KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 29 guests, and 26 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Devan Omega
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
1,987,444 Trump card
1,324,088 Picture Thread
473,917 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
The KGB Black Desert Online Faction NEEDS YOU!

Preface by High King JetStar
Content by BDO High Chancellor Taxman and the membership of the BDO Faction.

Preface:
The BDO faction has been a challenge and a real roller coaster ride. Many old issues regarding KGB factions, recruiting, and open vs closed have had to be revisited. We are working on some changes in the Senate that should give factions a better start. Despite the all the challenges, KGB BDO and its core membership have been steadfast in their tenacity and passion for the game. These qualities represent the best of KGB, and I hope each of you will read this post in it's entirety. There are some great testimonials from some of our original members. Thank you for your attention.

KGB Black Desert Online Faction

Our faction and the game itself had a bit of a rough start coming out of Beta. The addition of Node Wars and Valencia expansion came a bit slower than folks expected/wanted. But both are in-game now and working very well. The North American version has the whaling portion and updated fishing has also been added now (ahead of schedule). The developers have said they will be releasing the first “Awakening Weapons” and will come in the updates starting with Warriors within the next few weeks. During Gamescom over the past 2 weeks, the developers showed the naval combat and hinted that it will also be arriving “soon” (which is VERY exciting).

There are currently 21 Citizens playing under the KGB banner (+3 conscripts); we are no longer with Lethality and on our own now - so we are totally relying upon our own membership and recruiting to support us and grow. Starting next week, we are planning to begin taking nodes again at least on a 1 per week basis. In order to do this we are going to need some help! It is true that you can participate in Node Wars with as few as 10 players; however most active assaults/defenses are going to need 25-30 or more active and well-geared players on the field to hold the perimeter and push into the enemy's fortifications.

Many of our current players compare BDO to some of the best things they have seen in UO, ArcheAge, and other games - without so much aggravation/hassle. The game engine is stunning, the combat is very ACTIVE, there is a lot to fight for, and griefers that NEED to be dealt with - in true KGB style! Additionally, there are also many things attractive for the non-PVP and casual gamer in BDO, everything from taming/raising/breeding horses, trade skills, and crafting.

We have seen some of the former players coming back as well as some long-standing community members planning on giving BDO a shot and joining in with us. Whether you have tried the game in the past, or might like to give it try - NOW is the critical time to get involved! We need dedicated and excited members to help out, to bolster our ranks so that we can be victorious on the battlefields! So pick up your weapon (or tool) of choice - and join us in the fight!

----------

Taxman, High Chancellor

BDO is a fusion of many games from KGB’s past with a lot of open-world mechanics; put into a vast/beautiful game (without load screens or zones to load into). There are plenty of opportunities for us to come in, unite, and kick-ass old-school style in this game! Our players in game now have the knowledge to get you levelled up quickly and geared up effectively. The combat in this game is pretty amazing, no tab-targeting, no telegraphing (showing immersion breaking hit-boxes on the ground/etc), and there is definitely a level of skill and tactics involved. From boxing people in, shield walls, arrow barrages, cavalry charges, to siege weapons and artillery; all can play a part in a BDO battle!

KGB Brothers and Sisters at arms are standing by to assist you. There are many ways and options on how you can build your gear up, you can pick what works for you and run with it. There are plenty of opportunities for ALL types of players in BDO! JOIN US IN THE CHALLENGE and wave the KGB banner proudly!

--------

Owain ab Arawn, KGB Senator

In my estimation, Black Desert Online offers the KGB many game features that we have been waiting for. For nearly a decade since UO Siege Perilous, we have waited for a game that permits the enforcement of Player Justice. A game that offers large scale PvP. A game that supports the small unit combined arms tactics that was previously our stock in trade.

I think all this and more can be found in KGB BDO.

First, there are murderers roaming the lands just as there were red murderers in Ultima Online, preying on other players, totally unconcerned by BDO Karma game limitations. They are a blight that should be destroyed without mercy. One advantage we have in BDO that we did not have in UO is that there is no Recall spell permitting an easy escape. This always gave murderers the upper hand in UO. This is not the case in BDO. Once a KGB squad has identified a target, they can be pursued and destroyed.

Black Desert Online also offers the capability to conquer and hold territory and to reap benefits from that occupation. This is a welcome feature over many previous games with which the Great KGB Nation has been involved. That is one of the most challenging and rewarding end game features of BDO.

In support of Node War combat operations, there is also a role for the CKGB and KGB Knights who may want to have a casual play style, but still support wider KGB combat operations. There are guild gathering quests that supply not only necessary raw materials for the construction of fortifications, but also rank the guild up, thus granting significant buffs for all KGB guild members. As part of Node Wars, there is also a critical need for a KGB Corp of Engineers to build and repair fortifications during combat operations.

While the CKGB cannot directly craft gear for use by combat squads, food can be prepared to support Node defense and offense, supplying critical buffs necessary for both defenders and attackers, which includes infantry, cavalry, and ranged fire forces.

There is also a role that can be played with great effect by the KGB Secret Service. I have not heard much from this branch of the KGB for a number of years, but I know that on KGB UO Siege Perilous, they were responsible not only for espionage and infiltration operations to great effect, but also counter espionage operations. I can see enormous benefits from these operations on BDO.

I have offered my services to High Chancellor Taxman to help recruit, organize, train, and equip KGB units, both veteran and conscript, for service in combat operations to support KGB Faction interests in Black Desert Online.

All that is required is the willingness to serve.

“To the everlasting glory of the infantry…”
-- The Ballad of Rodger Young

“Come on, you sons of bitches, do you want to live forever?”
-- Sergeant Major Daniel Joseph Daly, USMC, Medal of Honor recipient (twice!)

---------------

Helemoto, Chancellor

We can’t make the heads roll without your help. BDO has something for everyone. PvP and PvE. This game has more to do then I have seen in a game to date. It fits casuals and hardcore. Would love to see more KGB give it a try. Node wars are live and seafaring is on the horizon. We would love to help level you up and get you up and running.

----------------

Wildcard, KGB Supreme Knight
AKA "thorn-in-Jet's-side" since 1997!

<For entertainment down memory-lane, scroll down to "Holiday's bring Unrest in KGB Goverment" --> http://w3.the-kgb.com/kgbnewsa/kgbnewsd98j99.htm >

What can I say that hasn't already been stated? Tax and crew talked me into leaving my usual fall-back lurking mode to join them in BDO. I played BDO in pre-release phases, pre-purchased, yadda-yadda, but never really got into the game upon release.

Since allowing myself to be talked into joining the BDO guild tag, I've really been enjoying the game - what a difference the familiar camaraderie makes vs. just soloing/duoing yet another mmo grind. I thought that I would be way behind everyone else, but have found that you can quickly catch up to viable levels to participate in all of the game content.

And to address the "P2W implementation" changes that some have been complaining about? All I can say is that it's obvious that the naysayers haven't played certain other games, because BDO doesn't even compare on the P2W scale. "Pay to enhance", "Pay to look stylish" and "Pay to speed things up a bit"? Certainly; if you so choose. P2W? Not that I'm seeing - I may not be able to stand toe-to-toe with those who have been developing their gear/stats since day one, but I'm also not out of contention to participate at all or join in the fun. If you want to pay to add functionality and speed things up, then go for it. If you don't want to pay a penny beyond the original purchase price, then I see nothing keeping you from working your way toward your goals with some good ’ol elbow-grease effort.

The guild is reforming, and the guild is going to have to strive to get back onto the first-page lists. Any contribution of effort would go a long way toward increasing the opportunities for more guild functions, butting-heads against the zergs, and increasing the battle-readiness of the guild. The Knights of Glory and Beer venture onto the various online venues to kick ass and chew bubblegum, and we've been out of bubblegum for over 20 years! (All of this is true: the Wrigley's plant, located a couple blocks from JetStar's house, closed down about ~20 years ago. <https://localwiki.org/santacruz/William_Wrigley_Jr._Company>)

/salute and toast
-Wildcard

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
I wish this faction the best of luck. It's not there fault when the publisher makes decisions based on what is going to give them short term fiscal gain in spite of long term deforestation in paying population.

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
I'm interested in playing based on this youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3YcOCjRG7w

If its all its says it is..I'd like to play.

"DOLOR TUUS QUAESTUM MEUM EST"
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: Vasdef
I'm interested in playing based on this youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3YcOCjRG7w

If its all its says it is..I'd like to play.

Actually - that was done a while ago, so they have even added a LOT more! I totally agree on all of his points, and I do especially love the COMBAT in BDO - it really IS awesome! Combat is a LOT more engaging than any other MMO I have played, no tab-targeting - or endlessly/mindlessly hitting 1..2...3...1..2..3...4

Hop into TeamSpeak and check if someone has a 7-day trial code and give it a shot; if not - PM me and we'll see if we can get one for you. Edan is the server we are on, if you have questions about classes/etc definitely pop into TeamSpeak and ask! We'll be glad to help you out!

Taxman

"Any group is weaker than a man alone unless they are perfectly trained to work together."
- Robert A. Heinlein, Starship Troopers
(G6) KGB Warlord
KGB Federal Faction
(G6) KGB Warlord
KGB Federal Faction
I have a 54 warrior with lots of extras for sale.

Fishing suit, costumes, and a bunch of credits left on it.

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Alternatively, I have also been researching BLESS Online as well. This is, in part, due to the fact that Black Desert has a few things that I was a little wary of as far as features I don't actually care for. This may or may bot apply to other people...just my Opinion. Here is the most recent info i could find on Bless: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OglpiMjX7o
Also a pretty good introduction to its features: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COwkAvPeZ4s

BDO vs BLESS

BDO's classes are gender locked. Bless's are not

BDO does not allow trading between players. Bless- unknown

BDO charges for the game and monthly subscription (unless I am mistaken) Bless is free to play (as I understand it).

Both are Korean

Both offer PVP and appear to be PVP oriented.

Both have similar (not identical) styles. BDO may be arguably better graphically.

Neither appear to have a "Western/USA" server or regional playability within the US (that I know of)

Though BDO seems to have the edge i initial character customization (Bodies/Faces) over BLESS; there seems to be little if ANY customization of gear (Weapons/clothing) You're pretty much stuck looking the same from 0-50. Bless offers only slightly less initial customization, but offers clothing and gear upgrades /look changes. Hey, even I like to change my underwear sometimes...

BDO is a GRIND. Bless...well probably, but I can't honestly say since I've played neither and I am basing this on information found online.

So is either worth it really?

"DOLOR TUUS QUAESTUM MEUM EST"
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
@ Donkleaps: Thanks - yes if ANYONE wants a head-start Donk has an account with stuff he can help ya with. PM him if interested to work out the details.

@ Vasdef: BDO vs BLESS (going through your questions from BDO side of things)

>> BDO's classes are gender locked. Bless's are not

BDO has pairs that are not gender locked (M/F): Wizard/Witch, Warrior/Valkyrie, Musa/Maewa, Ninja/Konoichi

and 4 that are gender locked: Ranger(F) Berserker(M) Tamer(F) Sorceress(F)

>> BDO does not allow trading between players. Bless- unknown

This is correct (to combat gold sellers); with the exception of Food and Potion (consumables). If you want to sell items, then they go through the Marketplace - there is a % cost of doing this, but the guild that holds the city/area is getting a % of all goods transactions. That is what guilds are fighting for!

>> BDO charges for the game and monthly subscription (unless I am mistaken) Bless is free to play (as I understand it).

BDO for North America charges for the game ($30/$50) and there is NOT a monthly subscription. In Korea/Russia/Japan it is free-to-play, but quite a few differences in game mechanics outside of that (require more pearl-store purchases), the North American and EU build is DIFFERENT from the rest of the markets for advancement and other things in-game. Although it is the "SAME" game.. it really isn't the same for NA/EU market which is pay up front and no monthly sub (with different game/pearl shop options).

>> Both are Korean

Indeed - but the NA/EU version of BDO (as mentioned above) is NOT the same as the Korean and other market's build.

>> Both offer PVP and appear to be PVP oriented.

True - there is a LOT to do in-game for BDO, so it is not 100% about PVP end-game. But there are not RAIDs/etc as in other games, they continue to add new content (without charge... *cough* no so from Blizzard). We have active "casual" folks that are enjoying what the game has to offer OUTSIDE of PVP, so certainly that is not the only thing that interests them in the game.

>> Both have similar (not identical) styles. BDO may be arguably better graphically.

True - both have an "oriental" backdrop; after watching BLESS videos... I am definitely glad I am in BDO! With a good to great gaming PC - BDO is pretty STUNNING graphically speaking! I love the attention to detail and animations, even weather affects and time of day (hunting monsters at night 10PM-7AM is more difficult and higher XP gains).

>> Neither appear to have a "Western/USA" server or regional playability within the US (that I know of)

There are 3 servers for North America, our client is LOCKED into those. As far as I know - they are "Eastern" time zone based, but I haven't heard any of the Western/USA folks mentioning connectivity/sync issues, so they may be in some sort of GOOGLE cloud/etc. I play out of HAST (Hawaiian) time zone, just about as WESTERN US as you can get; Zero problems for me!

>> Though BDO seems to have the edge i initial character customization (Bodies/Faces) over BLESS; there seems to be little if ANY customization of gear (Weapons/clothing) You're pretty much stuck looking the same from 0-50. Bless offers only slightly less initial customization, but offers clothing and gear upgrades /look changes. Hey, even I like to change my underwear sometimes...

This is how they are making $$ past initial purchase for North American market, the Pearl Shop. As Wildcard mentioned above; "pay to look nice" You can dye your gear many colors/combos and some gear may "look" different but without spending $$, you are correct the built-in-gear doesn't look fancy (as Owain can attest as he is still rocking his Warrior gear into the 50's). Pearl shop varies from taste to taste, currently the "specials" are some pretty crazy "sailor type" costumes - IMHO. Still, there are others available if you DONT want that "look".

>> BDO is a GRIND. Bless...well probably, but I can't honestly say since I've played neither and I am basing this on information found online.

At a certain level of ANY MMO... there is a grind. I suppose the advantage to BDO is that I can get you from 1-50 in a day or two, the leveling after that gets tougher, but can be helped with others/participation/grouping. It is true that I cannot help you level EVERYTHING in game - just your character level, gear and other skills are up to you to level.

>> So is either worth it really?

Absolutely - I (and other KGB folks) enjoy playing BDO. The other major difference that I saw from BDO vs Bless is the combat and in-game info. Combat is MUCH more visceral - perhaps not as graphic as Age of Conan was (with head-lopping finishing moves spraying blood) but when I am slashing at things there is blood sprayed on the screen/ground around my character as well as the character themselves. You do NOT see other people's levels at ALL in-game, unless they are RANKED on the server - so unless you are ranked - best not to mess with them! There are NO "Telegraphed" attacks (the hit-boxes in red or areas being affected/attacked) for PvP OR PvE attacks. If you see the mob/player preparing for an attack IN-GAME, best move away from the front/back/etc based on the attack.

As far as attacking you use Left/Right mouse WASD+Shift/Q/E/F keys for attacking or firing off specials, you can PUT icons on your bar for certain things - but mostly useful for consumables or things difficult to "trigger". A bit like MMO-Tekken (as the video below describes), so not a "lazy" combat system by any means (maybe this is a Positive/Negative depends on the player).

Here is a great video for the "action/combat" system:

Taxman

"Any group is weaker than a man alone unless they are perfectly trained to work together."
- Robert A. Heinlein, Starship Troopers
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
When are people going to quit looking for "THE GAME" in the next game down the line, for years now its been this next one is going to be great, the next one will have all we want, and then it falls short and its on to the next one. KGB's best gamers are the worst offenders, they attack betas like their lives depend on it then the game comes out and they play a little bit then are burned out and move on leaving behind a few players at every game who decide to stay. Now KGB is spread across more games than I care to list, when is the last time KGB really had any numbers or had real influence in a game? Games that have almost no player base do not count! Now everyone has a ton of money and hope invested in a space game that will never live up to the hype (none do), didn't a bunch of us have a decent amount in Garrets new game...not anymore and its not even out yet.

Look I like the people in KGB, some of the best gamers and people I have ever known online but lately(nice way of saying years) their really is no leadership from the top...oh we get faction leaders but I am talking about a single guild wide dedicated effort driven from the top down, not one attempting to be driven from the bottom up. It seems that KGB is a chat room where friends meet but don't really accomplish anything in games because everyone is doing their own thing and the truth is thats completely ok but if thats what KGB is then say so and quit talking up certain aspects of games that we are no longer capable of.

Tasorin what short term monetary gain? Packs, selling pearl items for game money....these really haven't had any affect on the game that I can tell. It was a bunch of bitching by people who forget games are made for making money period.

Vasdef wrong reply for this post....Tax was trying to drum up support for a faction not have a discussion about alternative games.

Look I am as guilty as anyone for game hopping, vanishing for weeks or longer and too many other faults to list but I honestly miss the days of guild wide effort directed at one goal, hell I miss gaming with the best gamers I know (of which I am not one).Change is the way of life but this change has not helped KGB in anyway, even though everyone may get along most of the time they are splintered across too many worlds and so have no real influence or significance in those worlds. Take a hard look at KGB now, an honest one and tell me I am wrong.

No I am not saying the answer is BDO, whats happening to BDO is just a symptom of the ill that plagues KGB.

Just my thoughts.

Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
Well stated Banshee. From what I can see, the grind is not extent if your talking leveling. I have played my Ninja for about 3 days, not really trying and am about to hit level 50.

BDO has something for everyone, and is actually as close to the UO type of experience, without recall, that has come along in awhile. Kinda, maybe. Th cash shop is mostly cosmetic. It is sure as hell isn't going to give you the high end gear and crap you can get through other games..and no gold selling, period. Don't need that anyway, you can easily make money in BDO, craft the end game gear with some work, and have a damn good time.

Banshee hits it pretty well. The rest is up to KGB to figure out, but one thing that would truly be of great value would be a return to our roots and focus on a few games in closed factions.

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Hey fellow KGB'ers I will give BDO a shot. Downloading now, gonna take a nap lol been playing WoW for like 2 days straight. I will be on tonight at some point, if someone could point me to what I need to set up for voice coms and anything else I will forever in your debt :) I have nothing but time on my hands these days so i will probably play pretty hardcore. Look forward to seeing you all tonight..

Hydro

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  JetStar 

Link Copied to Clipboard