KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 29 guests, and 26 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Devan Omega
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
1,987,444 Trump card
1,324,088 Picture Thread
473,917 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 11 of 24 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 23 24
Sini Offline OP
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Fascinating article on trump supporters in the Atlantic. I can even relate to many points (but not agree that collateral is worth it).

[Linked Image]
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
I remember that article.

I sort of "get" Trump supporters. Well some, there are a few major strains. But amongst many people, theres definitely a sense that some people look at gov't and politics and go "fuck me? no, fuck you "

Despite personally despising Trump, seeing that empty suit Rubio obliterated in Florida certainly generated a sense of smugness in myself. Even though I rationally know that Trump getting more delegates Is A Bad Thing.

At least it looks like Kasich was able to win Ohio. For all my general lack of enthusiasm about Kasich, if I can pretend he didn't express a desire to waste another couple trillion dollars on ineffective wars, he isn't so bad. At least I think he has something of a normal, grounded personality and general level of personal competence.

Biggest disappointment of course, is Hillary. As of this typing she is up in Ohio.

The only good news, is rumblings of 3rd party conservative bid are starting. Maybe the entire current political paradigm will get shattered. If the country can make it through four years of Trump or Hillary without devolving into a de facto police state or entering WW3 (both of which are questionable) maybe, somehow, people will come to their senses.

I doubt it though. I look to the left and see the Milk Tea Party and the total irrationality of the PC types, and look right and see the Trump swamp. Oddly enough, neither are actually left or right. Only in the USA would we classify slightly different breeds of fascist as being liberal or conservative. Real liberals and conservatives such as Sanders and Paul get marginalized by a DC/NYC Establishment which in turn wonders why they get stuck with a Trump.

But then again I predicted all this many years ago.

When a country as large as the USA stops delegating meaningful matters to more local polities, and takes the bulk of governance to the Federal level, all the average person can hear is noise. Theres too much to keep track of for the average person to hope to ever do so, which lets the mainstream talking heads wield disproportionate influence. It's kind of like a cult, on a huge scale. Thats even before considering the toxic effect of wedge issues like abortion.

Whatever one thinks about abortion, any rational person should be extremely scared when they realize the enormous role abortion has played in determining fiscal and foreign policy. How could such a state of affairs possibly engender a functional, rational society? It can't.

Right now the USA is very much a 1905 Germany: Social upheaval, tribal thinking, economic uncertainty fueled by corrupt gov't and banking, and increased tendency to seek out blame against particular ethnic groups. Add in the technology of total surveillance, and things aren't looking good for civilization.

Who knows how things will end up, but I suspect it will be somewhere in the political spectrum between 1984, and Psycho Pass. (And I highly recommend everyone watch Psycho Pass, not only is it entertaining but probably prescient )

Last edited by Derid; 03/15/16 07:32 PM.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
{popcorn}

The only fly in this ointment is Hillary.

[Linked Image]
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
All I really want to know is how old Sinij is and where he is from..... I know why Jet thinks the way he does...land of fruits and nuts and all.

If you really believe in a difference between the two sides well.... it's all about power, saying anything to get it, and saying anything to keep it.

That these two are the best this country could muster says a lot more about us than it does about them!

Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Banshee
That these two are the best this country could muster says a lot more about us than it does about them!

Interestingly enough, I can blame Hillary on the entrenched establishment and Trump on lack of control by the establishment. If we dig deeper, we can see that Trump is a side-effect of political extremism that has its roots in 2000s era gerrymandering. So one is intended outcome, and the other one is a backfire.

When I am the king, these will be first up against the wall.

[Linked Image]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
As bad as Trump is Hilary is worse. She's a proven liar many times over and Incompetent. If Trump or anyone else at all would have wiped a private server after being told to turn it over they would have been sent directly to Leavenworth. Don't forget about there's more material coming according to Assange. Time to kick back and watch the fireworks =)

(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
I could not disagree more.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

I don't see how anyone could support either. It's like being asked whether you want death by hanging or the electric chair.

I refuse to support either pile of human refuse. Instead, I will make bad puns and vote 3rd party.

There's actually a ticket on the ballot in all 50 states that features a pair of two-term blue-state governors. They like the Bill of Rights, and hate 'wars' of all sorts.

Not that I expect people to be sane enough to vote for them, but at least I will keep my own self-respect.

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
I have to Agree, both have a Yuge (huge) downside. I don't like the Idea of voting for Trump. I do like Gary Johnson and Bill Weld and they will be a likely choice for me. I just hate to see Hilary get in office. Obama's term has set race relations back 30 years. Her's won't be any different, even though she once said she views herself as a moderate. She better act like it because that will be the only way she will get the votes from the fence riders.

Page 11 of 24 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 23 24

Moderated by  Derid 

Link Copied to Clipboard