KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 26 guests, and 31 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Decon Black
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
1,988,697 Trump card
1,324,443 Picture Thread
474,043 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
A bit off topic but....

I grew up in a pretty racist & poor town out in the middle of nowhere called Uncertain, Texas. It is squeezed in between a bomb making plant and a swamp. The town was a 60/40 blend of middle class white and poor black people. I could tell you so many stories about growing up in that town....

Oddly enough, my school was over 80% black and I was the only white male in my class for most of those years. It made for a lot of hilarious team photos in my family album. My lonely pasty white face amongst all my black school mates.

With that said, I have seen more than my fair share of white and black racism towards each other. What I learned at a very young age was that most of these people labeled as racist would give the shirt off their back to someone of another color in need when it really came down to it. I was always messed with for being the white boy in our class but I never felt actual hate from any of those black kids. It was a two way street and I generally harassed them just as much since years of this crap made me tougher than most of them.

It honestly seemed like more of a fun pass time for people than an actual problem that they had with whites or blacks. Just something to talk about in crowds of similar color since everyone had that in common. They would meet up at my uncles shop almost every other night and get drunk together while openly prodding each other with racial stereotypes. We are talking crowds of 15 or more people getting along just fine. His shop was across the street from the apartments where most of the blacks lived at the time and there was never a problem. This same behavior was true for local sports games and town events. They freely threw around racist language but when it came down to it they got along like old friends. I can honestly say I never once saw any of those people take it past words with each other regarding their race.

Sadly that was the 80s & 90s.....That isn't true anymore and I see some very vile things going on right now involving racial tensions. Older people now stay glued to mass media that divides them and further alienates them to the point of senseless violence towards the opposing race or profession. Young white and black folks angry about race can seek out endless mounds of material to reaffirm their hatred. This has resulted in a toxic atmosphere for race relations that is probably going to get way worse.

A lot of white and black folks alike are becoming equally scared of each other now due to everything going on in the news. We have a economic/police/crime/*insert everything else* problem that is all being reported in the framework of racial problems.

True equality doesn't exist on any level of the animal kingdom so why do we expect it with creatures as complex and emotional as humans? I suggest reading "The Quest for Cosmic Justice by Thomas Sowell" if you think differently. Also "Black Rednecks and White Liberals" is another good book of his.

As usual I blame the mass media machines that fill the heads of lesser minded people with bullshit and provoke them to the point of acting on their ignorance.

Last edited by Sethan; 09/07/15 08:41 PM.
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
^
/ \ Well said
|
|
|

* :/ darn removed spaces.

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]
Page 2 of 2 1 2