KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 6 guests, and 27 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Devan Omega
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
1,986,836 Trump card
1,323,918 Picture Thread
473,873 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#120193 07/16/13 07:35 AM
KGB Alumni
OP Offline
KGB Alumni
Well after last night I am not much good anywhere. I had so much problems being in the same tile. I stayed at the stones and everything was great but the first time our group or the enemy group was close I would lock up for long periods of time.

So staying at the stones isn't going to work. The only option I really have is riding around patrolling as a scout and that doesn't sound like much fun to ride around listening to epic fights and getting rolled by groups coming to the siege...

Not much use in me paying for a game I can't partake in the main feature. I am going to continue to grind my prowess but I'm not very happy and will have a pretty hard decision to make come renewal time.

I submitted a ticket with dxdiag, ect.. Everyone who is having even the slightest problem please submit a ticket. Everyone who is running perfectly please submit a ticket, ask your friends in other guilds to submit tickets. Lets get everyone involved at Tug submitting tickets. Lets flood them with tickets until a majority of the people can participate.

KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Same issue here it seems about 35 percent can't participate in siege fights. And I'd guess another 30 percent of those is barely playable. From what I've seen from AV this problem will never be fixed. Hopefully we'll get a good game soon we can all participate in everything

[CENTER][Linked Image from nodiatis.com][/CENTER]
KGB Alumni
OP Offline
KGB Alumni
I have a ticket in currently. We will see what they say. I been reading some threads on forums and it seems Ati cards are the majority of the ones having issues.

There talk that the main process of darkfall is maxing out the core it's running on. Even though I have six core it only runs on one as pegs it out at 100% and then the game starts to lag. People who uninstalled their antivirus and fixed their problem were just at that threshold and Removing that antivirus freed up enough CPU to make it playable.

My question is does anyone know how to assign certain cores to run certain things? If so I will try assigning the three darkfall process to 3 separate cores, them everything else to another and see if that helps.

KGB Knight
KGB Knight
I use Nvidia and was getting 65k pings at yesterdays siege.
Didn't had a chance to do anything useful after we got off the shore.

- Kuvja

KGB Alumni
OP Offline
KGB Alumni
Ok so right clicking the process and setting affinity will assign it to certain cores. So ill try that sometime and see how it goes.

Does anyone have any programs that will restore windows to like if I had just installed it? I don't have a new copy of windows or I'd just reformat. Clean it up so all those hidden process and crap aren't in my machine running.

(F5) High Chancellor
KGB Star Citizen Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB Star Citizen Faction
I have a top end machine and I use to get many ping and fps problems in the beginning. One fix that affects majority of the people is completely removing all anti virus software and restart your computer. Freezing, stopping or bypassing will not work it has to be removed completely. The anti virus software tries to scan every particle effect and thus maxes out your comp slowing you down. It may or may not help your particular case but it is definitely worth an attempt.

Last edited by Zhou; 07/16/13 11:43 AM.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

KGB TS Server Administrator
KGB High Chancellor - Star Citizen
KGB Arch Duke
KGB Arch Duke
i ran 60 fps last night solid no lag spikes no frames loss and it was amazing since the game launched i have yet to have a real issue
i7-2700k
win7
asus radeon hd7900 top for my card
liquid cooler on the cpu
and i have zero extra software running no antivirus ect
and i have very fast broadband
i have heard that some people think the pinging and lag can come if you have low download bandwidth but a good pc

KGB Knight
KGB Knight
I INSTALLED avg and it helped me a lil in siege's go figure. ive learned a little work around by leaving the combat area to fix ping spikes but it doesnt help much. i did however die yesterday but i was laggen so bad i magically slid across the ground all the way back to the bindstones from the river by tug and became resable there. hehe its so fucked up. game is badly programmed and i dont see it getting any better. df1 had siege issues but nothing near this bad. even jetstar was unplayable and his machine is a beast. oh well new sandbox mmo u cant come sooon enough. :-)

[CENTER][Linked Image from nodiatis.com][/CENTER]
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Lets stay on this before anyone leaves the game. I have been on both ends, I have had no lag in the siege before last, and in this last one, I was useless.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB Star Citizen Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB Star Citizen Faction
Every other patch or so seems to affect the design on how the game runs. I had really bad sieges in the beginning of Darkfall. I fixed the issues regarding lag spikes and freezes by removing my anti virus. This luckily has helped some people but not everyone. Some never even dealt with this issue. Its hard to figure out the cause from our consumer end. Tho I can still tell a difference in patches when my fps seems to take a dive or rise after a patch.

I7 3930k at 4.2GHZ
32GB Ram at 1866Mhz
3x Geforce GTX 570's
50Mbps DL/ 10 UL
15 120mm fans for cooling.

I know some with a fraction of that and they never experienced any issues. There def is a design flaw somewhere that they need to address.

Last edited by Zhou; 07/16/13 04:29 PM.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

KGB TS Server Administrator
KGB High Chancellor - Star Citizen
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard