KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 54 guests, and 25 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Stealth Hawk
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,029,039 Trump card
1,339,747 Picture Thread
478,311 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#116517 04/25/13 05:27 AM
KGB Knight
OP Offline
KGB Knight
Hello there.

I've been poking about for a place to call home in DFUW. After years of deep meditation and contemplation (not really), I have decided that I shall pursue a place in the KGB!

Alas, I am in need of a sponsor. Unfortunately I cannot log into the game at the present moment as it is down for 8 hours, thus I cannot engage in dialogue with clan members. Patching in something monstrous I believe.

So I shall present a brief overview on who I am, what I've done and what I do now.

Twas the time when the days were long and I was forced to do homework from grade 8 maths that I developed a taste for online shenanigans. I began humble. Text based MMORPG's were my bread and butter, such as Kings of Chaos and Shadow Ops. But i grew weary of text, and succumbed to the lure of 2d graphics.

Hence a new chapter of my life was started, a chapter based in Maplestory (don't judge me please!! >.< ). Had I known better, I would have abandoned all notion of grinding out that game to the higher levels. Reaching level 73, I could not help but feel emptiness inside of me. Slaughtering cute 2D sprites with no risk of dieing was just not satisfying my appetite for adventure. Alas, I stumbled across a small game called Darkfall Online. Promising me open PvP, full loot, I quickly dropped Maplestory for this dream.

DFO beta came out, and I got in with a handful of souls I had met on the forums. We called ourselves Illithiri.
We established ourselves in Rubyat, and formed on the first zerg alliances. The early days were fun. Everyone ran around naked spamming mana missile.

Then the macroing started....
.... and the cheating.....

Poor casual souls like myself were left behind chocking in the dust of more hardcore players. The ravine separating those with an abundance of time and those without grew too large.

..... Then the NA server was announced!

From that point onwards, half the server stopped playing.
It shook the core of our small little guild. We never recovered.

I was entering university. I took this as my Que to bow out for now.

Some time later, I rejoined after the release of an expansion. I clanned up once again and moved into Hal'Kali. I lived along side OTG and a few other clans. Fun was had, akin to the times of Beta. But it did not last. We lost Hal'kali, and it was nearing finals. I again bowed out to focus on study.

Upon trying to come back a third time, I found out that DF1 was to be canned in a few months, to be replaced with DFUW.

I attempted to Beta test DFUW, but I was forced to give that up as the persistent landscape bug hampered my ability to play.

That pretty much leaves me here.

HI! Hope to chat to you's ingame sometime.

ING: Botagar Zerathun

(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
Oracle Admininstrator
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
Oracle Admininstrator
Nice of you to stop by and be interested in our organization. I know the game is down, but when you get the chance; Hop into our vent to chat. I know there are not many people in there right now, but that happens during the downtime/maintenance of the game servers.

I will be in Vent soon, if not when the server comes up. Hope to chat with you further.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
[Linked Image]
KGB Knight
OP Offline
KGB Knight
Hi Valaria!

I've been in and out of the vent channel for the last hour or so. Got an 8am start to class tomorrow though so if I'm not on when you jump in, I've probably dove into the mystical depths of my bed. XD

Link Copied to Clipboard