KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 29 guests, and 26 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Devan Omega
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
1,987,444 Trump card
1,324,088 Picture Thread
473,917 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#137180 07/11/16 05:27 PM
Viria Offline OP
KGB Master Knight
OP Offline
KGB Master Knight
Ok so I'm not sure if this is a desired place to put this but I thought it maybe worth it. Please if you are angry just read and do not post but like when voting I think having a place to have your say is good. I know it would have been good to have more discussion about this or even discussed here so if this is too late or unwanted please delete the thread for me.

Can anyone who has contact with anyone who may benefit from reading this please let them know?

I will try to be as factual as I can and please remember my personal opinions are mine, I don't want arguments. I feel that I can read between some lines but I believe in most people being upfront.

First I am following the guild to nazar, I have kept most of my ollo lands so I will still be there as well. I am torn to be leaving ollo but maybe starting again will be good. There are most of us who have taken breaks/quit. All I ask is that people don't make more quick decisions than required.

There are some people that have blurred some details or made excuses about the weekend. Please do not do this, it causes extra unneccessary stress to others.

Ok first this move was not planned, there was the odd comment thrown out there that if disaster came with excess numbers and toxicity that we would just leave. Some may have thought they wouldn't come, many hoped that we could fight. but we had not planned a confirmed move.

I personally would have fought but the officers (romes, donk,placated and bandit sorry if I missed anyone) met only after we lost our scrolls and disaster transferred. When they came in there were no fights just 30+ toxic, visious and personal attacks in romes' mail within 30 mins. A head count was taken for siege, we only had prob 30 who could attend. They met and everyone waited for hours while they discussed. When they came down it was explained that a lot of the leadership was not finding the game fun for a variety of reasons (paperwork, can't do anything else etc). Also most members by this time were not enjoying toxic chat and perma camping from disaster. It was conveyed in such a way I think that most of us can understand the resaoning even if we didn't like it.

The leadership said they want to transfer and explained why. It is a tactical retreat to regroup and be competitive. We have become bored, complacent and not enjoying as it is a game I mean a lot of events were taken for granted and attendance was dwindling. I'm sure there are other reasons and members present were able to have their say although I'm sure most of us will have some level of trouble transferring either land, stuff, finances etc. We were asked to mail any issues or speak up (whichever you were comfortable with) to Romeos before the decision was agreed upon. everyone is free to follow or not and romes will help out a little if you absolutely need it (acutally most members will just ask if you really need it). then romes went to detroy the castle but had a bunch or disaster following him constantly. we engaged disaster in a fight as a distraction...this is the fight people are saying we lost...and we did lose but the objective was completed. i think that the ability to chose to dissolve things was the chosen path. whether or not individuals agreed 100% this is why we have our structure.

I personally shed tears over it but as hard as it is for me, I'm not being personally harassed. I hate the split and anger and will miss people who stay.

But this is a chance for some to also start again or reinvigorate the game and it is afterall a game.

We are going pirate to accomodate the east characters and we are on nazar. Nazar and kraken and morph were the suggested destinations. Morph and kraken are on our ah so finances would be easier however they are small scale pvp and we would probably rival the top guilds quickly. Personally they would be easier but then we would be back to the same thing we are now. Nazar presented more population more pvp and being a small fish however there are friendships there for romes to explain and definitely unity for when disaster come to nazar, which we know they will.

This is some info to help those to make informed choices.
Being pirate has challenges so people need to be aware of this with their choice, that being said I didn't want to go pirate the first time (dysfunctional) but I actually had a blast. Neutral guards are liars and are not neutral, getting around mainland is rough. At least one alt is required to do mainland stuff. I think some trade runs except freedich also will require alts to hand in but I will have to check the traders. Ocean traders and fish stands aren't guarded so fishing and sunken ships are great.
It is also expensive to transfer and keep land etc. taxes are per server so taxes here don't affect taxes there but labour is shared.

I'm thinking of farming gold on ollo from my land/mining, buying apex and selling credits on nazar. Alternatively if all goes well when I bring alts over I can bring gold or if anyone else is coming over, get them to bring it with them for a little bit, maybe even split costs of transfers and bring stuff for a bunch of people.
Land on nazar is expensive and very limited. Azulla and I have purchased a spot in halcy and put a full kit apoc house down for guild use. Tinqu also has land there and a lot of ppl put towers there. we chose halcy as it is only in conflict/war for 6 hrs or so a day...the rest is peace and we can't be hit...but neutral guards suck. We have also acquired some other properties for production for ourselves. don't be afraid of karkasse...there are free 16 spots up there. Think land on ollo about 12 mths ago? 8x8s are available so storage towers rule. We will need to band together more, solo gold trader to freedich with 3 ships won't be possible. Help out people and ask for help as well. That goes for alts and help too.

Back on ollo help each other and if you are undecided just wait a little and see. Start an alt or maybe they will do the account bound stuff one day. I hope we can all be together and all can be well again.

Viria #137181 07/11/16 06:38 PM
(GM5) KGB King
KGB Federal Faction
(GM5) KGB King
KGB Federal Faction
Thank you for this post Viria.
I hope everyone who has any questions or concerns about what happened to read this in it entirety. It is definitely worth the read.

I also want to point out that more than 50% of the guild was online when the meeting was held and more than 50% of the total guild voiced their opinion to transfer OR did not speak out against in when we asked people to talk and/or mail us with their concerns. We had 4 people at the meeting state they did not want to transfer; however, of those 4, 2 have already made their way over to Nazar (some on new characters and some just broke down and transferred.) By utilizing the distraction Viria mentioned above, we were able to recover over 30k gold from the various buildings that were placed, where if they were just left up until they put down the egg, we would have recovered 0 gold and our castle buildings would have transferred to them as the new owners (except the Palace which would be destroyed.)

After the meeting, about 24 hours later the remainder of the guild logged in and of that we were contacted by 11 members that expressed concerns. Of those 11, 4 have decided to transfer to Nazar already, 2 are transferring when they return from their trips and 5 it seems will 100% be staying on Ollo and or leaving AA (which is perfectly acceptable.) We do what we can to make sure everyone is enjoying their gametime as again, it is a game; however, you can never satisfy everybody.

One final note: No one in the guild should feel bullied when they are playing nor should there be people stalked on RL social media and such to use against them in-game. Those who have transferred seem to be having much more fun so far on Nazar, but everything is fun in the beginning and only time will tell how it will go from here.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
[Linked Image from the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Viria #137183 07/12/16 03:18 AM
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
I admit I'm lost as hell, and my opinion matter's little in AA, as if it ever did. So basically, you determined (KGB) to move to move to a new server? Is this a transfer or did you have to start from scratch, which I can't imagine by the way. And it sounds as if message versus intent versus application did not go well, and as usual, people's feelings got hurt when their perception of the events did not match their desire.

All I know is the AA is and was fun, but dominated to much of my real life. Romeo has done a phenominal job, probably the single most successful leadership of a faction since UO time, in my humble opinion, and while I did not agree with 40% of the choices he made in AA for the guild, you can't argue his success. So, past that, whatever folks heartburn is, you can bank on this sure thing, treat each other with respect of GTFO.

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
Viria #137184 07/12/16 06:26 AM
(GM2) Chief of Staff
KGB Federal Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
(GM2) Chief of Staff
KGB Federal Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
The issue is, everyone who was happy with the "free farm" situation will most likely be unhappy with this course of action. But I am sure that this exact situation, although nice for making money, has also caused a lot of people who were playing this game solely for the PVP to stop playing or become less active. Many of these players were our strongest PVP'ers and best geared individuals.

I know uprooting and moving to another server is difficult, especially since we're moving to pirate which has a whole new set of challenges, but it will revitalize the game for most of us. Personally, I am really excited to get back from vacation and get my stuff on Ollo sorted out so I can transfer and start pvping all day. If being on an active server as pirate is anything like old school Ollo, many of us are going to have a blast. For anyone who is getting caught up with the social media warfare going on on the official AA forums, I encourage you to take the messages delivered in these posts with a grain of salt, as they are often spun drastically. Remember, this faction's leadership is always open to discussion and if you have concerns (although the decision was already made) you should still speak up and don't dwell on it.

Vuldan #137193 07/12/16 10:59 AM
(GM5) KGB King
KGB Federal Faction
(GM5) KGB King
KGB Federal Faction
Originally Posted By: Vuldan
I admit I'm lost as hell, and my opinion matter's little in AA, as if it ever did. So basically, you determined (KGB) to move to move to a new server? Is this a transfer or did you have to start from scratch, which I can't imagine by the way. And it sounds as if message versus intent versus application did not go well, and as usual, people's feelings got hurt when their perception of the events did not match their desire.

All I know is the AA is and was fun, but dominated to much of my real life. Romeo has done a phenominal job, probably the single most successful leadership of a faction since UO time, in my humble opinion, and while I did not agree with 40% of the choices he made in AA for the guild, you can't argue his success. So, past that, whatever folks heartburn is, you can bank on this sure thing, treat each other with respect of GTFO.

Your opinions always matter Mr and thanks for the kind words.

But yes, we had an officer meeting and then a guild meeting where we decided to transfer to a different server. Its not starting over new as we get to keep our characters, gear, warehouses, inventories and such; however properties obviously cannot be transferred at their location so some of us have kept our Ollo lands on alt accounts while others had to sell/demo them. We as a guild also offered to help with the cost of transferring for anyone who needed it; all they have to do it ask.

Change is never easy but those of us who have already completed the transfer are definitely finding a completely new lease on the game.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
[Linked Image from the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Viria #137198 07/12/16 03:28 PM
KGB Arch Duke
King's High Counsel
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Arch Duke
King's High Counsel
KGB Supreme Knight
I'm happy for the change frankly.

Assholes like disaster definitely make me wish the game was a lot more FFA-Loot though.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
-- Tasho / Jaguar --
Viria #137199 07/12/16 03:41 PM
Viria Offline OP
KGB Master Knight
OP Offline
KGB Master Knight
Thank you guys for the replies. i just wanted to get a record of what happened and everyone was able to dispute or add things so that the chinese whispers type situation stopped.

yes pirate isn't for everyone however i like the idea of it bringing all of us closer and more cohesive group, i hope this is the outcome. i will also let everyone i can know if/when i am ever brining a toon over and i have x space/bring gold for anyone that needs it.

And please tell me Romeos you have reported officially all accounts of RL stalking on social media. if it was me i would have reported it and then put them up on the forums and said look all these rules don't matter, but i can be a vindictive bitch :)

Viria #137200 07/12/16 03:53 PM
(GM2) Chief of Staff
KGB Federal Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
(GM2) Chief of Staff
KGB Federal Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
im gonna be bringing two chars over once i get home. i can bring more if needed. let me know what u guys need brought over and im more than happy to do so if i have space.

Viria #137202 07/12/16 05:00 PM
Viria Offline OP
KGB Master Knight
OP Offline
KGB Master Knight
hit azulla up and he can collect a little gold and maybe some stuff we forgot?

also all the packs i handed in then transferred found me on the new server under a new name...so if you need to move stuff you can still transfer before all payments are received. was a nice little surprise

Last edited by Viria; 07/12/16 05:07 PM.
Viria #137208 07/14/16 12:43 AM
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
I'm definitely feeling a lot better about the game being on Nazar. Ollo hasn't been anywhere near this populated for over a year. Despite having all my land on Ollo which I will be keeping on alts I am missing nothing on Ollo. There is no need to attend events although if you want to they are normally quite fun and have at least 2 factions if not 3.

For the people that are a bit worried or upset about transferring my suggestion would be just do it :) I think you will have a lot more fun in the game.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard