KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 27 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,016,951 Trump card
1,338,810 Picture Thread
477,749 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#118333 05/24/13 07:01 PM
Vuldan Offline OP
Former KGB Member
OP Offline
Former KGB Member
Signing on to serve in any organization requires commitment. Joining, agreeing to abide by the rules and regulations and standards of that organization involves more than just being a member. Joining the KGB involves this trait, commitment, which has been displayed by a large number of people since the KGB was created. Those same men and women, currently active and retired, live by a set of enduring core values which forms the bedrock of their character and which strengthen the KGB and allows them to regulate their behavior; they bond the KGB into a total force that can meet any challenge, a gaming family in the truest sense.

Commitment is the spirit of determination and dedication which must be displayed by all members of the KGB. It leads to the highest order of discipline for individuals and units, to accomplish any task and to be successful at it. It is the ingredient that enables 24-hour a day dedication to KGB by members around the world and it inspires the unrelenting determination to achieve a standard of excellence in every endeavor.
The secret to honoring your commitments is to commit in full conscious understanding of both the value of success and the consequences of dishonoring your commitment. In other words, you know what your committing to and your prepared to abide by that choice.

Commitment is not a seed that you can bury and forget about. The successful development of commitment requires the care of conscious wisdom and the honor of high self-regard. It means you respect yourself enough to do what you said, whether that is posting in the forums weekly, meeting your PvP practice or crafting obligations and committing time and energy to advance the needs of the KGB over your own.

Since joining the KGB again, I have been somewhat disheartened by the lack of commitment I see displayed by some of my fellow members, to meet the obligations they knew were part of joining, and to seek ways in which they might contribute further. And then it dawned on me, perhaps they do not understand what they did, or perhaps they simply need a reminder. It is somewhat like making a promise, that you will do everything you said you would do. Your honor in your word is reflected in your actions.

So, why then is it difficult for everyone to meet their commitment to the KGB? Perhaps, they did not understand what stopped them?

Three things stop most people from meeting their commitments:

1. Poor decision-making skills leading up to the commitment;

2. A lack of understanding of what they are really committing too;

3. And an effective process for following through on the commitment.

So, if that is the case, maybe it would best serve all of us to be reminded of how to meet our commitments. First, remember that you volunteered to be a member of the KGB, a commitment involving much more than just playing games.

To commit means to be morally bound to do. To bind oneself and pledge oneself is a decision of honor. It’s this level of principled accountability that is critical when acting as a member of an organization like the KGB, and some members need to be reminded of this a bit in their pledge to the guild and community as a whole.

Consider commitment, to yourself and to the KGB..what you agreed to do and what you continue to do;

Are you more likely to honor a commitment made to another than a promise you’ve made to yourself?

If so why do you respect yourself less?

Your commitment to the KGB means you determined you would accomplish your tasks, practices, posting on the forums, putting KGB needs and team needs ahead of your own (real life not withstanding of course, as real trumps game).

Sorry for the wall of text, but I felt I needed to say these things, as this has bothered me a bit since my arrival. We should strive to practice what we preach. When you recruit someone to the KGB, you should be the example they learn from, not the rule books, or the words of someone else. If you cannot meet the commitments, it would be easy to expect that your recruits wont be able to either, and the entire organization suffers.

RESPECTFULLY SUBMITTED
VULDAN IRONHAND

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Really over time, it is the commitment that is the foundation of all we are and all we do.

Great post.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
Oracle Admininstrator
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
Oracle Admininstrator
Originally Posted By: Vuldan
When you recruit someone to the KGB, you should be the example they learn from, not the rule books, or the words of someone else. If you cannot meet the commitments, it would be easy to expect that your recruits wont be able to either, and the entire organization suffers.

YEP!!!!! Your sponsorship and commitment matter in many ways.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
[Linked Image]
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
You can try to appealing to good side of people, but on the basic level everyone always ask "whats in it for me?"

Well KGB has been around the block couple times, and if you as a member do right, you get to ride with us, with people you know and who like you, and keep playing games.

Or you could be THAT GUY.

Do the right thing.

[Linked Image]
E
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
E
i am glad to see you back here Vuldan.. Someday we may play in a game together again..

KGB isn't KGB to me without you and several other key folks in it..

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
Vuldan Offline OP
Former KGB Member
OP Offline
Former KGB Member
To sweet, thanks. I look forward to that day as well.

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]

Link Copied to Clipboard