KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 54 guests, and 25 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Stealth Hawk
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,029,039 Trump card
1,339,747 Picture Thread
478,311 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#118032 05/17/13 10:21 PM
Revco Offline OP
KGB Knight
OP Offline
KGB Knight
"we have instated a prowess minimum to join of 20k prowess friends and family and kgb members are exempt to this rule
"

This is a fucking horrible rule and I am surprised KGB would implement something like this. Instead of some arbitrary in game number, how about we just only allow quality players... isn't that the whole point of the recruitment process? What does prowess level have do do with being a good fit for the guild?

I'll stop now, but seriously, wtf.

If I misread that and have gone off the rails, my apologies.

(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
Oracle Admininstrator
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
Oracle Admininstrator
It is to ensure that we are moving forward as a guild and not constantly in "noob training" mode to help them catch up to everyone else.

20k is very close to mid ground for most of kgb currently playing. Yes we have some that are super casual that are below this number.

As mor said in the post, This prowess minimum does not affect Real Life Family and Friends of KGB. The minimum is for those that we do not know personally. If they really want to join KGB they can work a little harder. Many of the other clans have been instilling a minimum prowess pool to join well before we have.

If you have played with someone and really want them in KGB. we can discuss it then on a case by case situation.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
[Linked Image]
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
im with revco. seriously prowess is only a very small part of dfuw. ive seen 6k prow guys pwn people. the game is player skill and always will. u either got it or u dont in pvp. some players r crafters, pvers, pvpers, tacticians, spies, harvesters, collectors, explorers etc its what makes a game like darkfall unique. not hating but thats how it works. and some people have the time to put in and some play very casual. im against a restriction on level(prowess) myself. they still need to b voted in by a lg group if they r they r kgbers if not , NEXT....

[CENTER][Linked Image from nodiatis.com][/CENTER]
KGB Arch Duke
KGB Arch Duke
my opinion on the prowess req was to assure we are not constantly picking up people who have zero invested and a lot of catching up to do as well as to get the people we have currently caught up
we have a large roster atm and a small percent are above 40k
id not personally want to see this prow req lower than 10k myself keeps it at a level where we know they know how to play the game and didnt get turned off by its style

KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Well this requirement effectively means you'll only accept players from other clans who have been playing already taking down several spawns to bridge the gap between the 6k or so safe zone prowess to 20k.. or some crazy badass solo player that's remained unguilded.

I understand not wanting a constant influx of new members needing groups through several of the early spawns constantly, but this will definitely cut off recruiting short of internal friends & family and a few clan hoppers.

As far as the number goes, 20k does seem higher than it should be if the purpose is to just stop applications from new players out of the safe zones. It takes a lot of slow grinding just to get to the 6k mark. I'd say 15k prowess would be a more fair mark to target achieving the goal of blocking new players, but still getting ones capable in PvP.

Seira Black
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
10-12 is very reasonable but still youll get nubs with 15-30k harvesting prows out of the noobie lands. it wont stop that either way really. im just happy to see people active in the game and hope that stays up and only gets better. we will see..
personally ive given up on most pve feats since i can literally gain faster prow harvesting and grinding crafting feats. the pve feats will always b there im not sure if the easy crafting ones will b after much longer...

[CENTER][Linked Image from nodiatis.com][/CENTER]
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter

Link Copied to Clipboard