KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 29 guests, and 26 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Devan Omega
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
1,987,444 Trump card
1,324,088 Picture Thread
473,917 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#136814 06/25/16 06:20 PM
Sini Offline OP
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
BBC on Brexit

In case you haven't heard - United Kingdom voted to leave European Union in a referendum.

This was a result of anti-establishment and anti-globalization sentiment within UK electorate that cared little about anything other than sticking it to the establishment that they felt was screwing them over. I am certain couple hundred years ago it would have ended with guillotines. The same sentiment that contorts US politics right now.

I personally think this has a chance to end globalization everywhere. Especially if UK is quickly followed up by second and third acts elsewhere.

[Linked Image]
Sini #136817 06/25/16 08:05 PM
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

Well, the establishment was in fact screwing them over. Honestly, good for the Brits. They might still be screwed by going it alone, but they were certainly screwed had they continued acting as an appendage of German and Belgian interests and dumping ground for refugees. Social welfare states cant have open borders, unfortunately for Europe noone has bothered to tell
the European Council.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
Sini #136826 06/26/16 12:41 PM
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
I think this is the end of the UK as we know it. Northern Ireland and Scotland are going to bail.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
JetStar #136867 06/26/16 06:19 PM
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: JetStar
I think this is the end of the UK as we know it. Northern Ireland and Scotland are going to bail.

Yep.

Still, I think there is a non-zero chance UK will not back out in the end.

[Linked Image]
Sini #136884 06/27/16 08:25 AM
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
If you put in an idiot as PM like they are planning, it will happen anyway.

Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
Sini #136891 06/27/16 08:59 AM
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

I find it amazing how the coastal media has managed to spin devolving legislative authority back to sovereign localities as somehow a bad thing, whether in regards to UK leaving the EU
or various components leaving the UK. Centralization of power rarely ends well. Of course it's a mixed bag, like most things it is neither wholly positive or negative. But as we saw with the
EU's treatment of Greece, it is clear the EU apparatus primarily concerns itself with the well-being of northern European banks and multinationals - and the political fortunes of Germany's
ruling party.

Divorces are often painful, but that doesn't make them wrong.

Europe has become increasingly moribund in recent decades - there is a reason no disruptive businesses or startups flourished. It has also seen drastically increasing social tensions and
strains on infrastructure due to unlimited immigration. Brussels does in fact engage in an enormous amount of micromanaging, and procedures to fix flawed regulation scant exist. The EU is a fundamentally statist existence, and the direction western society in general is moving is the wrong one.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
Sini #136892 06/27/16 09:46 AM
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
I predict there are multiple economic consequences to this. I have been reading, and this is bad for the UK and the EU.

Star Citizen Hanger:
Sini #136896 06/27/16 11:59 AM
KGB Discord Administrator
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Discord Administrator
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
There probably won't be a UK for long.

Sini #136903 06/27/16 02:53 PM
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Originally Posted By: JetStar
I predict there are multiple economic consequences to this. I have been reading, and this is bad for the UK and the EU.

That's what many are saying, yes. But keep in mind most of those voices also said that bailing out Wall St was good, that invading Iraq was good, etc. Regarding the Wall St bailouts in particular, note how the Fed still has what in any other time would be emergency measures in place just to avert impending crisis. Being overly terrified of the problem in front of their nose, the underlying issues were avoided and now we are even deeper in the hole, praying the chickens come home to roost later rather than sooner.

In short, it's easy to get large segments of the media riled up about fear-mongering over a given angle, regarding pretty much anything. Principled objectivity is in short
supply these days.

Really, it's up to the Brits as to whether it will be good or not in the long term. If they respond to the circumstance by cleaning up their act and being responsive and basically doing
a better job at governance than the EU, it might be very good. They still have their own currency, as well as the Commonwealth. If they make a muck of it, it could turn out poorly.

Self-governance is just that. Now they will have control over their own policies again, and by the same token will have no one to blame but themselves if things go poorly.

Sini #136905 06/27/16 04:42 PM
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
I believe they were very autonomous even in the EU. The information I have read about the economic consequences seems legit. I don't think the populous did they research which resembles Trump supporters here in the US.

I don't think the breakup of the UK was what they had in mind. Time will tell, but it looks pretty grim in my opinion.

Star Citizen Hanger:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Derid 

Link Copied to Clipboard