KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 19 guests, and 11 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
nethervoid
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,004,937 Trump card
1,337,427 Picture Thread
477,157 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#127123 10/05/14 06:44 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
So On Sept. 15 I got my account hacked, I was able to log in on the 16th and found another toon on a different server and all my gold and marketplace coins gone. I emailed Trion customer service and told them what was going on and told them that I had changed my password and everything was fine just wanted to let them know what was going on. I was able to play with no issues tell the 22nd when I logged in my account had been banned. And this is when the dog and pony show started with Trion. They emailed me back On Sept. 30 and told me the steps I needed to do to get my account unbanned, and one of them was a link to change my password and changed my email address for login, if they did not hear back from me within 72 hours they figure the problem is solved. I emailed them back and said I cannot do anything because the link they gave me was a login link to access your account and I cannot do anything because my account is still on ban status. On Oct. 2 got another email from them showing all the emails I left them and saying since they have not heard from me with 72 hours the issue is now solved and closed my ticket. I tried to log back into my account and still on ban status. So now I have to open another ticket and start all over again. I am about to say screw it and chalk it up as a 150.00 loss and move on, and will never spend another dime on a Trion game.

Through everything they still have not told me why my account was but on ban status.

Last edited by whoflungpoo; 10/05/14 10:30 PM.

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM "If you seek peace prepare for war"

Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
Sorry to hear this brother, I really am. My own problems are minor compared to this, but I can say you have to stay on them, multiple e-mails per day etc, don't let them slide. They will respond just to get you to leave the alone.

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
(G6) KGB Warlord
KGB Federal Faction
(G6) KGB Warlord
KGB Federal Faction
:/

CSky Alliance Officer
CSky Alliance Officer
I am real sorry to hear about your account.
Trion and xl really need to get there act together.

I would start here
http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco...-city-ca-373637
Only post actual details and no insults or conjecture. They are not bbb accredited but they do seem to respond to it.

Try to find contact info from here and send a few emails asking for help. Most of the time the higher ups are insulated from finding out issues like this.
https://www.linkedin.com/company/trion-worlds-inc.

Maybe make a temporary account on Trion and make post in the forums. Again no inflammatory language just the facts. Big business are testing the waters with suing people over flaming there company or products on websites. Next if no response then goto facebook twitter etc.

As a IT consultant, Just curios, how secure was your password?
Please dont respond to this. Just things to consider and a warning to everyone else.
how long was your password more then 8
do you have !@#$%^&()` mixed in somewhere
do you have capitals and numbers.
how secure is the password to your email account.
AOL and Yahoo, hotmail are the 3 most hacked email systems. Yahoo is not secure at all.

Have you run Anti-malware programs such as malwarebytes, adwcleaner, rkill, tdsskiller, hitman. you can find these programs on www.bleepingcomputer.com downloads section. Just to make sure any addon from another game isnt at fault. More then likely im guessing your email got hacked and that would be the only way for them to really get your account.

I have 3 8x8 farms, one 16x16, smelter workbench,
harpoon clipper, Farm cart,
3x Small cottage plan, thatched farm house plan, workstation.
Tripwire, Razorwire, Hotwires, Firewire

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/citizens/RazorWire
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Yahoo is terrible...

Also, Trion supports passphrase long passwords

These are much more effective even than mixing in special characters.

Sucks though, no MMO company will ever have decent customer service apparently.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
SC has but then they dont have a mmo yet

KGB Supreme Knight
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
Well after hounding them for the last couple of days finally got someone to help me, took all of 20 minutes to figure stuff out and now my account is legit. Thanks tripwire and Derid for the information, I was actually writing a complaint to the BBB we I got the email.

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM "If you seek peace prepare for war"

(G6) KGB Warlord
KGB Federal Faction
(G6) KGB Warlord
KGB Federal Faction
Well I'm glad they got back to you. I had one ticket in that never got answered.

Link Copied to Clipboard