KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 6 guests, and 27 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Devan Omega
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
1,986,836 Trump card
1,323,918 Picture Thread
473,873 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
The French would have slaughtered the British had they not gotten their asses kicked by charging their cavalry into infantry in flooded muddy fields where they were easily dismounted and shelled like crabs stuck on their backs.

As my signature block says...

To the everlasting glory of the infantry...

Owain ab Arawn
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
ok back on subject of town they have updated the FAQ
PLAYER OWNED TOWNS

Will I be able to choose where the lots will be placed in my town?

We will be building the player owned towns from templates and modifying them based on requests. Players can submit a general layout request and we will get as close as we can based on our starting templates.

Can players help design their towns; even what kind of biome it has?

We will be building the player owned towns from templates and modifying them based on requests. Players can submit detailed requests, like biomes, and we will get as close as we can based on our starting templates.

Can town owners select their NPC buildings? Will I also be able to decide where they are placed?

Yes, players can pick which NPC buildings they want (number of buildings based on town size). We will be building the player owned towns from templates and modifying them based on requests. Players can submit layout requests for the town including NPC building location and we will get as close as we can based on our starting templates.

Do we get to create the lore for our town and name the NPC’s?

Yes!

Can we pick where our Town is located in Novia?

Yes, players can request a location for their town. As stated in the Add-on Store, the location will be limited to roughly the “quadrant of the map”. Exact hex location will be determined by Portalarium. This is because we have to place and balance them around plot points, dungeons, and adventure areas.

Can a town be upgraded? If so, how will that work?

For Episode 1, upgrading to a bigger town from an already established town will require replacing the old map with a new, larger map. This means players will have to store and move their houses from the old map to the new map

Does a town generate income for the owner? Do we get a part of the tax on used lots or make money from our vendors?

For Episode 1, we currently do not plan to have these towns generate income for the owner via the game systems. However players are free to earn income by renting the lots in their town to other players.

How will sieges effect player owned towns?

Though it was not in our origional design to have seiges impact player owned towns, but if players think this would be fun we could expand the sieges to include player owned towns. However, some PvP options will be available to Town Owner.

Can I flag my player owned town as an Open PVP Zone?

Yes you can! *cue wild west music*

When can I start my design session with the team?

We will be contacting town owners in the next few months to get this process started.

How will you schedule the design sessions and how will deal with conflicts of location and name requests?

We will be honoring requests based on town size and purchase date. Example: Metropolis owners will go first and they will be sorted by purchase date with oldest purchase having highest priority.

KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: Instrument
don't go upsetting arch he is one of the KGB in my time zone

Can't get upset from events which happened some centuries ago.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Entente Cordiale

KGB Arch Duke
KGB Arch Duke
Originally Posted By: Instrument
Entente Cordiale

had to google that one hehehe

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
I for one will be on for Release 8. Not sure how much but I plan to try out the PVP etc. Please keep in mind it is still early, the animations suck, it is sluggish and we can hope all that will change. Who all is planning to be on for release 8?

Just added $50, wish I could afford more but my wife will kill me as it is for that much lol. This is a very exciting opportunity and I want to be a part of it!

Last edited by Vyse; 07/22/14 12:18 PM.
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB Star Citizen Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB Star Citizen Faction
Originally Posted By: Vyse
I for one will be on for Release 8. Not sure how much but I plan to try out the PVP etc. Please keep in mind it is still early, the animations suck, it is sluggish and we can hope all that will change. Who all is planning to be on for release 8?

Just added $50, wish I could afford more but my wife will kill me as it is for that much lol. This is a very exciting opportunity and I want to be a part of it!

Every little bit helps. Were keeping it going till right after the top of the month. Trying to get the Town for $3,000.00 i think were rather close.

I'll be testing pvp tonight in the Dev+ test, and ill try some of it out later this weekend, but I'll also be testing Destiny out as well.

Got some testing in. The deck system is different needs work but has its advantages over using standard hotbar setups. Melee combat owns atm with the damage compared to spells. Not much in the magic department to use. Some are much better than others.

Last edited by Zhou; 07/22/14 04:47 PM.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

KGB TS Server Administrator
KGB High Chancellor - Star Citizen
JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Hi All,

Things have slowed down. I think I am going to talk to Romeo about his interest. At this point, I can make up the difference to get us to 3k which represents the town size.

Maybe we can get to City status.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB Star Citizen Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB Star Citizen Faction
Originally Posted By: JetStar
Hi All,

Things have slowed down. I think I am going to talk to Romeo about his interest. At this point, I can make up the difference to get us to 3k which represents the town size.

Maybe we can get to City status.

Well I can't give anymore at this point but if I can next month I'll just drop it into the donation to help. I think someone else might donate next month as well. Saw some interest from other KGB that are going to play they just don't post it seems.
:)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

KGB TS Server Administrator
KGB High Chancellor - Star Citizen
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
So how does the donate feature work? Do I purchase a package for access/title and the proceeds of that dollar amount are added to the "fund"? Or is it a straight dollar donation to the "fund" and I have to purchase a package for access/title in addition to whatever donation goes to the "fund"?

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  JetStar 

Link Copied to Clipboard