KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 24 guests, and 11 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Morgus
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,008,018 Trump card
1,337,852 Picture Thread
477,360 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#131316 08/07/15 10:02 PM
Derid Offline OP
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
OP Offline
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
So what did everyone think about last nights newepisode of Trump's long running reality TV series?

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
About what I expected. Enormous ratings, for which the GOP can thank Trump. Trump, on the other hand, did himself no favors. By himself, he does ok among those who support him. When among others, he suffers by comparison.

To the everlasting glory of the infantry...

Owain ab Arawn
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Derid Offline OP
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
OP Offline
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
So who did you think did well?

The only two people (who are seriously running, not just selling a book like Carson) who come across as neither completely psychotic (Christie , Graham) or an Empty Vessel (Walker, Rubio) are Kasich and Paul.

Of course Trump... is just Trump. The scary thing is it seems like he is going to get a solid 20% support no matter what he does or says, and if he does not get his way he will run 3rd party and help usher Clinton in. Which is pretty damn scary, I think the only person actually scarier than Hillary is Christie. Bush is a dead split.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
I didn't watch the debate (I had tickets for a Kansas concert), but from what I have heard, and what I would have predicted even before the debate, this analysis seem accurate.
http://journal.ijreview.com/2015/08/2461...ampaign=Sharing

To the everlasting glory of the infantry...

Owain ab Arawn
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Derid Offline OP
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
OP Offline
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

Interesting write-up to say the least.

$10 says the only reason Christie mentioned an Ohio class sub was because he was actually in Ohio for the debate and some intern thought it would be clever to include in the debate material.

Plus, shouldn't the Ohio class be decommissioned and replaced anyhow? From what I recall it was not the best hull to be worth refitting.

If we are going to talk Navy, honestly Mitt was way ahead on that one.

Also a big minus to that blog for calling Paul crazy. It must have been in regard to his remark that the 4th amendment was important.

KGB Knight
KGB Knight
The presidential debate...you mean the Donald Trump Fox News Roast?

I watched the full debate over the weekend. It felt like one long game of ratings booster gotcha questions.

What more should I expect from Fox News though.....

In my opinion, Christie did the best on stage but that guy is the ring master when it comes to talking to the media. He held his ground on a few tough questions and spun them in his favor. The guy is a brilliant debater and public speaker but doesn't stand a chance of winning.

Bush played it safe the whole time. He is a seasoned politician and it really showed. He stayed on track and spoke exactly as directed on everything. Came across as very boring though.

Rand Paul didn't get much time to speak and was overly eager to do so when given the chance. I have a feeling that if they let him open up on stage then he will end up talking about some crazy shit that alienates the voting bloc. I wanted to see a calm and confident Rand Paul but didn't get it.

Trump was attacked the whole time from all angles. He is going to lose points for taking pop shots at Megan Kelly during the debate over woman's issues. They were hammering on him the whole time though. He did pretty well for a man with a big ego who was getting tar and feathered.

Carson acted like a kid on his first day at a new school. I was starting to wonder if some black guy had accidentally wondered on stage for a bit. He only spoke a few times the whole debate.

Kasich did very well but could crumble if they really put the spot light on him. He did well because no one went after him on anything. Every time he spoke it was about his achievements and no one spoke against him.

Jindal spoke like a Republican robot with a programmed answer for everything. This guy should get out of the office more.

Last edited by Sethan; 08/11/15 11:47 AM.
Derid Offline OP
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
OP Offline
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

Its painful to think anyone thought Christie did well. Not saying you are wrong to think so, an assessment is an assessment and highly subjective in this format. If you thought he did well, other people probably did as well and its important to note.

But that is the guy who in the hurricane aftermath made it illegal for prices of goods to reflect the highly increased difficulty of transporting them, and not only did not suspend the NJ laws about interstate fuel but enforced them. Yeah, in NJ its technically illegal to go to a different state and fill gas cans to sell in NJ.

The whole market for goods in NJ at the time basically became a black market, that sub human POS criminalized people for simply trying to supply what was needed. As a result the food and fuel and water shortages were pretty bad for a while until roads were cleared and repaired and normal corporate commerce resumed.

I just honestly cannot for the life of me understand how anyone anywhere can support that guy. /shrug

Just out of curiosity what type of crazy stuff do you think Paul would say? It seems like certain quarters certainly are trying hard to paint that narrative but I am more than a little surprised that it is getting any traction.

Derid Offline OP
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
OP Offline
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
I think you are underestimating Kasich, he went through the same type of union ordeal here in Ohio that Walker went through. Except Kasich actually handled it much better, and his approval ratings ended up rising long term.

As a politician, Kasich is the goods. Walker is an Empty Vessel.

Since he is Establishment friendly, I think Kasich might end up being the dark horse in this race. Simply because he has a lot more substance and is a lot more centrist friendly than Walker, is not a Bush, and isnt a sociopathic lunatic like Christie. (oh, and he carries Ohio in the general)

Last edited by Derid; 08/11/15 11:51 AM.

KGB Knight
KGB Knight
I judged it strictly from a debate stand point. I would not endorse any of them this early on. There will be better debates in the near future to vet them by.

I don't support the guy but.......Christie is a skilled debater/performer and handles himself well in front of large audiences and cameras. Like seriously, the guy could have made fortunes in Vegas as a show host or ring master if politics didn't work out. I think he responded well to his smear questions. Reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXItgrbTpB4

I like Rand for several reasons. However, Rand Paul can come across as a wacko when he gets drilled on defense and government reform in front of a massive audience. As long as he keeps his head above the water then he is good to go.

Kasich did well at the debate but I worry he does not have the funding to go the distance. Do you think he can out pace Hillary in fundraising?

Last edited by Sethan; 08/11/15 06:45 PM.
Derid Offline OP
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
OP Offline
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

I think Kasich can outdo Hillary, or get close enough as makes no matter if he got the nomination. Hillary's problem, is noone really wants her. Not even her own party, all she has going for her is Wall St, the Defense and Intel industry, and that "aura of inevitability". If a somewhat Purple guy who was Establishment friendly, and not terribly objectionable to anyone like Kasich was her opponent I think she would have a hard time.

As far as Rand/Christie I know what you mean, I am trying to drill down specifically on where the impression comes from.

Like I was saying before, its subjective. To some GOP primary audiences , obviously some of his views are objectionable. Its not like I thought you supported him or anything, I just was in a mood to Spread the Good Word on Gov Christie cause I wax ranty at times. (im really fuckin bored with my job atm)

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Derid 

Link Copied to Clipboard