KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 19 guests, and 11 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
nethervoid
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,004,937 Trump card
1,337,427 Picture Thread
477,157 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Foop Offline OP
KGB Alumni
OP Offline
KGB Alumni
After being around a couple of weeks I have noticed a decent amount of drama steming from mob spawns and how to handle them. There will always be a jerk off that doesn't want to share and there will be normal people that feel they are being intruded upon. But we could do better.

I do not see a downside in setting an alliance policy on the issue. I am not offering a system at this time but I think a dialog is worth having.

I've experienced this myself from (shocker) Proxy. I was helping Isser with hags and we did a quick recall to bank. We came back out minutes later to find three Proxy there. They were "power leveling" and did not want to share the spawn. Whatever - but I share this to make a point...

Either side could feel slighted based on their point of view. In my opinion a concise policy (certainly not anything like this threadnaught I am writing up) that affects the whole alliance would neutralize drama, ill-will, and exclusion.

Some talking points...

1.) Should there be a limit?

June 28th patch notes
Quote:
Player Requested: We have tweaked the monster waving mechanic so that it scales with every single player in the spawn up to the current cap. This way 2 or 4 players in a spawn will now also trigger faster respawn of monsters. (previously it was 3 players or 5 players).

So currently for every person you add to the spawn it will increase the spawn rate up to that 5th person. Of course if you can get to 15 then it will frenzy.

Should alliance members be required to share a spawn up to 5 members in round robin? Is it unreasonable to ask players to significantly slow their progress down for 5+?

2.) What about members taken out of round robin?

Currently prowess split for a group gives 50% of the prowess to the player delivering the killing blow and 50% divided equally amongst the other party members. Yeah sorry Primalists.

Above 5 players in a spawn are these players helping or hurting the spawn? Should there be a limiting factor?

3.) The two party system.

Should it ever be acceptable to have two, or more, groups "sharing" the spawn or will this just lead to a counter productive/hostile environment?

4.) Saving your spawn.

In the event a group is farming a spawn and needs a break is there a good way for that group to save their spawn? Should this even be allowed?

5.) The phat lewts.

Should this even be discussed? Most mobs drop little of value.

Let me know what ya'll think or if this is even worth pursuing. I'm at work and bored so yeah...posts.

Darkfall - Sterling Archer
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
If you are dealing with KGB member, always include. Why? Whatever drawbacks of adding extra body might be, they are more than offset by morale gain due to comradery and group benefit.

[Linked Image]
Foop Offline OP
KGB Alumni
OP Offline
KGB Alumni
Originally Posted By: Sini
If you are dealing with KGB member, always include. Why? Whatever drawbacks of adding extra body might be, they are more than offset by morale gain due to comradery and group benefit.

This discussion is based on alliance interaction not in house KGB. Unfortunately the ideals of comradery and group benefit will not be controllable.

Darkfall - Sterling Archer
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
Oracle Admininstrator
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
Oracle Admininstrator
The situation with allies and a few mob spawns is being dealt with today. Mor and I have spoken with ally leadership and we are working towards a solution.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
[Linked Image]

Link Copied to Clipboard