KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 29 guests, and 26 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Devan Omega
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
1,987,444 Trump card
1,324,088 Picture Thread
473,917 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#126420 09/14/14 01:26 PM
Hare Offline OP
Arch Duke
OP Offline
Arch Duke
I just wanted to start a thread about these heal/tank classes. My first experience was that the healing through lvl 20 was pretty weak. But I used a 1h sword since I never found a healing staff. I also wore plate instead of cloth/leather.

They were pretty tanky but when I switched to Cleric I seemed to take less damage with the same low healing (under 300 hp heal at lvl 20 was pretty low to me). The primary low lvl heal also too a few seconds to cast and had a cool down. Maybe higher lvl heals will increase heal amount and decrease cool down.

I tried to primary heal in the lvl 20 dungeon and was a miserable failure. Maybe a healing staff would help here.

The other difference on the offense side was a def spell called Boastful Roar. Using this as a finisher on the Templar gave me OP damage. As high as 2600 damage off a solo combo when in my teens was just tearing mobs up.

Overall Cleric seemed tankier but Templar was more damage with the same gear. Both healed poorly probably due to gear and lvl.

K
CSky Alliance Officer
CSky Alliance Officer
K
At 32 I have a Pally main and Cleric secondary. I'm doing decent heals BUT I pretty much have to switch to full cloth with a club. My instant does 1300hp heal which I top up with Regen and Mend...

Last edited by Khensu; 09/16/14 08:35 PM.
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
Plate Healing is broke as hell right now. You basically have to heal in Leather (if you can get the right stats on it) or Cloth which generally has the right stats on it. At low levels (under 20) I would wear plate for the defense and use a 1 hander and shield to be more tanky and do more DPS.

Once you hit the 20ish range you make a decision on which armour route you are going to go and make the switch to either type and then make a decision about sword and board or healing staff. I have a Templar I am leveling up right now and its not particularly enjoyable form an time sink perspective when you are soloing. You really need at least one other person with you doing either the tanking or the DPS to expedite leveling.

Most, in fact almost everyone didn't roll a healer to start b/c everyone was focused on the land rush/level rush. Hence we are woefully short on Healing. We can't all be ganksters and have no healing. Some of our members are going to have to bite the bullet and roll either a healer alt or once they hit 50 start leveling a healing template on there main.

I get that people want to kill other players and they want to be able to level and have versatility. This isn't a 2 week sprint, its a multi month to year(s) long marathon. You can't be a high calibur rolling death squad without the class/group dynamics. The sooner people start acknowledging this fact the sooner we will have the sustained PvP ability.

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
I will roll a healer. Please PM spec/template if I am doing it wrong.

My research tells me to use this Hierophant Vit/Aura/Witch build:
http://archeagedatabase.net/us/calc/10371/

Anyone familiar with Hierophant please let me know what would be easiest way to get to 50 (i.e. what to get first).

[Linked Image]
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
Originally Posted By: Sini
I will roll a healer. Please PM spec/template if I am doing it wrong.

My research tells me to use this Hierophant Vit/Aura/Witch build:
http://archeagedatabase.net/us/calc/10371/

Anyone familiar with Hierophant please let me know what would be easiest way to get to 50 (i.e. what to get first).

Healing Staff
Cloth/Leather
Stat Stack Spirit and Int

You are better off mix-matching gear and maximizing stats as they come to you on gear then worrying about the set bonuses. The all one type armor bonuses are kind of crud unless you start getting into the high tier end game crafted/mob sets.

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
Missing in Action - October 2021
Missing in Action - October 2021
Currently playing the Tank Cleric (Templar) build Tas listed in his group roundup...shouldn't be hard to switch to Vit/Aur/Witch from Vit/Def/Aur if thats whats needed.

How is a Heirophant leveling .. with my Templar I can kill things halfway decently ..with one other it flies. Currently 22 or so playing with a Club that has healing on it which gets my heal to around 800 health at my level.

Should be on this weekend to play some more, currently just busy at work away from home for most of the week.

Its like a school bus of nuns hitting a shit wagon and bursting into flames. You just can't look away... -Tasorin
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
I could be leveling (and not busy at work for a change!!!) right now, if only client and queue cooperate.

This is SB.EXE level of frustrating!

[Linked Image]
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
SB.EXE! haha, that was a bitch

- Kuvja

KGB Champion - Taco Salad
KGB Champion - Taco Salad
I am rolling vit/witch/shadow to see how it goes. I have no idea if it will work but so far it seems okay.

[Linked Image]
KGB Knight
KGB HeroEngine Development Project Leader
KGB Knight
KGB HeroEngine Development Project Leader
I am going to try a paladin again, just like in alpha. It was great before the patch but after I had to use a 1 hand club for healing my damage turned to shit. Well see, I think there is a craftable spear that has healing and decent dmg on it.

This was the build i was trying out after the lame patch.
http://archeagedatabase.net/us/calc/8604/

Last edited by Viper; 09/19/14 09:05 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard