KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 29 guests, and 26 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Devan Omega
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
1,987,444 Trump card
1,324,088 Picture Thread
473,917 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#137635 07/29/16 05:09 AM
(GM5) KGB King
KGB Federal Faction
OP Offline
(GM5) KGB King
KGB Federal Faction
For those who aren't around regularly I am posting this so you all know whats currently going on with the pirate faction.

When we first arrived (for those of us who came immediately) we were doing DGS, Abyssal and contesting Kraken with Salt and Barcode. After about one week, Salt, Barcode and KGB sat down to discuss our plans moving forward in regard to the Pirate faction and the possibility of Disaster coming.

During said meeting, there was a large breakdown between Panda (the GM of Salt) and Tatia (the GM of Barcode.) Tatia was asked to give his opinion as to what we were doing wrong or what could be done better. Tatia pretty much put a lot of the blame on Panda and his officers, their leading style, calls at events, etc.

From that point on Barcode decided that they were going to stay and work on their small-group/guild tactics and they had mainly agreed they no longer wanted to just go out and contest content, which is why you began seeing Barcode make Barcode only raids.

Yet another week had passed and Disaster made their post about coming to Nazar. Salt, over that week began breaking down as they had some internal strife issues, some members quit Salt and joined Barcode and some Salt (a large portion of them) have transferred off the server to Tahyang, with more to follow.

So at this point, which leads us up to yesterday, Salt was almost a ghost of a guild with people dropping and transferring off daily and KGB and Barcode were each doing our own things; however, we were still helping each other in PvP and things like Abyssal.

Yesterday, Barcode had a guild meeting and have come to the conclusion that they will also be transferring off of Nazar in 2 weeks giving reasons as to they just want PvP (but apparently not when it involves World Content.) Over this time, they will be hostile to everyone and they will mainly be ignoring world content (except for Abyssal.)

So in roughly 2 weeks, the Pirate Faction on Nazar will only be KGB. This all pretty much happened last night (in reference to Barcode) and based on their responses, you can expect them to pick and choose when to randomly attack and when not to. IE. Be mindful of Growlgate, Fish turn-in, pack turn-in, Abyssal island, etc. as Barcode has declared they will no longer be friendly with anyone on the server, including pirates, from yesterday until they transfer off in 2 weeks.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
[Linked Image from the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
KGB Discord Administrator
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Discord Administrator
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
Ahh what a mess! What does this mean exactly for KGB? Will you stay the course as pirates? has there been talk about transferring else where?

I haven't been all that active but I have transferred to Nazar and was wondering if I should go pirate or stay Nuian in case you guys decide to turn back. Also what would it mean for KGB if Disaster comes to Nazar?

(GM5) KGB King
KGB Federal Faction
OP Offline
(GM5) KGB King
KGB Federal Faction
Originally Posted By: Goriom
Ahh what a mess! What does this mean exactly for KGB? Will you stay the course as pirates? has there been talk about transferring else where?

I haven't been all that active but I have transferred to Nazar and was wondering if I should go pirate or stay Nuian in case you guys decide to turn back. Also what would it mean for KGB if Disaster comes to Nazar?

We had always assumed Disaster was coming to Nazar; our original plan was to come here and work on our group and guild tactics as we had become complacent on Ollo with doing nothing but world events. In addition, we were going to work with Salt and Barcode as Pirates to give Nazar an active pirate faction (as they already have a very active East and with Disaster a very stacked West); however, it seems they have since changed their minds and will be leaving.

We have not had any discussion, officers or members about what this means (if anything) for us or what people want to do and we will most likely have a meeting over the weekend about it, but at this time we are still playing on Nazar and still running as pirates. If we became forced to flip back West it would alienate some of the KGB who have East characters but are now full Knights so again I would hold another guild meeting before that even became a consideration.

Long-story-short; everyone be on your toes and be prepared for combat at all times. (Also, maybe dont AFK on GG =P)

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
(GM2) Chief of Staff
KGB Federal Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
(GM2) Chief of Staff
KGB Federal Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
I kinda like being pirate.. No worries about karma and u get these nice 40 minute breaks every now and again to eat food

KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
well, good info to know. I've just used this time to take a break completely from the game other than just making a little gold to complete my armor & start my weapon ambitions for when things get officially sorted out across the board. Then I can come back to whatever server, & faction well rested & better geared ready to wreck some face :)

very sorry to hear there's been further snags regarding Nazar & making allies. I kinda expected it though just because it's kinda the "norm" these days.

individual guilds never last, their rise & fall is usually fairly fast in regards to the big picture & long term gaming. Hopefully you guys can find a gaming community like ourselves to ally with that can weather the storm with us.

as for me, I'm still on ollo, rarely play atm, but have been kicking around with Angelic Order. they do have a neutral agreement (as of a few days ago) with impacto but as many of you may already know, disaster has pretty much hi-jacked the guild impacto & hold it hostage. their plans are unknown even to impacto etc. (ironic eh?)

if anyone wants more info on that issue, feel free to contact me & I'll seek out some inside info from the impacto side via AO. make no mistake, I'm KGB all the way :).

as for everything else, best of luck getting things sorted out, & as my schedule lightens up I'll get on & holla at you guys, I definitely miss playing with you all!

take care! CY-GUY OUT

Cy-Guy
(G1) Knight General
KGB New World Faction
(G1) Knight General
KGB New World Faction
I love being a pirate too as it fits perfectly w/my playstyle now since I'm able to log in and easily find instant pvp...also interested to see if there really will be a Disaster vs. No Ctrl...IMO we're better off as pirates vs. Disaster if they do come since they cant camp us in GG housing so we can pick our battles with them since we already know GG will be one of their hotspots if they do come...it won't be a repeat of them camping us on Ollo in Marcalla for those who had land there...Either way I'm having a blast and even w/the recent Barcode pvp it's not "toxic" PVP and a lot of fun...FYI Barcode tends to not attack u unless they have the numbers on you from what I've seen, they won't 1v1 for the most part.

KGB Master Knight
KGB Master Knight
Nazar as a server is so different to Ollo. last night taking packs to freed there was a low geared red doing solz packs. I was like lets get him but after we do our packs. i jumped on his un-owners marked hauler just to say hey you should keep an eye on that. took our packs handed them in and then he followed. we let him hand the hauler in and kyle hit freed and killed the alt. the guy took his hauler over to the nui the alt was at letting his boat blow up so we took the rest of the packs and handed them in. All he said to us was thanks for letting him get the first hauler in. no shout pvp nothing just thanks and went on his merry.

(GM2) Chief of Staff
KGB Federal Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
(GM2) Chief of Staff
KGB Federal Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Originally Posted By: Azulla
Nazar as a server is so different to Ollo. last night taking packs to freed there was a low geared red doing solz packs. I was like lets get him but after we do our packs. i jumped on his un-owners marked hauler just to say hey you should keep an eye on that. took our packs handed them in and then he followed. we let him hand the hauler in and kyle hit freed and killed the alt. the guy took his hauler over to the nui the alt was at letting his boat blow up so we took the rest of the packs and handed them in. All he said to us was thanks for letting him get the first hauler in. no shout pvp nothing just thanks and went on his merry.

From what i've seen talking to other people who have been on NAzar for a while is that no ctrl only does world content.. they dont really come out to do anything else. so all trading and open world stuff has been largely free for all. which is why when we go out trade regulating we are able to get multiple full trade ships of packs and they only ever have 1-2 people on em..

Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
The update is appreciated as I have a hard time keeping up with my currently limited play time. My question would be: Have we opened any diplomatic channels with No Control? If so, do they even consider us worthy of an alliance (or some type of cooperation against Disaster)? I only say that because from what little I have seen our numbers are very much diminished, and in our current state, we probably don't as much to offer a partnership as we did in the past.

(GM5) KGB King
KGB Federal Faction
OP Offline
(GM5) KGB King
KGB Federal Faction
Originally Posted By: doggernaut
The update is appreciated as I have a hard time keeping up with my currently limited play time. My question would be: Have we opened any diplomatic channels with No Control? If so, do they even consider us worthy of an alliance (or some type of cooperation against Disaster)? I only say that because from what little I have seen our numbers are very much diminished, and in our current state, we probably don't as much to offer a partnership as we did in the past.

No Ctrl believes Disaster will not be coming to Nazar this time around again; they are under the impression that Disaster will head to a different server and thus they don't seem to care about it at all. Past that, they have no interest in sharing World Content with those outside of the East faction. Disaster has stated they are coming here around the 10th, but I guess only time will tell.

With Barcode transferring and Salt transferring, there is always the chance that Disaster will wait till they all leave and then re-evaluate their transfer situation and possibly transfer elsewhere as I am sure they do not want to be stuck on a server where everyone leaves them for a month again.

Link Copied to Clipboard