KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 26 guests, and 31 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Decon Black
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
1,988,697 Trump card
1,324,443 Picture Thread
474,043 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Viria #137209 07/14/16 06:18 AM
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
I'll be honest here......It was quite disappointing when I came back from my haitus (roughly 3-4 days of logging in for only a few minutes) to hear that instead of fighting, the guild chose to move to another server. I had big hopes with all of the speeches about "giving disaster a fight", "never leaving our home server", and many other conversations (quite a few from leadership) that seemed to suggest we would make a stand and fight the good fight so to speak. Granted I was not back in time to voice my opinion, or to confirm that I would be attending the siege but I'm fairly certain that I made my stance on it quite clear. I understand that things were absolutely getting extremely cumbersome with the monotonous event cycle, but I believe this decision reflects extremely negatively on us as a gaming community. I would have much rather had my ass handed to me over and over, than to have retreated to another server's sanctity. So while I can understand the decision, I must say it truly was a disheartening one to return to. At this point I'll be retiring my ArcheAge account, going fairly inactive in the community, and taking some time to evaluate my gaming future. I have to say that it has been a true pleasure meeting everyone that I did in the ArcheAge chapter; The memories made will not fade quickly, and I wish everyone the best of luck.

-Bubba.

Bubba #137213 07/14/16 07:56 AM
KGB Discord Administrator
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: Bubba
I'll be honest here......It was quite disappointing when I came back from my haitus (roughly 3-4 days of logging in for only a few minutes) to hear that instead of fighting, the guild chose to move to another server. I had big hopes with all of the speeches about "giving disaster a fight", "never leaving our home server", and many other conversations (quite a few from leadership) that seemed to suggest we would make a stand and fight the good fight so to speak. Granted I was not back in time to voice my opinion, or to confirm that I would be attending the siege but I'm fairly certain that I made my stance on it quite clear. I understand that things were absolutely getting extremely cumbersome with the monotonous event cycle, but I believe this decision reflects extremely negatively on us as a gaming community. I would have much rather had my ass handed to me over and over, than to have retreated to another server's sanctity. So while I can understand the decision, I must say it truly was a disheartening one to return to. At this point I'll be retiring my ArcheAge account, going fairly inactive in the community, and taking some time to evaluate my gaming future. I have to say that it has been a true pleasure meeting everyone that I did in the ArcheAge chapter; The memories made will not fade quickly, and I wish everyone the best of luck.

-Bubba.

I'm not sure I get why exactly your going inactive in the community because we have so many other games we play. I can understand why your done with Archeage as I have been on and off with it for a while. Would you have stayed if people continued on Ollo?

Last edited by Goriom; 07/14/16 07:59 AM.
Viria #137214 07/14/16 08:02 AM
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
I did not mean that I was leaving the community. I mean that there are currently no games that KGB is playing that I am interested in, hence a drop in activity in the forums. The comment was meant as more of a forewarning for those who try to contact me but do not get a response as quickly as usual. I apologize if there was some confusion.

Viria #137215 07/14/16 08:06 AM
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
Nah, no need to apologize. Just wanted to make sure we weren't losing someone.

Also a bunch of people also play non-mmo type games like CS GO, LOL, and ARK if your ever interested.

Bubba #137216 07/14/16 09:08 AM
KGB Arch Duke
King's High Counsel
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Arch Duke
King's High Counsel
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: Bubba
I did not mean that I was leaving the community. I mean that there are currently no games that KGB is playing that I am interested in, hence a drop in activity in the forums. The comment was meant as more of a forewarning for those who try to contact me but do not get a response as quickly as usual. I apologize if there was some confusion.

If it'd been a respectable opponent, we'd probably have stuck it out and taken our lumps if they were coming for the sake of blooding a lot of our guys who haven't really had much `real` competition, but nobody wants to bother when the server community has become a poisonous cesspool... what're you fighting to protect at that point if the game is simply a bottle of vitriol in the face every time you log in? I personally would rather go play PokemonGO, Rocket League, or even the cheating shitshow that is Planetside2 at that point rather than give Trion any more money when they're clearly not moderating the community hardly at all with the money we do give them.

So, we as a guild, opted to do something more productive and shake things up for the sake of finding new allies in order to help even out the manpower needs while also hanging out on a server with more population and a more positive community. Anybody with a lot of land is definitely having to jump a few hurdles in the process - sucks but it is what it is. It feels like we're slowing down a bit for the time being, and it'd already been that way prior to the nation patch anyhow.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
-- Tasho / Jaguar --
Viria #137218 07/14/16 11:49 AM
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
Good for you guys for switching to another sever and shutting down all that "Whale crutch much?" "Ollo is dead" bullshit statements about how KGB is the King, of Shit Mountain (aka Ollo).

We all know why this faction under Romeo is the King of Ollo, we (our Alliance) destroyed everyone who didn't quite or was banned for being cheaters, right off the server with our ability to manage large scale Organizations with an end game goal. Suck it up sunshine if you don't like the outcome to proper planning preventing piss poor performance.

Now, go to this new server and poop down the backside of every single shit talking neckbeard and fly the KGB banner high when you take there castles, break there shit and make them transfer to another server, because in the end they don't want to compete, they want to shit zerg you into the ground and then act as if they had won the Super Bowl after a 5v5 skirmish.

Go get'em Romeo...

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
Viria #137223 07/14/16 04:08 PM
Viria Offline OP
KGB Master Knight
OP Offline
KGB Master Knight
If they had turned up and just fought fine...but constant offensive and personal mails to leadership...hell one even tracked down Romes FB photo and made a crest to troll...and what did the GMs do? wipe the crest.

That was the level they went to

Viria #137225 07/14/16 06:15 PM
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
Originally Posted By: Viria
If they had turned up and just fought fine...but constant offensive and personal mails to leadership...hell one even tracked down Romes FB photo and made a crest to troll...and what did the GMs do? wipe the crest.

So on a Darkfall scale about a 5 or a 6. Considering someone has the KGB group on there FB page, and we refer to him as Romeo on his FB page, not even more than a golf clap worthy.

Now had they altered the image to show Romeo shooting MLK or blowing his whale money load all over Scopes, I might have given them an internet fist bump.

Like seriously, they should have built a freaking mural of 24 slides on a property in White Arden in view of his home, of Romeo riding a Trino whale while getting butt humped in some kill shot by there Guild leader as he totally has S&M reigns on Romeo and win shooting out his fingers and Zena with a german WW ! helmet tied on to a rack on his back.

Now you are talking Darkfall, bout an 8 ish.

Besides, they wish they had it as good as Romeo.

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Originally Posted By: Tasorin
Originally Posted By: Viria

So on a Darkfall scale about a 5 or a 6. Considering someone has the KGB group on there FB page, and we refer to him as Romeo on his FB page, not even more than a golf clap worthy.

Now had they altered the image to show Romeo shooting MLK or blowing his whale money load all over Scopes, I might have given them an internet fist bump.

Like seriously, they should have built a freaking mural of 24 slides on a property in White Arden in view of his home, of Romeo riding a Trino whale while getting butt humped in some kill shot by there Guild leader as he totally has S&M reigns on Romeo and win shooting out his fingers and Zena with a german WW ! helmet tied on to a rack on his back.

Now you are talking Darkfall, bout an 8 ish.

Besides, they wish they had it as good as Romeo.

Yea I gotta agree with Jag. Posting a widely known picture of Romeo isn't really that serious of harassment. I'm sure the mails were a little less than cordial but that's easily avoided by simply deleting instead of taking the time to read, giving the person the satisfaction of affecting you. I'll even go as far as to guess that there have probably been worse jokes/comments made in Teamspeak in person than what could have been included in those mails. Where I was raised the only way to shut up a loud mouth bully was to sock him in his mouth. Even if he puts a whoopin on you then you can at least say that you "manned up". I'm still relatively new to the community, have extremely thick skin (as the AA chapter should be able to attest to), and can give it as well as I can take it, so I certainly hope this decision isn't indicative of the fighting spirit within the community. My prayers are that this was a one-off, special circumstance event and that if faced with the same situation in the future that we "man up" and face the challenges ahead of us. Just my 2 cents worth. ^^

Viria #137231 07/14/16 10:46 PM
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Honestly half the guild have never been in a blend before and volume only had a few active members left in it and even half of those had never done blend pvp before. A lot of KGB is very geared but a lot of KGB wasn't very geared. Basically we didn't stand a chance on the pvp level or active level. Disaster not only claimed they were the best guild but still brought over 60 very active people and allied with the entire west to fight us. It would have been an extremely boring month of us getting our teeth kicked in.
I know there was talk about if they came we would just wait for them to leave and carry on like normal but I think most people were bored of the normal in the first place numbers declining from both guilds rather rapidly including myself.
For the people who would rather quit the game I would suggest just transferring first and giving it a go. Its a chance to have a fresh look on Archeage.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard