The KGB Oracle
Serving the online gaming community since 1997
Visit www.the-kgb.com
For additional information

Join KGB DISCORD: http://discord.gg/KGB
 
KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 57 guests, and 9 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
AngryCajunKGB, Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp
1,478 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,097
Posts116,368
Members1,478
Most Online1,653
Mar 26th, 2026
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,828,983 Trump card
1,512,759 Picture Thread
580,242 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,475
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB Star Citizen Faction
***
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB Star Citizen Faction
***
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,475
I've been wondering what method I will eventually try out for this game and I want to see what advantages they will hold. During Alpha I will test each of the methods available to see what is best suited for myself. How about everyone else? What are you thinking of using for Star Citizen.


[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

KGB TS Server Administrator
KGB High Chancellor - Star Citizen
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 3,147
Likes: 14
Former KGB Member
***
Former KGB Member
***
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 3,147
Likes: 14
If its viable, Joystick, ALWAYS. The simple reality is replication of true flight mechanics is best achieved with a Joystick, top quality one like Cyborg or Saitek if you have it. I am praying anyway. I used joysticks to great success in all of the wing commander and successive series, I hope its as viable.


[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,475
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB Star Citizen Faction
***
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB Star Citizen Faction
***
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,475
I was also leaning towards a joystick. However over the years i no longer have one. So i recently purchased he Thrustmaster T160000M to test out the joystick features at alpha. If it works well I'll upgrade to something better if necessary. That is if its superior to the other options.

Link to joystick main webpage: Roughly $45.00 off amazon when i bought it.
http://www.thrustmaster.com/en_UK/products/t16000m


[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

KGB TS Server Administrator
KGB High Chancellor - Star Citizen
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 118
KGB Alumni
*
KGB Alumni
*
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 118
Keyboard and mouse is what I used for Freelancer and Wing Commander so figure I will go the same route!

Joined: May 2009
Posts: 784
KGB Knight
***
KGB Knight
***
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 784
VR headset is the way

Star Citizen, the upcoming space role-playing simulator from Chris Roberts (creator of Wing Commander and Freelancer) is being built with Oculus support.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oculus_Rift

Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,876
Likes: 10
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Supreme Knight
****
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Supreme Knight
****
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,876
Likes: 10
Originally Posted By: Instrument
VR headset is the way

Star Citizen, the upcoming space role-playing simulator from Chris Roberts (creator of Wing Commander and Freelancer) is being built with Oculus support.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oculus_Rift

Good thing. Now you need a good seat on hydraulics to get even more immersion.


[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 526
Likes: 10
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
***
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
***
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 526
Likes: 10
I really really hope they make joystick viable in this . I have a Saitek X52 that I havent been able to use since I bought it because most games mouse > stick


I will also have a Oculus rift for sure when the production models hit the market. At that point I will probably never leave my computer and become one with my desk chair


[Linked Image]
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 784
KGB Knight
***
KGB Knight
***
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 784
Your Oculus Order is About to Ship

You're receiving this email because your Oculus order will be advancing to "Processing" status in the next 24 hours.


all I need now is a chair

oh and the game would be nice

Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 79
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 79
You got the Oculus dev kit?

Joined: May 2013
Posts: 526
Likes: 10
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
***
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
***
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 526
Likes: 10
Awesome Instrument when you get it I want to know everything you like and dislike about it


[Linked Image]
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1