KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 50 guests, and 8 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Binbs
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,029,881 Trump card
1,340,077 Picture Thread
478,435 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Derid Offline OP
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
OP Offline
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

I think the only naive thing, is to think that someone with the political muscle to become President, can do so without having tiers of loyal minions fighting dirty on their behalf - or that silent and passive approval cant and wont roll down hill to influence ambitious bottom feeders.

Sorry, I have studied far to much history to believe otherwise - and unlike many people am not under any illusions that the politicians in this decade are any different that any others one, two, three, four, or 14 decades ago. (Many Presidents have used IRS as a political weapon, historically speaking - Nixon and FDR immediately come to mind).

Do I think Obama personally wrote a memo to IRS folks telling them to target political enemies, and scrawled his John Doe large on it? Of course not. That does not change the fact that he has been very careful to make sure that there is as little outside investigation as possible. It does not change the fact that he has ignored the rule of law when he did not want to be inconvenienced, and has even outdone Bush and Cheney in terms of secrecy and intimidating and persecuting whistleblowers.

As far as the other things you talk about, when have I ever been anything but opposed to separation of Church and State?

When it comes to abortion, I have never been "pro life". True, I think that issue falls about at the bottom in terms of importance, but thats just because we have so many truly dire problems at hand.

As far as Romney.... I am still split on him. Obama is pretty bad. But on the other hand.. Romney is no friend to liberty. It could well in fact have turned out, that a President Romney would have been the way they finally did manage to disarm the public. In that regard, Romney could have gotten away with a lot with far less pushback than Obama.

I honestly dont get why you like Obamacare though. Even if you like the "idea" of Obamacare, I cant see how you could have supported that legislation. Have you ever actually read it? Tell me that if you had an team of underlings at work submit a systems implementation plan of similar quality , for a project that would have a massive impact on the future of the company, that you would not fire them on the spot.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Originally Posted By: Kaotic
You know good and damn well that the abortion argument isn't that simple. You and sini continue to try to frame your side such that any argument against it appears to be heartless and uncaring.

I named lots of issues and you focus on the most politically charged. Facts are simple.

Quote:
Despite the widely held, and repeatedly debunked, right-wing myth that the overwhelming majority of services provided by Planned Parenthood are abortion services, they make up a very small part of the services Planned Parenthood provides. One in five American women has chosen Planned Parenthood for health care at least once in her life and according to Planned Parenthood's latest annual report, abortion services made up a mere three percent of the services performed in 2011, while 95% of the services provided included STD testing and treatment, cancer screening and prevention, and contraception:

By defunding PP, you lose all these other services. Right wing people who are for this DONT CARE.

This was such a big part of Romney's campaign that if you supported him and the Republican agenda, I can say confidently that you care nothing for poor women's health care.

THIS IS THE POINT I WAS MAKING. Pro life / Pro Choice, that is not the major issue, although it is an important one to me.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Originally Posted By: Derid

I think the only naive thing, is to think that someone with the political muscle to become President, can do so without having tiers of loyal minions fighting dirty on their behalf - or that silent and passive approval cant and wont roll down hill to influence ambitious bottom feeders.

Sorry, I have studied far to much history to believe otherwise - and unlike many people am not under any illusions that the politicians in this decade are any different that any others one, two, three, four, or 14 decades ago. (Many Presidents have used IRS as a political weapon, historically speaking - Nixon and FDR immediately come to mind).

Do I think Obama personally wrote a memo to IRS folks telling them to target political enemies, and scrawled his John Doe large on it? Of course not. That does not change the fact that he has been very careful to make sure that there is as little outside investigation as possible. It does not change the fact that he has ignored the rule of law when he did not want to be inconvenienced, and has even outdone Bush and Cheney in terms of secrecy and intimidating and persecuting whistleblowers.

As far as the other things you talk about, when have I ever been anything but opposed to separation of Church and State?

When it comes to abortion, I have never been "pro life". True, I think that issue falls about at the bottom in terms of importance, but thats just because we have so many truly dire problems at hand.

As far as Romney.... I am still split on him. Obama is pretty bad. But on the other hand.. Romney is no friend to liberty. It could well in fact have turned out, that a President Romney would have been the way they finally did manage to disarm the public. In that regard, Romney could have gotten away with a lot with far less pushback than Obama.

I honestly dont get why you like Obamacare though. Even if you like the "idea" of Obamacare, I cant see how you could have supported that legislation. Have you ever actually read it? Tell me that if you had an team of underlings at work submit a systems implementation plan of similar quality , for a project that would have a massive impact on the future of the company, that you would not fire them on the spot.

In my case, and the reality of the matter is you have to pick the lessor of the two evils. I am not a blind liberal. I have to pick the lessor of the two evils. Voting for someone with no chance is a cop out. Ron Paul never had even a slight chance. SO by default, you are against all the things I posted. That is the point I am trying to make. Your personal beliefs are appreciated, but a vote for anyone other that Obama meant that in the last choice of the two candidates, all the things I mentioned are not important enough for you to compromise. That is a boiled down fact.

Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Thanks for making my point.

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]
Derid Offline OP
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
OP Offline
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

I dont buy that Jet, not at all. Even if Obama was the "lesser" evil than Romney, which while possible is still pretty thin- supporting evil is still supporting evil.

Are there times where it is logical to compromise? Sure, absolutely.

Obama vs Romney? Heh. We were screwed with either one of those guys.

Sorry, saying you defacto support X, Y, or Z, because you didnt vote for a terribly shitty guy who stands for a lot of bad things but *doesnt* support X, Y, or Z is a crock of bullshit and you know it.

It is a total fallacy promulgated by those who fervently wish to help people rationalize making unethical decisions at the polling place. (aka, Dem and GOP leaders)

I will only support a candidate or cause if I can do it and still sleep at night. Neither Romney nor Obama fit that bill. And it sure doesnt mean I support X,Y, or Z - just because a large portion of the country is silly enough to fall into that mental trap and support one of those two losers.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Originally Posted By: Derid

I dont buy that Jet, not at all. Even if Obama was the "lesser" evil than Romney, which while possible is still pretty thin- supporting evil is still supporting evil.

Are there times where it is logical to compromise? Sure, absolutely.

Obama vs Romney? Heh. We were screwed with either one of those guys.

Sorry, saying you defacto support X, Y, or Z, because you didnt vote for a terribly shitty guy who stands for a lot of bad things but *doesnt* support X, Y, or Z is a crock of bullshit and you know it.

It is a total fallacy promulgated by those who fervently wish to help people rationalize making unethical decisions at the polling place. (aka, Dem and GOP leaders)

I will only support a candidate or cause if I can do it and still sleep at night. Neither Romney nor Obama fit that bill. And it sure doesnt mean I support X,Y, or Z - just because a large portion of the country is silly enough to fall into that mental trap and support one of those two losers.

Ahh the principle purist. I respect you, but it has got to be frustrating.

Star Citizen Hanger:
Derid Offline OP
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
OP Offline
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

I wouldnt actually consider myself a purist. Just both Obama and Romney, were in fact just that BAD. I could support a Reagan, or a Bill Clinton (never Hillary, she is not Bill and woes is us if she convinces people she is), or an Eisenhower. None of which I would consider ideologically pure.

Calling someone a purist for snubbing the likes of Obama and Romney is like calling someone a food snob for declining to partake of either the roast cow shit, or the grilled pig shit.

What? Isnt the food good enough for you? Damn foodie.

(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
My comment was actually a compliment. I wish I was more of a purist instead of being so jaded and willing to compromise principle for agenda.

Star Citizen Hanger:
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Derid 

Link Copied to Clipboard