KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 29 guests, and 26 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Devan Omega
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
1,987,444 Trump card
1,324,088 Picture Thread
473,917 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Vuldan Offline OP
Former KGB Member
OP Offline
Former KGB Member
Good Morning,

So, this has been weighing heavy on me for the last 24 hours, and while I would like to just shrug it off and say the heck with it, I find I can't do that.

Sometime in the last 50 hours or so, someone unknown, turned in a total of 8 tradepacks belonging to me. I had run these packs from Sandeep to Marianople and they were waiting for the run from Marianople to Gweonid, which net's 10.5 gold roughly. Of course, I have received the emails with my 20% in them, which is how I know they were turned in by someone else, in addition to the fact they are no longer around the house.

Now, you might be saying to yourself whats the big deal? Well, let's look at that. First off, I have tried my damndest to be as helpful to anyone and everyone who needs it. In the absence of our usual crafting crew, whose generosity knows no bounds, I have worked hard to fill the gap. I have spent a large quantity of time and personal funds to help everyone achieve success, and have tried to use game mechanics to recoup some of those funds. That is impossible to do if someone is taking, by intent or mistake, my tradepacks which cost me labor, and of course materials and time.

And of course, there is the other part, the common courtesy part. I see other folks tradepacks around the marianople house all the time..I don't touch them. In case you did not know this, if you pick up someone else tradepack by mistake and set it back down, it will then reflect by name that its yours, although the fee money for turn in will still be split between you and the maker. So..you should be paying attention if your fee is split, you just turned in someone else pack.

So, this leaves me down some 80 gold or so, which is crucial in Archeage. It also impacts my game play as I now feel I can't just place tradepacks and build them up to then finish the run when Sandeep and Halcyona go to war. It's not a good spot to be in.

PLEASE take the time to ensure your NOT picking up someone else's packs by mistake. If it's not yours, and its on guild land, meaning anyone can access it, unless you have asked permission, leave it alone please.

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
KGB Discord Administrator
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
I believe this is most likely a case of Hanlon's razor but until someone speaks up about this issue and admits to taking the packs mistakenly due to picking them up and the name changing on the pack, or maliciously doing it, It would probably be safer to just lock down that farm to just family.

Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
Mistakes are made, I could see grabbing one or two packs by mistake, ecspecially if the place is surrounded by 20 or so as it has been a few times, HOWEVER, 8 crosses that threshold big time. There is no way someone could mistake that many tradepacks. Unless someone owns up to this by tonight, I'll be locking the House down so no one can use it.

(F5) High Chancellor
KGB Star Citizen Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB Star Citizen Faction
This was unacceptable. Stealing from your own guild. Lock the house down now Selenian I wouldn't wait.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

KGB TS Server Administrator
KGB High Chancellor - Star Citizen
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
This is an unfortunate direction, and sorry to Vuldan.

I am hoping someone fesses up and is not therefore responsible for theft controls that will make everyone's time less fun and more difficult.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: Selenian
Mistakes are made, I could see grabbing one or two packs by mistake, ecspecially if the place is surrounded by 20 or so as it has been a few times, HOWEVER, 8 crosses that threshold big time. There is no way someone could mistake that many tradepacks. Unless someone owns up to this by tonight, I'll be locking the House down so no one can use it.

I wouldn't lock it down fully. Why not make the farm accessed by family only and continue to invite only those you have 100% trust in to continue to place and use the area.

KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
Originally Posted By: Goriom
Originally Posted By: Selenian

I wouldn't lock it down fully. Why not make the farm accessed by family only and continue to invite only those you have 100% trust in to continue to place and use the area.

The problem we are having with that is the individuals that need access to the Guild House in Marinople are already members of different families in order to control and share land access on other plots. Remember that we have three autonomous groups playing under a single Tag and we have cabals of individuals working collectively together in order to leverage the daisy chain pyramid of labor/mats.

We are going to wait until this weekend and with most the people being on during that time, I expect either the person(s) that made the mistake will come forward and we will work this out like we always do, or no one will say anything and we will have no recourse but to lock down guild assets and form trusted family pods.

There are two major limiters here as game mechanics. I have an open discussion with Scopes about the issue of parsing dba information into the mail you already receive when a trade pack is paid out. The dba knows who turned in the pack. The dba knows who crafted the pack. Why that isn't parsed out in a querry and put in a module and populated in the mail notification is beyond me. If you have someone who can develop and administer a unique item dba, than they can fucking write the simple scripts and put the global module together in there sleep.

That would resolve our issue as we would know who turned in the trade packs. It's someone with a KGB tag, be it a main or an alt, unless someone is being really deplorable and shuttling guild assets off guild land to an untagged alt and then selling and turning in those assets. That would make me extremly not happy and I will put back on my GSS mantle and find the piece of shit doing this and out you post haste.

The second open issue is the expansion of the Guild/Family/Public/Private game mechanic. You should be able to a member of multiple families. That is all Trion has to do is amend the code to allow for this feature, and hell make it a fucking Store Scroll and monetize it and people would give them 300 Crystals for the convenience.

At Saturdays Prime time even we will be asking people about this issue because not everyone checks the Oracle.

No matter what Vuldan, you will be made whole.

- Larry
Fmr. GSS Director

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
(GM2) Chief of Staff
KGB Federal Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
(GM2) Chief of Staff
KGB Federal Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Yesterday I was doing pack staging and I noticed there was ONE pack that was "unowned" on the back side of the house; the same side that I always place all my packs. I staged a few more packs and decided to turn in the left over pack only because a couple days earlier I got a mail that one of my packs were turned in by someone else. I figured someone realized they accidentally turned in my pack and left me one there? Not sure. Either way, if this was one of Vuldan's lost packs I will gladly reimburse him. It was only one pack though and I still have not received the money so I can't confirm if it was mine or someone else's.

Regarding the issue of opening resources to guild; we have a lot of people in this guild who don't actively participate in the sanddeep to gweonid trade run. It doesn't really make sense to have that house open to everyone since if something like this happens you have to look at 100 people instead of just 5-10. My 2 cents.

1 member likes this: Goriom
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
Originally Posted By: Exey
Yesterday I was doing pack staging and I noticed there was ONE pack that was "unowned" on the back side of the house; the same side that I always place all my packs. I staged a few more packs and decided to turn in the left over pack only because a couple days earlier I got a mail that one of my packs were turned in by someone else. I figured someone realized they accidentally turned in my pack and left me one there? Not sure. Either way, if this was one of Vuldan's lost packs I will gladly reimburse him. It was only one pack though and I still have not received the money so I can't confirm if it was mine or someone else's.

Regarding the issue of opening resources to guild; we have a lot of people in this guild who don't actively participate in the sanddeep to gweonid trade run. It doesn't really make sense to have that house open to everyone since if something like this happens you have to look at 100 people instead of just 5-10. My 2 cents.

The only problem with that exey is it's impossible to get just the people who run that run permissions and not everyone else. This game is very limited in regards to setting up permissions for property. The only way to do it would be to set up a family, which is limited to 8 people, problem is most of the people that run this are already in a few different families.

Regardless, this should have never been an issue.

K
CSky Alliance Officer
CSky Alliance Officer
K
Heya Guys, just got back from a weekend away, before I left, the Csky guys and I did a huge trade pack run (huge by our standards) We had 4 guys running it, 3 guys making the packs and transferring them to halcyona beach then I was personally dropping them off by cart at Selenian's house and rinsing and repeating until we had 12 packs there.

Then I logged off for an hour and half to do real life stuff, and was back on transporting the packs to gwen with Tripwire who also had a farm cart. However, I saw Vuldan's packs were on the back side and around the house where as I purposely put our packs (as I always do, hopefully Selenian and Donk can attest to this) in the side of the river and slightly around the corner, but as I was coordinating the run, there was no way we picked Vuldans packs up

Just a suggestion, but as we have alot of people doing these runs, it might be a good idea to have a standing rule that the trade packs are only left at Selenians house for a maximum of say 4 hours before they are moved on.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard