KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 54 guests, and 25 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Stealth Hawk
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,029,039 Trump card
1,339,747 Picture Thread
478,311 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#131790 08/19/15 02:16 PM
Silver Offline OP
KGB Knight
OP Offline
KGB Knight
A couple things:

1) I'd like some clarification on the extent of our friendship with rebellion. What they can expect from our guild (and KGB/Fiery/Karma alliance) and viceversa.

2) I have an issue with Snuffis being in Rebellion and Snufalapagus being in Takeda, a KOS guild to our alliance. At face value, it feels wrong to be helping a guild that has blatant ties to an enemy. What he, or anyone gains, as an ally on one side, can be easily transferred to an alt, be it gold, assets, and especially knowledge. This seems like a HUGE conflict of interest and I can't help but wonder what our stance is on this.

Thanks!

(GM5) KGB King
KGB Federal Faction
(GM5) KGB King
KGB Federal Faction
We are currently allied with them for alliance events and world bosses; past that we are on friendly relations with them and for lack of a better term, we may soon have a NAP with them when not at alliance events and such to avoid hard feelings during events. Fiery has a full NAP with them and will not be attacking Rebellion unless the Rebellion are attacking KGB members.

As for Snuffis, he is not in our guild and it is not up to us if they allow his alt to be in other guilds. They claim they are currently using his alt to know when Takeda is out hunting for trade ships, as well as to help them turn in packs in Solis during off-hours. They do not care that his alt was tagged Takeda prior and they do not care if he keeps it in Takeda.

Fiery members also have alt characters in many Western guilds which is also allowed as they are not subject to our rules.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
[Linked Image from the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
KGB Alumni
KGB Alumni
I want to understand why we are allied with them? That guild is full of trash talkers, cart blockers and trolls. Many of us have one or the other blocked in game because we got tired of what spewed from their orifices. We have had guild call outs in the past to help kgb members because daesie and crew were using mobs to break their carts.

(GM5) KGB King
KGB Federal Faction
(GM5) KGB King
KGB Federal Faction
Because allies are not something we decide by ourselves. Each guild in the alliance gets a vote, and Fiery and Karma are 100% for it; so regardless of our stance, they will be allied during alliance events; however, I am 100% for it as well, so it is a unanimous alliance decision. From that standpoint, it is difficult to work with a guild when you are killing them and taking packs outside of alliance events and expect support during said events; so that is why our stance is to not engage outside of events as well.

In addition, their guild is very friendly with several of our members; yes they have their trolly members and those who "used" to call us out in faction; however, for the most part 90% of their guild are good people that I have never had an issue with. We were also allied with these same people, when the pirates were part of this alliance, yet none of this was an issue then. Tikal even used to be an officer in our original alliance.

Anyone who has an issue working with them is free to not show up to events; they are not now nor have they ever been mandatory, in addition, we are not allied in the regular world, so you are not obligated to lend them a hand; however, we will be NAP'd outside of alliance events for the success of the alliance.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
Originally Posted By: Romeo_Montague
However, I am 100% for it as well, so it is a unanimous alliance decision.
Since when did decisions of this type become the "sole" perview of one person. It is NOT just "your" decision. You have done a great job with this faction, but this goes over this is not the first time we have followed this path, and this is going over the line.

Anyone who has an issue working with them is free to not show up to events;
So anyone with an issue has to forgo the benefits of being at the events due to a decision they did not make, in the interest of? This is completely unacceptable. NO ALLIANCE COMES BEFORE A SINGLE KGB MEMBER.

As noted, I think Romeo has done a fantastic job with the faction in AA. But this is not the first guild move that has been made without any communication or discussion, perhaps other than the very small cadre of close knit "officers", and perhaps that is more of a pain than it's worth as we are spread out like crazy, but bottom line remains the same, this is not a single persons decision, and no alliance decision should come before the consideration of KGB members.

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

Vuldan, as a point of law within the guild Romeo does actually have the ability to unilaterally set alliances and diplomatic relations.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
I made this comment a couple of nights ago.

Rebellion won't be around long, they will honk it up at some point. It's like Corporate Law of the Cubicle's. Don't like the way things are today, wait 6 months and it will all change again. Except in Rebellions case it won't take that long.

Yes, most/some of the Rebellion guys are typical douche canoes and given enough rope and time will completely screw anything positive and forward moving up, given the chance.

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
(GM5) KGB King
KGB Federal Faction
(GM5) KGB King
KGB Federal Faction
Originally Posted By: Vuldan
Since when did decisions of this type become the "sole" perview of one person. It is NOT just "your" decision. You have done a great job with this faction, but this goes over this is not the first time we have followed this path, and this is going over the line.

So anyone with an issue has to forgo the benefits of being at the events due to a decision they did not make, in the interest of? This is completely unacceptable. NO ALLIANCE COMES BEFORE A SINGLE KGB MEMBER.

As noted, I think Romeo has done a fantastic job with the faction in AA. But this is not the first guild move that has been made without any communication or discussion, perhaps other than the very small cadre of close knit "officers", and perhaps that is more of a pain than it's worth as we are spread out like crazy, but bottom line remains the same, this is not a single persons decision, and no alliance decision should come before the consideration of KGB members.

Vuldan, as High Chancellor, I have every right to enter the guild into alliances with or without discussing it with membership; you of all people, being around so long should know this. It is "MY" decision as to whom we ally with, whether or not you support it you will adhere to the policy set in place. KGB is not a democracy and never has been.

As for the events, the alliance does come first, because without the alliance there are no events. So rather than punish an entire guild (KGB) for 4 - 5 members being upset with a NAP by leaving the alliance, we will maintain our alliance and accept the new group of people in it. Again if you have any problem with it, you are more than welcome to come discuss; however, you will adhere to the policy set in place.

As for Tasorins comment; he is correct, Rebellion will not last forever, let alone a long time and we will take advantage of their help for as long as it benefits us. Allied for events; NAP'd outside of them.

KGB Paladin
(G3) General, Archeage Faction
KGB Paladin
(G3) General, Archeage Faction
There will be a lot of new people joining the server soon, most of them will probably not join KGB/Fiery/Karma/Rebellion. We are going to need the help or we could lose the end game content battle.

I have full respect and support in Romeo's decisions.

Also, my boat patrol crew will not be engaging Rebellion anymore in accordance with these terms, including Snuffy.

Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
Originally Posted By: Vuldan

Vuldan, as High Chancellor, I have every right to enter the guild into alliances with or without discussing it with membership; you of all people, being around so long should know this. It is "MY" decision as to whom we ally with, whether or not you support it you will adhere to the policy set in place. KGB is not a democracy and never has been.

As for the events, the alliance does come first, because without the alliance there are no events. So rather than punish an entire guild (KGB) for 4 - 5 members being upset with a NAP by leaving the alliance, we will maintain our alliance and accept the new group of people in it. Again if you have any problem with it, you are more than welcome to come discuss; however, you will adhere to the policy set in place.

As for Tasorins comment; he is correct, Rebellion will not last forever, let alone a long time and we will take advantage of their help for as long as it benefits us. Allied for events; NAP'd outside of them.

Im old, I forget things and yes, I stand corrected. All good in my world. I do not recall when the power shifted, but no matter. I am a big boy and can make my own decisions beyond that. [watching]

Last edited by Vuldan; 08/21/15 12:07 PM.

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard