KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 36 guests, and 17 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Aby
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,005,827 Trump card
1,337,549 Picture Thread
477,213 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#135259 03/23/16 03:47 PM
KGB High Knight
OP Offline
KGB High Knight
I know we didn't come into the game with a plan and many of us didn't even think we would be playing this game (myself included) but we need everyone to start progressing their characters. We barely have any 50's.

And I don't mean fishing.

All people do is fish. All people talk about is fish. I've tried to get people to group for grinding but all I get is a link to the fish they just caught. I feel like we're just a fishing guild.

We need to start getting groups together to grind xp and take over spawns. The levels make a big difference. While we're in the spawn, we should all be flagged and ready to fight for it. I want it so people say "don't bother going to X spawn in Calph E1, KGB owns it".

Another thing we should be doing is guild kill quests. They are so much better than the gathering ones. You can gets lots of loot and people can group up together. Grouping up together can lead to PvP, (which we all need to practice) getting new recruits, and just getting to know each other better. I really don't want to spend the time/energy gathering 2500 rocks.

Now I'm not saying fishing is a bad thing, I just don't think we should all be focusing on it right now.

As I said, just my opinion.

- Niru/Urgoz

KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Im always down to grind higher end mobs for loot/exp.. I agree we do need more people to start making grind/pvp groups. Also we should have a standard of what food/pots you should have on you incase of encountered pvp they make a huge difference.
Like this is what food i aim to have

Serendia Special
-Ham Sandwich x1, Honeycomb cookies x1, Life Saeal x2, Fruit Wine x2, Meat Pie x1 Damage +5, Critical Chance +5%, Accuracy +10 for 90 minutes

Media Special
-Dark Pudding x1, Oatmeal x1, Exotic Grain Wine x2, Grilled Sausages x2, Meat Salad x1 Damage +5, Attack Speed +1, Cast Speed +1 for 90 minutes

Fruit Pie
-Dough x6, (Apple/Grapes/Strawberry) x6, Cream x3, Sugar x4 Casting Speed +1, Max MP +70 for 90 minutes

There are more in verious guides online
http://blackdesertfoundry.com/2015/10/21/witch-class-guide/

KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
I mentioned this in guild chat last night as well. I completely agree with Niru. We feel like a fishing guild atm.

[Linked Image]
S
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
S
I can maybe try & clear this up, yes there has been a lot of fishing lately but you shouldn't take that as a fishing guild, we had a great war a few days back it was pretty amazing. I do Agree I'd like to see more people at 50 it will help a lot, but one thing I can tell you & why people are fishing a lot more lately is because of the potential of making decent gold along with scroll bosses.

Zombiez & myself found that the 4hr quest which btw pays the most exp & silver to the guild just so happens to be a fishing quest each time. I don't want you all to think we are focused on being all about fishing, but fishing is helping progress with large amounts of silver to gear up properly, I think everything else will fall in place as people get geared up. Like Chloraform said I think most people are down to grind about anytime.

I'll get more activity going when I get settled into my new place, in the meantime I'll talk with the others in charge & work out some kind of plan

feel free to contact me here anytime with idea's or questions I will answer back when I can

KGB High Knight
OP Offline
KGB High Knight
I know you can make good money fishing but it can also be done from grinding while progressing your character as well. Just got done a grinding session of about 2 - 2.5 hours and made over 4 million silver if I sell it all.

I'll have to disagree with you on people being down to grind anytime. Asked again in guild chat tonight (for the above mentioned grinding session) and got 2 takers but it's the same people every time.

KGB Knight
KGB Knight
I agree. It shouldn't be as hard as it is to find a 5-man guild group.

The difference between 50-51-52 etc. is pretty huge especially when it comes to the number of skill points. There is also a considerable disadvantage fighting someone 2 levels higher than you. I think quite a few people outside of the guild are starting to hit 52+ and we need to keep up if we don't want to get slaughtered at spawns.

I think it is important for people to play however and do whatever they want/enjoy but I also think we do not have enough active BDO members to focus too much on professions instead of raw levels/combat stats.

@Shock, Grinding makes some nice money too!

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: Niru Suto
I know you can make good money fishing but it can also be done from grinding while progressing your character as well. Just got done a grinding session of about 2 - 2.5 hours and made over 4 million silver if I sell it all.

I'll have to disagree with you on people being down to grind anytime. Asked again in guild chat tonight (for the above mentioned grinding session) and got 2 takers but it's the same people every time.

Sometimes it takes the right Knights to inspire....KGB has such diversity, and more often than not what happens is all of our more martially inclined Knights are not online and Knights who are more mercantile of mindset are, so what you get is more of one and less of the other.

I am Wrath, I am Steel, I am the Mercy of Angels.
mors est merces mea – death is my reward
morte in vitam non habet tenaci - Death has no grip on Life.
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]
Z
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Z
I'm looking forward to getting in some grinding groups at some point as well. My current RL situation has had been very busy with work so most of the time I'm on its pretty much managing my workers and crafting things. Sidara and I will have a couple weeks of mostly free time coming up so that will give us ample time to catch up - even if that is a bit late to do so.

It's perhaps not my place to talk given that I can't help with them yet but I feel like kill quests would be faster and more beneficial for the guild for the multitude of reasons that have been posted above. Sure fishing quests might give you more value for the quest itself but kill quests are arguably faster to complete, force us to work together in combat, provide the potential for PVP experience, gear drops, additional money loot, blackstones and shows others that we are active.

Once Sidara and I are leveled up we will be significantly more active on the guild questing at that point and should be able to organize some kill groups even late into the AM, as that tends to be our most "free" time to play.

-Hadrik Hardhammer, FFXIV | -Zsane, Archeage (Retired) | Steam: KGB Zane | E-mail: Zane@ecsinc.com | Currently on Tap: Empty Keg :(
KGB Discord Administrator
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Discord Administrator
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: Niru Suto

I'd argue that grinding is the best way to make money.

KGB Knight
KGB Knight
I just started game a couple days ago. I'm playing a Valkyrie. I'm in Valia area. Right now I'm focused on doing all the quests and talking to everyone I see. Should I just sorry about getting to 50? Not sure what I should be doing with nodes so for right now I just have the few workers I have getting ores. What city are you guys have as your home city? What do you guys recommend. Thx:)

Play To Crush!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard