before winter closes in. Vuldan noted the same thing in another thread, but for current BDO KGB folks, I think it just a temporary lull.

For wider KGB participation, I am less optimistic. We have neither the necessary high level support nor participation we need to motivate the fence sitters, even when free trial accounts are offered.

As Tax says, we have 36 in the roster, and is all we can expect for now, other than adds from those we recruit ourselves. Let's figure out what can be done with the bodies we have, and recruit where we can.

What can be done with alliances? I am not sure if game mechanics support alliances well, but I don't want another situation as we had with Lethality. Either KGB, or not at all.

To the everlasting glory of the infantry...

Owain ab Arawn
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Zombiez Offline OP
Former KGB Member
OP Offline
Former KGB Member
Originally Posted By: Taxman

We have picked up a few KGB members, unfortunately not as many as I had hoped we would. We currently have 36 players on the roster; 6 of which are conscripts. If we could get 30+ people actively fielded/playing - we could certainly have more PVP fun; not sure if that would fall on your "days off" however.

Regarding your play-times, certainly it is a challenge to find active players on 2 days a week (during day time) - but our membership does have stronger numbers on Fri-Sun, likely due to work schedules. Certainly a lot more than 5-6 of the "same people" on the weekend that you are referring to. There IS a push to expand the guild - but that isn't the responsibility for one or two people to do; it is everyone. Have you done any active recruiting, if not.. what's your excuse?

I do admit - BDO is getting a bit depressing; all we see are folks still clinging onto Arche Age and looking forward with dreamy eyes to "games of the future". Why we don't have more solid representation from our KGB brothers/sisters.... I dunno, certainly seems like a problem of KGB itself - not the fact that the BDO faction is "closed".

BDO has a lot of great things IN it right now; ocean combat coming, and other things that folks are waiting for. No reason they couldn't START and begin getting gear leveled/etc - but for apparently their own reasons, they either sit on the sidelines or keep dreaming about other games. To be honest; it seems if KGB members put more time and effort into actually playing a game TOGETHER instead of continually flip/flopping between possible titles (then calling them "crap" and moving on) - we might have the ability to represent in a game. Certainly EVERY game doesn't appeal to everyone; or have EVERY feature that people want or look for in a game. Doesn't mean they are all "CRAP" either.

Regarding progressing - not to get into a "penis" competition.. but you aren't the only one with gear, nor the only one working on gear/leveling. We have a lot of Knights working hard on their gear - so what you are saying there is more than unfounded - but rather insulting to them. What are you looking for, or is the reason you want the faction declared open is that you have already found somewhere else that you want to spend your 2 days a week playing?

While i do so enjoy the moderate hostility , im not going to get into it, the fact that every night i log in (even when its for a small amount other than my 2 days , yes this includes weekends) there is a very limited selection of pplz to play with and with that said even less who dont have there single minded play style.And as for the nice comment about maybe i have found another place to spend my " 2 days" , no i havnt cuz we are closed faction so im not looking , just getting m,ore fed up with as Owain put it the Lull , that imo is not just Temp , this has been something more or less that has been happening since day 1. I do not feel that KGB in BDO is even moderatly expanding , while i love most of the players who are on throughout the week , this is a very very small community in BDO that as of now to me feels more like a large group Vs a guild.
I simply wanted to request the status be changed due to this, didnt need the hostility thats coming across in your text.

Last edited by Zombiez; 10/17/16 08:12 PM. Reason: missed some text
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
I didn't read it as hostility, but rather I read it as a very natural opposition by a faction High Chancellor to a destructive suggestion affecting his faction, a suggestion that in my opinion is not supported by the rest of the active BDO KGB membership.

Don't take it personally.

Owain ab Arawn
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
I'm torn on the subject, so I've been reluctant to post.

On the one hand, I would hate to see additional guild bleeding occur - especially after hearing about what happened prior to my joining up with the BDO crew.

On the other hand, I would hate to see someone have to choose between being miserable and/or quitting a game vs. losing their knighthood over not being happy in a game which they are trying to still enjoy. I, personally, don't envision a combination of playing the game outside of KGB = being happy, but that's just me. Everyone has different goals, and a different sense of enjoyment. Ultimately, at the end of the day, this is a game - games are things that we play to have fun.

Unfortunately, we seem to be having a tough time finding games that meet the majority of the members criteria of "fun" these days. I apologize that I have no constructive suggestions to offer toward the goal of making the increasingly-discriminating populaces' interest and fun levels align with ANY current game.

I'm, personally, happy with the current BDO crew - but I greatly prefer a smaller, close-knit crew to the heavily-recruiting/revolving-door membership scenarios such as some of the previous games that I've been a part of. It would be great to have some additional members join in on the fun, but shy of the Naval Battle additions, I'm not certain what will sway other people's interest/disinterest.

According to the date on Jet's post, the faction closed on "09/04/2016". It's now 10/18 - it wouldn't hurt to revisit what was accomplished by closing the faction, what didn't pan out, how the participating members feel about the current faction, and what needs to be done going forward.

- Wildcard / Tiernan
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
Originally Posted By: Zombiez
Originally Posted By: Taxman

While i do so enjoy the moderate hostility , im not going to get into it, the fact that every night i log in (even when its for a small amount other than my 2 days , yes this includes weekends) there is a very limited selection of pplz to play with and with that said even less who dont have there single minded play style.And as for the nice comment about maybe i have found another place to spend my " 2 days" , no i havnt cuz we are closed faction so im not looking , just getting m,ore fed up with as Owain put it the Lull , that imo is not just Temp , this has been something more or less that has been happening since day 1. I do not feel that KGB in BDO is even moderatly expanding , while i love most of the players who are on throughout the week , this is a very very small community in BDO that as of now to me feels more like a large group Vs a guild.
I simply wanted to request the status be changed due to this, didnt need the hostility thats coming across in your text.

I didn't see this as hostility either, so let me weigh in. A) It can be revisited, with respect to the faction status, but it has not really been long enough to evaluate.

B) I wont get into the penis contest, everyone wants to do their thing for their class, its natural in this kind of environment. I also note that anytime I have needed folks to help me or play with or level grind, they have been there.

C) How will it being an open faction change any of this? You will leave KGB to go play with another guild, without losing KGB status is the ONLY benefit. That does not help KGB.

D) I cant explain why more people don't play BDO. I personally think it is a deep, involved game and a lot of fun. But KGB has a history of being fickle, and game jumping like its all there is in life.

I hate to see you do this Zombie. I can't help but feel it is spurred on by many things, the least of which is you want your way, and the guild isn't going that way. Not a good mix sometimes, but I have been there.

The rules are pretty cut and dry, as I told you in another thread, you cant "temporarily" drop and come back. It's a closed faction, you are KGB or you are ex KGB.

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
He can choose not to play BDO and remain a KGB Knight, but if he drops his tag and joins another guild, he will be drummed out for cause.

I do not see a third way under KGB law

Last edited by Owain; 10/19/16 10:39 PM.

Owain ab Arawn
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
Originally Posted By: Owain
He can choose not to play BDO and remain a KGB Knight, but if he drops his tag and joins another guild, he will be drummed out for cause.

I do not see a third way under KGB law

True, but that is not what he wants here, I know he enjoys BDO and has been very successful at gearing and the other aspects of the game.

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
I want to be rich and spend all my time doing only what I want but we don't always get what we want.

In a different time and place I once walked away from KGB because I felt we were compromising our values for PVP prowess, the world turns the clock ticks, and things change....Zombie just has to decide what means the most to him....it can be tough but that's how it is sometimes.

Link Copied to Clipboard