KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 19 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Aviendha
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,002,656 Trump card
1,336,691 Picture Thread
476,953 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 62 of 64 1 2 60 61 62 63 64
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Derid
First, dog whistle for what/whom?

The rest of participants in this thread.

Quote:
The correct answer with how to have prevented this.. is frankly better monitoring, and evaluation of public servants.

While I am not against more monitoring and accountability, current situation does not support this conclusion.

Perp was log since retired and would not be monitored.

Again, senile old man lights someone up over an argument. You conclusions is that we should monitor public servants.

Why did you not conclude on-the-spot gun license revocation by all mentally-impacted patients and mandatory reporting by doctors? Oh, I know why... "from my cold dead hands" is why.

[Linked Image]
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

Guy had a pattern of behavior. I find it hard to believe that a cop and swat guy who had a behavior of bullying and intimidating behavior along with unjustified use of force after retirement suddenly picked up those traits at the age of 65 when he retired.

You seem to be trying to say that since he was technically a civilian and had been for several years that his work history and conditions are irrelevant. Which I obviously wont buy into.

As for your last sorry attempt, the "mandatory reporting" by doctors was about doctors being able to politicize their practice.. or fear of such actually discouraging people who need help from seeking it. Who is going to seek help when doing so carries a risk of being very publicly stigmatized and losing your rights as a citizen? Even mental health orgs were leery of some of the things you seem to be saying are a good idea.

KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Guy had a pattern of behavior.

Your are unsupported in your claim that pattern of behavior is a) long-standing b) due to his past career in law enforcement.

Much simpler explanation is that the guy has lost his marbles. The whole "mentally incompetent" part that comes with mental disease where you no longer capable of acting rationally. Unfortunately, while he was going mad nobody took away his gun. Similarly to how nobody took away your keyboard.

Is there any, even circumstantial, evidence that pattern of behavior is not recent?

I read the shooter is in mid-70s, couple decades since retirement. If this was pattern of behavior, why only recent incidents are reported?

I fully suspect all of these issues will be brought up during a trial. You might as well be right, but going on currently available information your views are unjustified.

[Linked Image]
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

Its supported by a general body of knowledge regarding behavioral patterns in humans. Barring losing his marbles for one reason or another, behavior patterns and world perspective dont change in most people after early 20's let alone 60's or 70's.

While it is also possible he just simply cracked for one reason or another, it seems like it must have happened a while ago.

As far as retirement age, I did not see a number. Many people retire when they can take SS, however it is possible in his case he retired around 50 if he joined up at 20 or so and had a 30 year pension.

His response to the incident seemed lucid enough, and he tried to articulate a defense of his actions. One that actually would have flown more likely than not was he still wearing blue. Or in other words, his post-incident behavior and demeanor fits my model much more closely than yours. Your "justification" is just a rhetorical hand-wave for things you dont want to consider.

Of course it is also possible, and even likely that a combination of the two factors (worldview + marble lossage) was at work. This I would accept as reasonable, its entirely possible that a decade ago he would have been a codgety old intimidating asshat, but had enough self control not to up and shoot someone for little reason.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
One that actually would have flown more likely than not was he still wearing blue.

While I still don't agree with your arguments, I think this specific point deserves attention.

Yes. It is likely than not, that he would have gotten away with the murder is he was on-duty copy responding to a theater disturbance call. There would likely still be disciplinary hearings and termination for a cause, but not jail time.

I do agree that police has mostly unchecked power over you and as a private citizen you are not on the even playing field with them in the justice system. All of this is highly problematic.

Still, the above has nothing to do with the old codger with lose marbles who decided to go off the deep end with guns blazing.

In no way shooter's behavior is an example of police abuse.

[Linked Image]
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

Yes but I am not saying it is an example "of" police abuse, and that particular fine point is not relevant to the larger issue.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Open Carry activists harass vet on memorial day

Quote:
The footage the group posted was not the first such effort to intimidate by exposing someone's personal information: As I reported recently, in April members of Open Carry Texas outed a concerned schoolteacher who had called police in Plano, Texas, and she was soon hit with a barrage of harassment and violent threats by phone and email. James faced similar treatment this week.

[Linked Image]
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

Lulz.

KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Keep trying Derid, keep trying.

[Linked Image]
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Originally Posted By: Sini
Keep trying Derid, keep trying.

Hmm... /facepalm

Not sure which is more ridiculous, that you post something from MJ or that you read MJ

Even if the story is legit (huge IF)...

Inserting it into any type of gun rights debate is like saying we should also strike freedom of religion as a political right because of the Westboro Baptists.

Page 62 of 64 1 2 60 61 62 63 64

Moderated by  Derid 

Link Copied to Clipboard